Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Les Smith (not) Transferring?

1. What a Downer Les Smith (not) Transferring?

I heard a rumor that Les Smith plans to have surgery on his shoulder this offseason, sit out next year, and then transfer. I hope this ain't true. Hopefully this is all false. Man, if he leaves, we'll be hurting in talent and emotion. Cause the guy is gonna be a stud. Someone say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me its an idiotic rumor that doesn't hold an ounce of water.

Default Re: Les Smith Transferring?

I hope not...this guy is a stud!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Da Meuawk!!! View Post
    _ I heard a rumor that Les Smith plans to have surgery on his shoulder this offseason, sit out next year, and then transfer. I hope this ain't true. Hopefully this is all false. Man, if he leaves, we'll be hurting in talent and emotion. Cause the guy is gonna be a stud. Someone say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me its an idiotic rumor that doesn't hold an ounce of water. _
    Well he obviously hasn't asked for his release because he was in Sunday's game. If the coaches knew he were thinking of transferring or he had asked for his release they probably wouldn't have played him. So as of now this is probably rumor.

That being said I wouldn't be surprised if we see a large change in faces of our baseball program from this year to next year. Just like we saw a huge change from last year to this year in faces on the field. For instance we have 6 outgoing seniors. We have signed 6 new athletes. But we are looking for 3 more signees for 2010. Depending on the draft if we don't lose anyone 3 people off of this years team will have to go. So don't be surprised to see a few people leave this year.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunbaseball1 View Post
    _ Well he obviously hasn't asked for his release because he was in Sunday's game. If the coaches knew he were thinking of transferring or he had asked for his release they probably wouldn't have played him. So as of now this is probably rumor.

That being said I wouldn't be surprised if we see a large change in faces of our baseball program from this year to next year. Just like we saw a huge change from last year to this year in faces on the field. For instance we have 6 outgoing seniors. We have signed 6 new athletes. But we are looking for 3 more signees for 2010. Depending on the draft if we don't lose anyone 3 people off of this years team will have to go. So don't be surprised to see a few people leave this year. _
    But there's absolutely no way that Les Smith is one of those people we would think of replacing. He's one of our few consistent producers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ But there's absolutely no way that Les Smith is one of those people we would think of replacing. He's one of our few consistent producers!!! _
    Yea I understand that for sure. I wouldn't not try to run him off either. I hope he doesn't decide to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunbaseball1 View Post
    _ Well he obviously hasn't asked for his release because he was in Sunday's game. If the coaches knew he were thinking of transferring or he had asked for his release they probably wouldn't have played him. So as of now this is probably rumor.

That being said I wouldn't be surprised if we see a large change in faces of our baseball program from this year to next year. Just like we saw a huge change from last year to this year in faces on the field. For instance we have 6 outgoing seniors. We have signed 6 new athletes. But we are looking for 3 more signees for 2010. Depending on the draft if we don't lose anyone 3 people off of this years team will have to go. So don't be surprised to see a few people leave this year. _
    While i think your thought process is very logical, we are still trying to get into the tourney. We have to put our best 9 out there to win, and him in the lineup gives us that chance. I dont know that we are in a situation right now to sit guys cause they may not be here next year

_ I heard a rumor that Les Smith plans to have surgery on his shoulder this offseason, sit out next year, and then transfer. I hope this ain't true. Hopefully this is all false. Man, if he leaves, we'll be hurting in talent and emotion. Cause the guy is gonna be a stud. Someone say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me its an idiotic rumor that doesn't hold an ounce of water. _
    Hush yo mouth !

Unjustified rumors are bad mmmmmkay

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ Unjustified rumors are bad mmmmmkay _
    I would doubt he would have surgery performed here while on scholarship. I believe university insurance pays for much of these procedures. Were he considering transferring, I would think he would do so before having surgery. That way his new school pays for the surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ I would doubt he would have surgery performed here while on scholarship. I believe university insurance pays for much of these procedures. Were he considering transferring, I would think he would do so before having surgery. That way his new school pays for the surgery. _
    Why did you quote me on this? Your response doesnt really have anything to do with my post does it?

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ Unjustified rumors are bad mmmmmkay _
    Hopefully Les doesn't go.

You can quote me on that...

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ While i think your thought process is very logical, we are still trying to get into the tourney. We have to put our best 9 out there to win, and him in the lineup gives us that chance. I dont know that we are in a situation right now to sit guys cause they may not be here next year _
    I still believe if he were bailing on his team after the year Robe wouldn't keep him in the lineup. Or if he had asked for his release for after the season was over he wouldn't be in the lineup.

I also don't think this guy would be out there with a partially torn labrum putting his career on the line every game if he were leaving either. So this has to be rumor and not true in my mind.

The kid isn't going anywhere, he and his parents spoke with Coach Rob and all is good. It's not an idiotic rumor, just weeks after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ The kid isn't going anywhere, he and his parents spoke with Coach Rob and all is good. It's not an idiotic rumor, just weeks after the fact. _
    Thanks for clearing up the rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ The kid isn't going anywhere, he and his parents spoke with Coach Rob and all is good. It's not an idiotic rumor, just weeks after the fact. _
    Good to hear that he is staying, but one has to wonder if this will come up again if the team doesn't drastically improve next year. If the parents have already talked to Coach Robe about this, I would assume there is something going on.

From an outsider looking in, it just seems that Coach Robe has lost all control over this team for the last two years. I'm not saying that he has, I'm just saying that that is what it appears to be. Hope I am wrong.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information