Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 2014: Where in the world is Cayenne?

Default Re: Where in the world is Cayenne?

As much as I love the drawing of the Bull gator, a gator is not original. And as stated in an earlier post, we would be considered copycats of Florida, even though we had the original "Swamp". And with Napier now there, most would see us as not being able to move on from Napier.

Cayenne was original. We need an original mascot because we are the Ragin Cajuns. There are no other Ragin Cajuns in the world of sports.

Our mascot doesn't have to be the Cayenne, but it has to be one of a kind. No gators, dogs, tigers, eagles.Again, we are the RAGIN CAJUNS!!!

2. Default Re: Where in the world is Cayenne?

Of course this whole thing is just my opinion (jmo) but after everthing Florida has stolen from Louisiana including The Swamp itself, I am shocked by the timidity.

There are dozens and dozens of plant based and fruit based mascots and Cayenne was buried in the fruit mix.

Cayenne started off as an unsustainable full body suit, and needed to be revised a half dozen times, throwing good money turned bad over and over, culminating in a motionless spindle head. That is a trip that does not need to be revisited.

The Cayenne transition full body suit to only a round head was educational.

All that is needed (and this should save big bucks) is a highly animated head, coupled with the sports clothing of the event du jour.

What really amazes me though is the failure to accept that Louisiana's mascot has been the Gator going back 75 years. Did none of timid lift their head between classes?

"Alligator Habitat"

Default Re: 2014: Where in the world is Cayenne?

The alligator is an excellent mascot choice for UL since we have the campus swamp. We all have stories about hang out near the union, the gators getting loose on campus, or feeding the animals in the swamp.

UL needs to let the students, alumni, and faculty vote on it. The mascot could be unveiled at halftime of a basketball game.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information