Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ragin' Cajun Restaurant in Sugarland, TX

Default Ragin' Cajun Restaurant in Sugarland, TX

I am working in Sugarland this week and on the way from hotel to work this morning I passed by a Ragin' Cajun Restaurant. I have been to the one closer downtown but was unaware of one in Sugarland.

Is this one owned by the same people and how is the food? Also, if anyone is interested in grabbing a beer and talking some Ragin' Cajun athletics this week let me know.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Restaurant in Sugarland, TX

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    I am working in Sugarland this week and on the way from hotel to work this morning I passed by a Ragin' Cajun Restaurant. I have been to the one closer downtown but was unaware of one in Sugarland.

Is this one owned by the same people and how is the food? Also, if anyone is interested in grabbing a beer and talking some Ragin' Cajun athletics this week let me know.
    Same folks. They just opened one up in the Woodlands as well. I have never been to the one in Sugarland but have been to the Richmond and Westheimer locations.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Same folks. They just opened one up in the Woodlands as well. I have never been to the one in Sugarland but have been to the Richmond and Westheimer locations.
    How's their chicken and sausage gumbo?

Had their roast beef poboy once and was less than impressed, so I never went back.

Quote Originally Posted by keithj View Post

Had their roast beef poboy once and was less than impressed, so I never went back.
    Never had it. I usually only go during crawfish season (which is usually hit or miss) or to the LA Bar to have a few drinks.

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by keithj View Post

It's ok. Wife likes the fried stuff.

You'll find the owner sitting next to Boomer @ the home games.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    It's ok. Wife likes the fried stuff.
    The fried stuff is really good.

The fried stuff is really good.
    Crawfish is expensive, but that's typical here in Houston. I live in Humble. My wife and I love a place on 1960 just outside Humble called "Cajun Express." Great crawfish. Well seasoned. Prices are good. They are from Louisiana.

Zachary's in Kingwood has great Cajun Food. I also her BB's was good. Never been.

Crawfish is expensive, but that's typical here in Houston. I live in Humble. My wife and I love a place on 1960 just outside Humble called "Cajun Express." Great crawfish. Well seasoned. Prices are good. They are from Louisiana.

Zachary's in Kingwood has great Cajun Food. I also her BB's was good. Never been.
    Never had Cajun Express but I will have to try. My favorite so far has been Wolfie's off of 45 just north of Spring. They are always big.

BBs in the Heights has really good poboys. Highly recommend.

Zachary's Alligator sauce piquante is awesome. Any time I go up to Kingwood for training I hit that place up.

Here is a place in Austin, Tx owed by Flash Dartez that ran Pizza Village for many years. Has food items from our area on the menu. Others have told me it's good, but I've never made the trip. Here is the info if y'all ever in that area.
    Cajun pizza place

http://www.cajunpizzaplace.com/menu.html

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    Here is a place in Austin, Tx owed by Flash Dartez that ran Pizza Village for many years. Has food items from our area on the menu. Others have told me it's good, but I've never made the trip. Here is the info if y'all ever in that area.
    Cajun pizza place

http://www.cajunpizzaplace.com/menu.html
    is that why i never see flash at pv on moss anymore? he's in austin?

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    is that why i never see flash at pv on moss anymore? he's in austin?
    Yes been there several years. I see his brother Red every once in awhile.

Never had Cajun Express but I will have to try. My favorite so far has been Wolfie's off of 45 just north of Spring. They are always big.

BBs in the Heights has really good poboys. Highly recommend.
    We also like Tebuleaux's in Spring

BB's Westheimer was terrible. Flour soaked roux and a beef scrap poor boy with the meat on the edge of the bread and dripping offthere was no meat on the interior of the poor boy. I kid you not. The manager and I had a talk. BS no mas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information