5. UL-Monroe 868
    6. Southeastern 677
    7. Northwestern 373
    8. Nicholls 366
    9. UNO 293
    10. McNeese 281
    11. Southern 255
    12. Grambling 172
    Are you sure the Tulane reported is actual. I don't think they report actual attendance, as I remember a game when we played them where their reported attendance was at least double the actual.

Default Re: Louisiana Baseball Attendance Ranking

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Are you sure the Tulane reported is actual. I don't think they report actual attendance, as I remember a game when we played them where their reported attendance was at least double the actual.
    Tulane always reports tickets distributed. That is why their football nos. always seem high. They often count students in tickets distributed.

4. Default Re: Louisiana Baseball Attendance Ranking

they don't even scan tickets best I can remember---no way to get the true amount present----we do it right and get screwed when Tulane shows their false numbers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ Tulane always reports tickets distributed. That is why their football nos. always seem high. They often count students in tickets distributed. _

Why wouldn't students be counted as part of attendance? If UL has not been doing that, shame on us.

I'm assuming the 2,105 listed for UL is actual attendance? I saw where UL ranked 31st nationally last year in attendance and it appears they may improve on that this year.

UL Baseball Re: Louisiana Baseball Attendance Ranking

Quote Originally Posted by bballholic View Post
    I'm assuming the 2,105 listed for UL is actual attendance? I saw where UL ranked 31st nationally last year in attendance and it appears they may improve on that this year.
    Yep, actual butts in the seats

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ they don't even scan tickets best I can remember---no way to get the true amount present----we do it right and get screwed when Tulane shows their false numbers!!!! _
    yep. feels really good that we are so honest

When will we ever get someone who is aggressive in this school??? We dont fire an incompetant coach because it MIGHT cause grade issues. Please someone get aggressive

The fact there's only one school listed with actual attendance notated, leads me to believe whoever put together this data is pursuing some sort of agenda.

Numbers for all sports are fudged in many waysmost football statistics also include event staff in the attendance figures. All the top schools consistently average more people per game than there are seats and fire marshal accepted general admission.

The real problem with numbers reported as low as some of these schools, is that they indicate the only people at these games are players/staff/moms/ and girlfriends.

Quote Originally Posted by LSUConnMan View Post
    _ The fact there's only one school listed with actual attendance notated, leads me to believe whoever put together this data is pursuing some sort of agenda.

Numbers for all sports are fudged in many waysmost football statistics also include event staff in the attendance figures. All the top schools consistently average more people per game than there are seats and fire marshal accepted general admission.

The real problem with numbers reported as low as some of these schools, is that they indicate the only people at these games are players/staff/moms/ and girlfriends. _
    Or maybe the data comes directly from the schools listed. IDK

Quote Originally Posted by LSUConnMan View Post
    The fact there's only one school listed with actual attendance notated, leads me to believe whoever put together this data is pursuing some sort of agenda.

The real problem with numbers reported as low as some of these schools, is that they indicate the only people at these games are players/staff/moms/ and girlfriends.
    No agenda in the numbers. LSU lists both numbers in the box scores. UL only list one number.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    _ Are you sure the Tulane reported is actual. I don't think they report actual attendance, as I remember a game when we played them where their reported attendance was at least double the actual. _
    I went back and checked, LSU is the only school that lists both acutal and total attendance. All other schools only list one number.

Thread Information