Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Football Arrests

Default Re: Football Arrests

Remember: innocent until proven guilty.

If it is true, don't let the door hit you.

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    _ Remember: innocent until proven guilty.

If it is true, don't let the door hit you. _
    guilty i just proved it

Quote Originally Posted by bruh View Post
    _ These things happen more then you realize, especially with the football team, it just doesnt always make it in the news. I seem to recall an incident a few years ago in the athletic study hall. A prominent football player, whom every one on this board loved, stole Danny Farquhar's sunglasses and ipod while Danny had gotten up. When Danny complained about it, the study hall admins were afraid to confront the athlete. Then Danny was threatened by the athlete and some teammates regarding the incident. I dont remember the exact outcome but I do recall hearing that Bustle laughed it off as no big deal. _
    Dear Sir,

I recall this instance as I am the on the athletic admins you are speaking of. yes, Danny's glasses were stolen but noone could prove who took the young man's glasses. Remember, there is speculation and again, I remember the situation with Danny but he never positively identified the player and if I recall correctly, the young man who was accused was nowhere near a prominent athlete. I hope this answers some of your questions.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ If his oldest son ends up being our best player how long of a free pass would he then get? _
    "Best player on the team?". I would check his DNA.

I hate that these two young men just screwed up their lives, allegedly. I'm with some other folks on this one. if all that is being alleged is true. they have to be kicked off the team.

Regarding Danny's glasses:

Thanks for clearing it up. It's important to get these things straight and I wasnt trying to instigate, just going off of a story that was told to me by people supposedly in the room when it happened.

6. Default Re: Football Arrests

Plenty of this over the years at UL and every school---the choices are ----dismissal, severe punishment and apology, a combination with limited suspension---these have worked different ways both great and very bad!!!! Do tigers change their stripes????? sometimes!!!!

If these young men are found guilty of the charges, then an apology and/or limited suspension would be ridiculous. Both have been charged with 2 counts of simple burglary, that means 2 separate robberies. One is also charged with possession of stolen goods. We're talking felony theft. I know some of the victims. They have found out the hard way that locking your door to your dorm room when you leave does not make it secure. I don't know what evidence the Univ. Police have and I wouldn't say if I did know. My guys just want their stuff back, from whoever took it. Their computers had school work on them and like everyone else, years of information they've collected.

If guilty, they should have their scholarships stripped. Bustle can choose to do with them whatever he wants after that, but it is ABSOLUTELY imperative to me that the school should NOT be paying for their education.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    If guilty, they should have their scholarships stripped. Bustle can choose to do with them whatever he wants after that, but it is ABSOLUTELY imperative to me that the school should NOT be paying for their education.
    Scholarships are renewed every spring, so taking their money away could be an option.
    igeaux.mobi

10. Default Re: Football Arrests

Glasses gone . . .
    SPECulation . . .
    Corrective vision (I mean version)
    Clarity.
    It fits.

ps see sig

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Plenty of this over the years at UL and every school---the choices are ----dismissal, severe punishment and apology, a combination with limited suspension---these have worked different ways both great and very bad!!!! Do tigers change their stripes????? sometimes!!!! _
    Wise words from someone who both played and coached in the real world. Based upon his "prior record" I trust Rickey Bustle fully to make the right decisions in these cases.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Wise words from someone who both played and coached in the real world. Based upon his "prior record" I trust Rickey Bustle fully to make the right decisions in these cases. _
    I do too, but as I said earlier, if they are found guilty, it is essential that the Scholarships be stripped from these athletes. I'm not saying that they cant still try walking on, or that if they do walk on, they shouldn't be punished once back on the team, but I'll be furious at the idea of paying for their education when they absolutely disrespect fellow students. With that said, as per Parrot, since they are renewed every spring, they can have their scholarship revoked very soon and that could open up some scholies for some late signees, like how we got Yobes Walker last year.

13. Default Re: Football Arrests

Lets Put some faces to these crimes

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    THIEF!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    THIEF!

There are no excuses for these things There are no acceptable justifications In life, people make mistakes, granted. But then again, there are mistakes, and then there are such things as character flaws. People that steal from others have CHARACTER ISSUES.

It disgusts me to see these 2 in vermillion and white - GET RID OF THEM!

we have an official story somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    I do too, but as I said earlier, if they are found guilty, it is essential that the Scholarships be stripped from these athletes.
    What I said was I trust Rickey Bustle's judgement to make the right call whether that involves revoking scholarships or not. I'm sure he will have legitimate reasons for whatever action he ultimately takes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information