Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Poll.

Default Louisiana Poll.

Louisiana Poll came out, voters think higher ed is underfunded, and that it should be a priority.

Also, some of you should read the article on 'Hypocritical Fans'.

Default Re: Louisiana Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ Louisiana Poll came out, voters think higher ed is underfunded, and that it should be a priority.

Also, some of you should read the article on 'Hypocritical Fans'. _
    Fun, I figured if anyone could find a way to blame the "big" sports programs for your own 'Hypocritical Fans', as you call them, it would be you.

Instead of 'Hypocritical Fans', I might call them "Hypo-frustrated Fans". We all have different levels of frustration that we can handle before we lose it and venting on a sports forum is but one way to handle our frustration. Each to our own, but I don't see much really wrong with fans venting and blowing off steam on a sports forum or 2nd guessing a coach or showing disappointment in the results of a game or a season.

Quote Originally Posted by 4LSU View Post
    _ Fun, I figured if anyone could find a way to blame the "big" sports programs for your own 'Hypocritical Fans', as you call them, it would be you.

Instead of 'Hypocritical Fans', I might call them "Hypo-frustrated Fans". We all have different levels of frustration that we can handle before we lose it and venting on a sports forum is but one way to handle our frustration. Each to our own, but I don't see much really wrong with fans venting and blowing off steam on a sports forum or 2nd guessing a coach or showing disappointment in the results of a game or a season. _
    So the athletes & teams (17-22 year old college students) should always show character, but the fans (much older, ostensibly college graduates) should not.

That's what you're saying, right?

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

_ So the athletes & teams (17-22 year old college students) should always show character, but the fans (much older, ostensibly college graduates) should not.

That's what you're saying, right? _
    Turbine, could you put a link up to the previous thread on this that Fun posted 6 or so months ago? I'd like to be reminded of the various points made (and for some reason I can't find the thread).

Good fan article Fun. I always wondered why people think they were owed so much from an event just because they bought a ticket to a game. You pay for the seat, nothing more nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ Good fan article Fun. I always wondered why people think they were owed so much from an event just because they bought a ticket to a game. You pay for the seat, nothing more nothing less. _
    Thanks, dude.

_ So the athletes & teams (17-22 year old college students) should always show character, but the fans (much older, ostensibly college graduates) should not.

That's what you're saying, right? _
    Kids/students/athletes/coaches who sign a binding contact with a school and who therefore represent that school to the world are always going to have more demands/expectations placed upon them and their character than joe blow fan does. imo

Everything we do in life speaks to our "character" in one way or the other. I just don't happen to think that a fan venting his/her frustration on a sports forum necessarily shows them to have a character issue any more than a football player drawing some kinda of flag shows them to have one.

But hey.I have been wrong lots of times.

Good luck this weekend against WKU.

_ Kids/students/athletes/coaches who sign a binding contact with a school and who therefore represent that school to the world are always going to have more demands/expectations placed upon them and their character than joe blow fan does. imo

Everything we do in life speaks to our "character" in one way or the other. I just don't happen to think that a fan venting his/her frustration on a sports forum necessarily shows them to have a character issue any more than a football player drawing some kinda of flag shows them to have one.

But hey.I have been wrong lots of times.

Good luck this weekend against WKU. _

You on St. John?

9. Default Re: Louisiana Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    Turbine, could you put a link up to the previous thread on this that Fun posted 6 or so months ago? I'd like to be reminded of the various points made (and for some reason I can't find the thread).
    Hypocritical Fans . . . the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Hypocritical Fans . . . the thread. _
    Ahh, those were the good ol' days.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ You on St. John? _
    I wish!!

I have a daughter getting married in the 1st week of June. She seems to think our last name has become Rockefellow or Kennedy!

I went to see this guy named "Killer" for a small loan. After talkin' to him for a few mins, he convinced me that a loan rate of 80% was more than reasonable and really in my best interest.

St. John will have to wait till next year, but when I find something special (to me); I ride it as long as I can.

Hope all the Destin's are doing well.

I just don't happen to think that a fan venting his/her frustration on a sports forum necessarily shows them to have a character issue any more than a football player drawing some kinda of flag shows them to have one.
    And I happen to think we should practice what we preach.

Good luck this weekend against WKU. _
    Thanks.

_ I wish!!

I have a daughter getting married in the 1st week of June. She seems to think our last name has become Rockefellow or Kennedy!

I went to see this guy named "Killer" for a small loan. After talkin' to him for a few mins, he convinced me that a loan rate of 80% was more than reasonable and really in my best interest.

St. John will have to wait till next year, but when I find something special (to me); I ride it as long as I can.

Hope all the Destin's are doing well. _
    He made you an "offer you couldn't refuse", huh?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Louisiana Poll.

_ Good fan article Fun. I always wondered why people think they were owed so much from an event just because they bought a ticket to a game. You pay for the seat, nothing more nothing less. _
    YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING, RIGHT!?!?! If all I'm paying for is the GD seat, then why the hell should I go at all!?? These "kids" are supposed to be getting a college education, paid for by US by the way, so why can't we demand some level of excellence in their performance, ESPECIALLY since we ARE paying for the seats, too!!!

ADDENDUM: Sorry Fun, but I need to know why demanding excellence from our athletic programs, just like academics and everything else at UL, makes me a hypocritical fan? HYPERcritical, maybe.

You could be doing other things with your time and money. When I go to a game I expect to be entertained or at least see a good game. It is amazing with our records we still have people showing up. Cajun fans are the best in the country.

I can always tell when LSU is playing and if they won or lost. When I wake up Saturday morning in the fall the LSU flags are flying down my street. If by the afternoon they are gone I know they lost. I think Cajun fans are a much different breed. If we suck again like the last twenty years I will still make a game or two. I will still have the Ragin Cajun gear and stickers on my car and flag flying in the front of my house. But man it is way over due for us to be able to really get excited and enjoy a football season. We can't fire our coaches and it doesn't seem we can get out of the quagmire we've been in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information