Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Is it time for a change?

1. UL Baseball Is it time for a change?

Coach Robichaux has been there for at least 15 years. Has he worn out his welcome?

2. UL Baseball Re: Is it time for a change?

800 victories tells me no.

Default Re: Is it time for a change?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Tony needs the weight back. When he was pudgy this team was a definite contender. Maybe he needs to contract with the Cajun Cooking club to bulk up a bit, guys dont seem scared of him anymore.

While I don't think there needs to be a change at the top, thee needs to be some change in the way we are doing things. Even Coach Robe alluded to that a couple of weeks ago on Mr. Bitter's radio show. One area that might need to be looked at is the weight training program for baseball. There seemed to be a number of games played this year where our players looked like boys next to the players from other teams who looked like men.

No.

Zee, where's that can of spray from the other day?

igeaux.mobi

While I don't think their needs to be a change at the top, why do we attack everyone who brings it up? I don't think it is a dumb a question as some people think. It seems that Robe is beyond being talked about.we should be able to question any coach who is not living up to potential.

I agree with what hammer mentioned in this thread.more needs to be done around the program. The weight program needs to be stepped up and maybe a few other things need to be looked at because obviously things have not worked to well as of late.

8. UL Baseball Re: Is it time for a change?

My only fear was that coach Robichaux could make it through coaching his son.

It appears he will.

Without wanting to or without ill intent coaches kids always expose their dads weakness.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    My only fear was that coach Robichaux could make it through coaching his son.

It appears he will.

Without wanting to or without ill intent coaches kids always expose their dads weakness.

jmo
    i don't get that. Explain.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

There should be NO sacred cows at UL. Not Robe, not anyone. The 2008-2009 athletic teams were abominations. Softball way underachieved, but If anyone should get a pass its the Lotiefs. I feel 100% sure that they will be back in the Top 10 next year. Next to softball, Football was our best sport. It brought us the most excitement this past year.
    Softball returns to its lofty perch next year and football surprises all of us. Everything else, remains pretty crappy.

Z

11. Default Re: Is it time for a change?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ i don't get that. Explain. _
    Lets say a child knows what he can and can't get away with around his or her parents.

Friends and acquaintances pick up on this, it's human nature.

When you have a serious coach there is very little "can't get away with" a child will add to the list. Unfortunately the reverse is true.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Refreshingly accurate post!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    There should be NO sacred cows at UL. Not Robe, not anyone. The 2008-2009 athletic teams were abominations. Softball way underachieved, but If anyone should get a pass its the Lotiefs. I feel 100% sure that they will be back in the Top 10 next year. Next to softball, Football was our best sport. It brought us the most excitement this past year.
    Softball returns to its lofty perch next year and football surprises all of us. Everything else, remains pretty crappy.

Z
    igeaux.mobi

MBB and WBB coaches are still coaching, so I highly doubt anyone is going anywhere.

UL could have finished dead last in SBC and he'd still be ok.

UL athletics are not headed in the right direction.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Is it time for a change?

Quote Originally Posted by SacalaitSlammer View Post
    _ Coach Robichaux has been there for at least 15 years. Has he worn out his welcome? _
    That is the most stupid blog I have every seen on this website. SOme of you people remind me a WHOLE LOT LIKE THE THE FANS FROM 50 EAST OF US. WE CAN'T WIN EVERYTHING EVERY YEAR.

OH, HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE GIVEN TO THE RCAF? I HAVE, IT WILL HELP US MAKE A DIFFERENCE. SO LET'S GET GOING.

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    _ That is the most stupid blog I have every seen on this website. SOme of you people remind me a WHOLE LOT LIKE THE THE FANS FROM 50 EAST OF US. WE CAN'T WIN EVERYTHING EVERY YEAR.
    _
    This is the problem.people like you accept what is going on in every sport. No joke we can't win everything every year but we haven't won at anything except softball so what is your point? Baseball has had good years but the last 2 have been horrible so what makes Robe above being called out? I didn't say he should be fired but no coach except the Lotiefs should patted on the back and told great job when they haven't accomplished anything.

You constantly say the type of thing you just said about people on this board and every time you just make yourself look ignorant. We have one of the worst athletic programs as a whole in the entire NCAA so what do we have to look forward to? Some good things are happening without a doubt but to sit there and say we are acting like the fans west of us because we want more like I said is ignorant. I'd love for more of our fans to act like the fans west of us. That doesn't mean the _______s that we all hate but the ones who won't accept less than the best.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information