Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Louisiana vs Baylor

Default Re: Louisiana vs Baylor

gonna be tough to win 4 straight in this regional. dont see it happening

bummer when you play an entire season just to go out quick in the first round (hopefully it doesnt happen but if we only score one run tomorrow were done)

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    needless to say shouldn't have swung on a 3-0 count .
    I disagree. This is softball, not baseball. It is the last inning and you can't afford to take the bat out of the hands of your best hitters when you are talking one run to tie the game.

A 3-0 count almost guarantee's you a nice fat one across the plate and a chance to tie the game or put someone in scoring position with one swing of the bat. We were literally within a foot or two of doing just that.

I might have done it differently in baseball but good hitters, with a good count in the last at batyou have to let them swing at the big fat yellow ball.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

May 9th, 2009, 04:45 pm

Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana
    a Ragin Pager for sure

Re: UL vs FAU SBC Championship Game

You can make those errors against also-rans and still win

We'll get arses whipped in the NCAA's with that kind of play.

Z, awaiting my red dot for being too negative.

Easy boys, just trying to make light of a crummy situation

Lets go whip some ssss tomorrow.

Z

4. Default Re: Louisiana vs Baylor

I have a feeling that we will see each other again. It will be hard but I have seen crazier things happen. You guys have been hot all year long and only have 12 losses on the year. This is a solid regional with a lot of very good teams.

5. Default Re: Louisiana vs Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRagin88 View Post
    _ That was a close call.

However when Cormier tagged the girl who tried to stretch the double and she was called safe. that was a HORRIFYINGLY bad call. _
    I had a really good view of this play and agree with you . it is too bad that Hanafin was the winning run because it was a bad call. Hubbard made a beautiful throw from center field and Cormier applied the tag in time well on the first base side of second. Hanafin was out and the ump simply missed the call.

Of course, the Lady Cajuns had plenty of chances to secure breathing room (beginning in the first inning) and it took another error with two outs for Hanafin to score the go-head run in the 6th . on another controversial play I might add. But I could see that call at home plate going either way. It was the call at second that was egregious.

It was interesting that Baylor replayed the play at home on the scoreboard . but did not replay the play at second. The NCAA does not allow replays in baseball. As for softball, I do not know . but if they do not, they certainly should not have shown the replay at home.

Brian

The play at home could have gone either way, it was extremely close and the photos I've seen show her beating the tag.

The call at second was just baffling though. completely changed the game.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information