Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2014: Where in the world is Cayenne?

Quote Originally Posted by ULalum06 View Post
    nothing > any of everything ya'll have suggested. We are known as the Ragin' Cajuns.ENUF. The entire nation thinks we have the best nicknames. why do we NEED a mascot? Let the flaming dildo die.
    The fact the we would pay 16k for 2 flaming dildo suits is insane.

Default Re: Where in the world is Cayenne?

Sometimes it's not about the suit itself, but the person inside the suit Mike the Tiger has won MULTIPLE mascot titles, but yet there are no less than 13 D-1 schools that have a Tiger as their mascot. Heck there are three schools that use Tigers in the SEC alone!

Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post
    Sometimes it's not about the suit itself, but the person inside the suit Mike the Tiger has won MULTIPLE mascot titles, but yet there are no less than 13 D-1 schools that have a Tiger as their mascot. Heck there are three schools that use Tigers in the SEC alone!
    i don't even care about mascot accolades.i want on-the-field awards. this comical cayenne would be a non-issue if we were constantly winning. example the stanford tree? or whatever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post
    I went to high school with a "Mike the Tiger" He told me it is always a student and they have 4 different guys who each get a quarter during the game to ensure he stays active and energetic.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    Wow. How can an expert on branding be so totally wrong on this.

Unquestioningly we need a spirit leader. But we need it done right and not some laughingstock.
    They were probably the ones that came up with the design. Gotta make that money!

I like the idea of a human mascot, especially one that plays accordian etc. during time outs etc. as long as it doesn't turn into a parody of itself and degrade into another Poo-Poo Broussard (love the Hunting ET video.Mais, cook da rice.bam!) Or. Instead of a Pepper suit, what would the cost be for a head similar to the one worn by the UGA bulldog, and move forward by going back. Just an idea. Like the pepper on uniforms as a salute or acknoledgement to the area. That's branding yall.

7. Default Re: Where in the world is Cayenne?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    The fact the we would pay 16k for 2 flaming dildo suits is insane.
    The first one was $25G though that may have included the fonts and design logo kit.

The second and third ones were cheaper.

The last style is only $8G because basically all you need now is the head set and some arm flames.

UL has poured so much repetitive bad money into this it isn't funny

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Yes! Now that's a great idea. I think everyone would like that.
    And we wouldn't kill our dog !!!!!

Why not wear all white unis and go back to bulldogs?

That's what i'm talking about!!!! good idea.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Let's forget Cayenne ever happened and just get a Catahoula. We don't need a "spirit leader". As for entertainment from a guy in a chicken suit. I'd like to see him make a come back!

Default That's branding y'all? Not following you.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I like the idea of a human mascot, especially one that plays accordian etc. during time outs etc. as long as it doesn't turn into a parody of itself and degrade into another Poo-Poo Broussard (love the Hunting ET video.Mais, cook da rice.bam!) Or. Instead of a Pepper suit, what would the cost be for a head similar to the one worn by the UGA bulldog, and move forward by going back. Just an idea. Like the pepper on uniforms as a salute or acknoledgement to the area. That's branding yall.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Atchafalaya Swamp, is the largest wetland and swamp in the United States.

Located in the heart of Cajun Country.

Located in the heart of Louisiana.

Its #1 resident is the Louisiana State Reptile, the Alligator.

"The Swamp" is where the Ragin' Cajuns play football.

"The Swamp" is located in the heart of Cajun Country, on the UL campus.

Its #1 resident is the Louisiana State Reptile, the Alligator.

The Bullgator has lived on the University of Louisiana campus since before the school existed. A fence had to be erected around The Swamp in 1900 to keep the Alligators off of campus prime.

This is a no brainer.

The Alligator is what the rest of the country thinks of when they think of Louisiana. No one will question the legitimacy except us over thinkers.

PLUS it has a VERY LARGE SNOUT
    You are correct. This is a no brainer. The gator that someone has on here is a perfect mascot and ours look great in costume. Call it Louie, short for Louisiana. With all of the mascots around the country including all of the tigers and bulldogs, there would be only two Gators out there. Of course, we still keep Ragin Cajuns as our moniker, so we are not the Gators like Florida. I think we need to make a bigger deal out of The Swamp. Who cares what Florida does? Clemson and LSU are both Tigers and both Death Valley, yet there is no problem with that. As you said, it is a tradition on campus and tradition is what we need more of.

Quote Originally Posted by njustice View Post
    I thought this was interesting.thoughts?

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/n.enne/15365207/
    8 years later the meeting still hasn't produced any results? USLing it 100%.

14. Default Re: Where in the world is Cayenne?

It doesn't have to be any particular thing other then identifiable and crazy . . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phillie_Phanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I went to high school with a "Mike the Tiger" He told me it is always a student and they have 4 different guys who each get a quarter during the game to ensure he stays active and energetic.
    Well that means at least four mascot suits. No way I’d crawl into one of those in the fourth quarter Labor Day weekend after 3 other people soaked it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information