Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Coach Robe

UL Baseball Coach Robe

After seeing Robe pinch hit Masch for Hawkins in todays game I cannot keep my mouth shut any longer--I don't care if Hawk is 0 for April you don't pinch hit for him--Robe is way too short sighted to be considered a good D-1 manager--I have often said that if the rules would allow it Robe would change the batting order DURING a game based on everyone's previous at-bat--Baseball is a game with alot of failure-you need alot of reps to get into a rythym--eventually everything will even out-If you manage your players the way he manages, alot of players will play tense and will be looking over their shoulders fearful of going 0-9 in a series and being benched--With Robe being a former pitcher,I honestly do not think he understands how difficult other aspects of the game are--There is a reason why you can count on ONE hand the number of manager's (that were former pitcher's) that have EVER been successful in the big leagues--As a matter of fact,in the history of baseball, it is rare for former pitchers to even get manager jobs--The reason: They do not know the game--They are only on the field every 5th day--On another note,I think Robe has sucked the life out of this team because of his actions following the SE Louisiana game this week--Robe's grade the last two years: C- --The previous 8 years he did not interfere with the team that much--He had the horses--I think a mediocre mgr. hurts a mediocre team more than he hurts a good team

Default Re: Coach Robe

wow man. i dont know why every one is on coach robes back these days. i know the last two seasons they havent had the type of season cajun fans have been used to getting, but its not always the managers fault. im a former player and have firsthand expierience on how much being succesfull means to robe and the other coaches. it really blows my mind to see all the fans jumping ship after all of the things robe has done for this university and program. i didnt see anyone bringing up all of these faults with robe when he was bringing you to regionals year after year and winning numerous conf. championships. i love to see all of the "experts" on here who played Pony baseball when they were 12 or was an all star t ball player in the 2nd grade try an give their wise words on how they would win games if they were in charge. well instead of hating on robe and the coaches, talking about will longs errors, or how horrible the pitching is, just realize that you dont have the slightest clue about how hard all of these guys practice play and prepare every single day. next weekend we can give you a uni, glove, and cleats and let you win games with your expert knowledge and athletics skillsha!

Tony Robichaux is a great man, mentor, and coach. Hes the main reason yall have come to expect greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballfan View Post
    _ After seeing Robe pinch hit Masch for Hawkins in todays game I cannot keep my mouth shut any longer--I don't care if Hawk is 0 for April you don't pinch hit for him--Robe is way too short sighted to be considered a good D-1 manager--I have often said that if the rules would allow it Robe would change the batting order DURING a game based on everyone's previous at-bat--Baseball is a game with alot of failure-you need alot of reps to get into a rythym--eventually everything will even out-If you manage your players the way he manages, alot of players will play tense and will be looking over their shoulders fearful of going 0-9 in a series and being benched--With Robe being a former pitcher,I honestly do not think he understands how difficult other aspects of the game are--There is a reason why you can count on ONE hand the number of manager's (that were former pitcher's) that have EVER been successful in the big leagues--As a matter of fact,in the history of baseball, it is rare for former pitchers to even get manager jobs--The reason: They do not know the game--They are only on the field every 5th day--On another note,I think Robe has sucked the life out of this team because of his actions following the SE Louisiana game this week--Robe's grade the last two years: C- --The previous 8 years he did not interfere with the team that much--He had the horses--I think a mediocre mgr. hurts a mediocre team more than he hurts a good team _
    You are mislead on a few things.i for one thought that Hawk had a horrible weekend and dont have a problem letting Masch get an AB in that situation. Robe may have saw that masch had some good swings lately in BP and descided to give him a chance to change the momentum of the game. I am not sure that being a pitcher has anything to do with being a good or bad manager. Knowing the game, which he does, doesnt mean you will always have the greatest talent year in and year out. That is my issue with what has happened over the past few years is, I think that we have missed, and not evaluated talent very well, in my opinion. I thoughtthat some of the guys that Scefz brought in, never fit into this program. Ithink that there are about 5 guys that we have brought in in the last 2-3 years that I like,all the others i think we have missed greatly in evaluating. I think that in years past we had ALOT of high character guys that played the game with great passion. Last year we lacked that and I think that it isn't any better this year. In years past, Robe has put some pressure on his clubs and they have responded. When you have a team full of guys that play with passion and swagger, they respond. Im not sure what you are tqalking about after the SE game, but hardnose leaders and guys that play with a chip on there shoulders should be able to handle pressure . I, like you, am sick and tierd of loosing.

UL Baseball Re: Coach Robe

Quote Originally Posted by legends View Post
    _ wow man. i dont know why every one is on coach robes back these days. i know the last two seasons they havent had the type of season cajun fans have been used to getting, but its not always the managers fault. im a former player and have firsthand expierience on how much being succesfull means to robe and the other coaches. it really blows my mind to see all the fans jumping ship after all of the things robe has done for this university and program. i didnt see anyone bringing up all of these faults with robe when he was bringing you to regionals year after year and winning numerous conf. championships. i love to see all of the "experts" on here who played Pony baseball when they were 12 or was an all star t ball player in the 2nd grade try an give their wise words on how they would win games if they were in charge. well instead of hating on robe and the coaches, talking about will longs errors, or how horrible the pitching is, just realize that you dont have the slightest clue about how hard all of these guys practice play and prepare every single day. next weekend we can give you a uni, glove, and cleats and let you win games with your expert knowledge and athletics skillsha!

