Thread: New posts in a thread? ... and iphone users

Default New posts in a thread? ... and iphone users

Hey turb, i used to be able to click on the thread title and it would bring me to the first new post, but now it doesn't work. How do you get to the first new post on igeaux? Thanks

Posted via Mobile Device

2. Default Re: New posts in a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    _ Hey turb, i used to be able to click on the thread title and it would bring me to the first new post, but now it doesn't work. How do you get to the first new post on igeaux? Thanks

Posted via http://igeaux.mobi _
    Click the curved arrow that is just before the title and it will take you straight to first post you have not read. if there is no arrow before the thread you have read all the posts.

Clicking the title Will take you to the thead starter (first post on thread)

Clicking the straight arrow after the title and multi page links will take you to the last post in the thread.

Sorry for the change without instructions. I was trying to make igeaux.mobi work similar to the computer version.

Thanks for asking

Default Re: New posts in a thread?

Sweet...I'll try it
    igeaux.mobi

The new version on the phone is much better IMO. Still have some small problems on Safari on the iPhone with not being able to scroll all the way up some times and having to reload.

5. Default Re: New posts in a thread?

Of course that is all in theory.

For as many web browsers that are out there it seems they all have a nuance of their own in how they display web pages.

So since I can't own a vversion of every phone I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks.

igeaux.mobi

6. Default Re: New posts in a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ The new version on the phone is much better IMO. Still have some small problems on Safari on the iPhone with not being able to scroll all the way up some times and having to reload. _
    For this afternoon only (unless it works good) I am attempting to force a regular page look for the iphone.

If this affects any other phone let me know.

Also iphone users please let me know what works best.

ps if it doesn't work, I won't be able to change it back till 7pm tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ For this afternoon only (unless it works good) I am attempting to force a regular page look for the iphone.

If this affects any other phone let me know.

Also iphone users please let me know what works best.

ps if it doesn't work, I won't be able to change it back till 7pm tonight. _
    First impressions of new version on the iPhone 3G:

Looks good aesthetically.

When scrolling down, a white block appears then disappears after a second.

Difficult to click links at times. On lite version (previous version), link would stay highlighted to show it had been clicked until loaded. This one doesnt necessarily stay lit or light up.

Slower page loads (obviously)

When on a posting page, clicking in the "Message" box took a while and a few clicks. It doesnt pop your keyboard up to start entering a post right away.

Its not terrible and you can definitely use the forum, but the lite version's only main drawback was having the "freezing pane" syndrome. Also minor things like no images, but that's fine.

Ideally, you would probably want to be like sites like espn, cnn, etc that have a link at the bottom to open the full version of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Ideally, you would probably want to be like sites like espn, cnn, etc that have a link at the bottom to open the full version of the site. _
    Ditteaux this....as I can unsubscribe from in-game threads (and thus stop getting the emails fwded as text messages) after a game is no longer in progress. If you didn't understand any of that, then, well, just ditteaux....

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Of course that is all in theory.

For as many web browsers that are out there it seems they all have a nuance of their own in how they display web pages.

So since I can't own a vversion of every phone I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks.

igeaux.mobi _
    I haven't noticed anything different on my BB Bold this afternoon.

About the new format, since you asked...I like the new ability to go to the last page or newest post, or whatever. That's all good. I especially like how there's the mini User CP that appears on the frontpage, just like on a PC.

What I don't like about the new format is how the list of threads are positioned like a stair step, with each older one being beneath and a little to the right of the one before it. It's not a huge deal for me, but not as good as before when they listed directly below each other. The reason I don't like it is because this site is somehow different than most sites. On most sites, i can scroll a page up/down and left/right by moving the track ball. However with ragin pagin (and and a few others), the forum comes up in a separate pane, so I have to go to a scroll bar on the right, and move up and down there. Its something I've wanted to ask about before, but never have. I'm sure it's just something with the way the BB Browser reads the site, because most sites don't have a scroll bar. With the way the threads are listed right now, I have to go to the bottom scroll bar and scroll right, and then to the right scroll bar and scroll down to either see what threads are on the first page or to get to Page two. It's not a big deal, it's just a little more of an inconvienience than before.

Also, I don't know how others feel about it, but I've always wondered about changing the number of posts per page from 5 to 10, like on the regular board. With 5 per page for some threads (like for games), I just find myself spending more time loading the pages than reading them.

Again, these are just comments and observations. It's not like any of this is making me no longer want to use the site. Overall, I really like igeaux, and I'm really glad that you take the time to put it out there.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    Also, I don't know how others feel about it, but I've always wondered about changing the number of posts per page from 5 to 10, like on the regular board. With 5 per page for some threads (like for games), I just find myself spending more time loading the pages than reading them.
    _
    I agree Rhineaux. Some threads will be 40+ pages and if you are just getting in you pretty much can only go to the last page or read through everything.

Thread Information