Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Football Arrests

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Football Arrests

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ we have an official story somewhere? _
    There was an article in the Advertiser on Wednesday.

Arrest record is here.

http://www.lafayettesheriff.com/site.es,toolbar=yes

Default Re: Football Arrests

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    _ There was an article in the Advertiser on Wednesday.

Arrest record is here.

http://www.lafayettesheriff.com/site.es,toolbar=yes _
    The explanation given in that story was taken directly from the police report obtained by the DA on Tuesday.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article.904290336/1006

"According to a police report obtained by The Daily Advertiser, officers from the UL Police Department responded to a report at 12:19 p.m. Monday of an apparent residential burglary on campus at 110 Rex St., Apt. 219. That's when Moore and Cook were identified and arrested.

Among the property involved were three laptops, one PlayStation 2 game console, one Xbox 360 game console, one iPod and one iPod docking station."

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ The explanation given in that story was taken directly from the police report obtained by the DA on Tuesday.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article.904290336/1006

"According to a police report obtained by The Daily Advertiser, officers from the UL Police Department responded to a report at 12:19 p.m. Monday of an apparent residential burglary on campus at 110 Rex St., Apt. 219. That's when Moore and Cook were identified and arrested.

Among the property involved were three laptops, one PlayStation 2 game console, one Xbox 360 game console, one iPod and one iPod docking station." _
    This whole thing is stupid. Don't blame it on being young and stupid, I was once young and stupid and I never burglarized an apartment. If guilty, ship there @sses out of here. No one is bigger than this Cajun team. When you let stuff like this go on around your team, it will lead to more problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    This whole thing is stupid. Don't blame it on being young and stupid, I was once young and stupid and I never burglarized an apartment. If guilty, ship there @sses out of here. No one is bigger than this Cajun team. When you let stuff like this go on around your team, it will lead to more problems.
    Anyone who has read what I've written and had to say about this issue knows that I have yet to offer any excuses for what's happened here. Right now, the most important thing is for the courts to make a ruling. After that, you'll see a decision on the football future of both players.

Quote Originally Posted by bruh View Post
    _ These things happen more then you realize, especially with the football team, it just doesnt always make it in the news. I seem to recall an incident a few years ago in the athletic study hall. A prominent football player, whom every one on this board loved, stole Danny Farquhar's sunglasses and ipod while Danny had gotten up. When Danny complained about it, the study hall admins were afraid to confront the athlete. Then Danny was threatened by the athlete and some teammates regarding the incident. I dont remember the exact outcome but I do recall hearing that Bustle laughed it off as no big deal. _

They happen because you are dealing with sometimes very immature 18 and 20 year old kids. I did some pretty dumb stuff at that age also. I don't think this is anything that defines our program or university as it happense EVERYWHERE.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    _ I do too, but as I said earlier, if they are found guilty, it is essential that the Scholarships be stripped from these athletes. I'm not saying that they cant still try walking on, or that if they do walk on, they shouldn't be punished once back on the team, but I'll be furious at the idea of paying for their education when they absolutely disrespect fellow students. With that said, as per Parrot, since they are renewed every spring, they can have their scholarship revoked very soon and that could open up some scholies for some late signees, like how we got Yobes Walker last year. _

Please be advised, if they are guilty, as this is a felony they will be gone. I think a lot of it will depend on whether they have a previous record or not, whether they are apologetic and remorseful for what they did and what type of charges the victims and police agree to pursue. They may plea down and just get some probation if all of this takes place. However, i think the chances of them staying are low at this point. Bustle doesn't put up with this stuff too well. This is also going to be a big blow to the program because I love the motor that Cook plays with.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ Lets Put some faces to these crimes

It disgusts me to see these 2 in vermillion and white - GET RID OF THEM! _
    Can't you crop or photoshop the picture? Those guys don't deserve to be shown sporting the colors.

8. Default Cook and Moore Suspended Indefinitely for Robbery

Very sadI saw Cook at the Spring Gameseemed like a happy go lucky guy.

Cook at the Spring Game

9. Default Re: Football Arrests

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ Scholarships are renewed every spring, so taking their money away could be an option.

That maybe.but it's my understanding, that if a school (Not from a crime) revokes a scholarship, they do not have a have another scholarship to give until that one expires.

This prevents schools from yanking scholarships because I a kid doesn't turn out like they hoped, and giving it to someone else.

They can terminate a scholarship legitimately for academic or disciplinary reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by NewCajun View Post
    _ That maybe.but it's my understanding, that if a school (Not from a crime) revokes a scholarship, they do not have a have another scholarship to give until that one expires.

This prevents schools from yanking scholarships because I a kid doesn't turn out like they hoped, and giving it to someone else.

They can terminate a scholarship legitimately for academic or disciplinary reasons. _
    They do if an athlete violates a serious university code of conduct. In this case, the university does not have to let a student or student athlete convicted of a felony crime against another student back on campus. The athletic scholarship can be revoked and replaced due to criminal conviction.

11. Default Re: Cook and Moore Suspended Indefinitely for Robbery

_ Very sadI saw Cook at the Spring Gameseemed like a happy go lucky guy.

Cook at the Spring Game

_
    I'd be happy go lucky too if I had a bunch of new, free goodies.

Track & Field Re: Football Arrests

_ That maybe.but it's my understanding, that if a school (Not from a crime) revokes a scholarship, they do not have a have another scholarship to give until that one expires.

They can terminate a scholarship legitimately for academic or disciplinary reasons. _

I am pretty sure that scholarships are granted for a period of one year at a time, so the scholarship is only tied up for one year.

I like Cook, the kid plays like his hair is on fire.

Sad to lose him if it's a done deal.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by drumroll View Post
    _ I am pretty sure that scholarships are granted for a period of one year at a time, so the scholarship is only tied up for one year.

I like Cook, the kid plays like his hair is on fire.

Sad to lose him if it's a done deal. _
    How are you feeling?

Z

Track & Field Re: Football Arrests

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ How are you feeling?

Z _

Very well, looking forward to football season :-)

How's your "ammo for optimism" program coming along?

Got bullets?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information