Tony Robichaux is a great man, mentor, and coach. Hes the main reason yall have come to expect greatness. _
    Since you are a "former" player, why is it "you" and "yall" and not US? Just a question.

BTW, you don't have to be a former college ballplayer to know the game.

Robe was a genius 2 weeks ago. Just sayin
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    _ Robe was a genius 2 weeks ago. Just sayin
    igeaux.mobi _
    Thank you Cpt Obvious. LOL, I wanted to post that. You got me JL

Get over it! Robe is a PHENOMENAL COACH and a PHENOMENAL person. He is the best coach UL has ever had and has done more for this University than anyone in any sport. The Loteifs are close.

Robe will get it going. He is doing the best he can with what he has to work with. They haven't gotten the breaks and have been bitten by injuries and other medical issues. Not his fault. I DO like the young kids brought in this past year - and with a few of the sophs. I think the future is bright. We knew going into this year that this would be a rebuilding year.

I also have no doubt that our facilities in baseball falling behind everyone else plays a role here as well. We desperately need the upgrade!!! The Tigue isn't even top teir in the BELT. Not good. We have the fans and atmosphere, but not the facilities. I'm glad Les Smith could see through that.

Although what does disappoint me is that I thought they were putting it together during the 7 game streak. then here we are now. Hopefully they can get some confidence back and run off a few games to make the conference tourney. Not easy - @ Troy, WKU, @ UNO. They have certainly put themselves in a hole.

I was happy he pinch-hit for Hawkins who not only had a bad game today I don't remember his last good game. certainly NOT a good weekend. I'll be glad when he is not playing first base next year. We need more defense there.

Inconsistent pitching. Inconsistent hitting. Long's errors. = losing conf. record. I really would be happy if I NEVER see Long in the field again. I've seen enough. Pinch hit or DH - sure. SS/3B - NO!

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    _ Get over it! Robe is a PHENOMENAL COACH and a PHENOMENAL person. He is the best coach UL has ever had and has done more for this University than anyone in any sport. The Loteifs are close.

_

Good person.yes.
    Phenomenal coach.VERY debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballfan View Post
    _ After seeing Robe pinch hit Masch for Hawkins in todays game I cannot keep my mouth shut any longer--I don't care if Hawk is 0 for April you don't pinch hit for him--Robe is way too short sighted to be considered a good D-1 manager--I have often said that if the rules would allow it Robe would change the batting order DURING a game based on everyone's previous at-bat--Baseball is a game with alot of failure-you need alot of reps to get into a rythym--eventually everything will even out-If you manage your players the way he manages, alot of players will play tense and will be looking over their shoulders fearful of going 0-9 in a series and being benched--With Robe being a former pitcher,I honestly do not think he understands how difficult other aspects of the game are--There is a reason why you can count on ONE hand the number of manager's (that were former pitcher's) that have EVER been successful in the big leagues--As a matter of fact,in the history of baseball, it is rare for former pitchers to even get manager jobs--The reason: They do not know the game--They are only on the field every 5th day--On another note,I think Robe has sucked the life out of this team because of his actions following the SE Louisiana game this week--Robe's grade the last two years: C- --The previous 8 years he did not interfere with the team that much--He had the horses--I think a mediocre mgr. hurts a mediocre team more than he hurts a good team _
    Maybe it has something to do with Hawkins play rather than Robes coaching. Other than Hawkins this is a Very young team!

We are young. Wait till next year. Lol. Sound familiar?

Lets get him a lifetime contract ASAP!

12. Default Re: Coach Robe

Robichaux holds a well earned/deserved immunity card.

igeaux.mobi

Since some of you want so bad for one of us "robe homers" to say something negative, here you go. The mistake robe mad was hiring scefz. We were a mid major program that prided ourselves on pitching, defense, and manufacturing runs. We will not make the cws year in and year out because we are a mid major with lacking facilities and all around financial support. The reason we made it in 2000 was those guys that could pitch, play defense and manufacture runs could also hit for power. It all came together that season and we made a run. Look at the stats after the rules for the bat changed. Teams that make it to the cws have pitching and defense. If you want to watch a homerun derby, go find a slowpitch softball game. We need to get back to playing baseball. Scefz sacrificed baseball players for "power hitters" who either hit the ball a mile or strike out. That is not baseball. Get back to what was working before and we'll start winning again.

For the guy that questioned tony's knowledge for the game, please enlighten us with some more examples. I am dying to see you make a fool out of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunbaseball1 View Post
    _ Good person.yes.
    Phenomenal coach.VERY debatable. _
    I agree. Before anyone jumps down my throat, I don't think we should get rid of Coach Robe but he is given a lot more slack than anyone else.

im sorry i guess my english was a little off.just like a lot of your ideas on baseball. an please dont question if i am truly a former player. i havent been gone for that loong. An to answer your question you do have to play past t-ball to have a clue about the game adn to be able to post your opinion.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information