Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Coach Robe

Default Re: Coach Robe

Who cares about women's basketball? Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by legends View Post
    _ im sorry i guess my english was a little off.just like a lot of your ideas on baseball. an please dont question if i am truly a former player. i havent been gone for that loong. An to answer your question you do have to play past t-ball to have a clue about the game adn to be able to post your opinion. _

Oh and the YOU and YALL represents the ignorant people who keep dissing Robe and the players.
    When have I ever dissed Robe, That would be NEVER. I believe you are a player, never questioned it. Really was probalby a fan of yours.

I have yet to post an opinion about this years ball club. I never question Robe and his decisions or coaching methods, I respect and LIKE him. I will call out some players though.

So because I played HS and Legion ball, I guess that makes me a dumb arse when it comes to baseball

And it should always be US. Great talking with you buddy, hope to hear more incite

Quote Originally Posted by Ballfan View Post
    _ _
    It is funny you mention Schef, some of us were curious as to how Kansas was doing, When I looked they had swept texas and last week were ranked #30, darn. Like I said we were curious. has Kansas ever been ranked before.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    _ Who cares about women's basketball? Seriously. _
    NCAA wise it is the 3rd biggest sport so a lot of people care about it.

UL Baseball Re: Coach Robe

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ You cant make me believe that having a 5,10,or 15 million dollar facility will help us pitch better, or field ground balls better, or stop taking strike three. I believe that winning is what would get kids in here and want to play for a program that is consistantly in the post-season. Our facility is not a complete dump. it is good enough to get quality kids in here that can compete at a high level everyday. _
    If you don't think new facilities go ask the football coaches.
    I met some parents of a girl recruited for by UL, don't remember sport, but they told me she did not come her because of the dorms.
    2) we have a 10 million dollar facility, to replace our facility today like it is, is a 10 million dollar facility.
    3) BDC or CUSA conference, because of our accomplishments since 1998, we the fans and Baseball deserve a second to non facility. We have loyal fans, but you don't think we could get high calaber players that were border line.
    I do believe we get good players, but we miss some good players too.
    After seen Tulanes, USM, Rice's, and LSU's facilities, don't you think having a newer more prestine Ball Park instead of mud washing down the side walks, terribe bathroom facilities, one only and then, there are the port a lets, nicer press box, suites, canopy from 1st to 3rd base. YES FACILITIES MAKE THE DIFFERENCE. We should have the best FACILITY IN THE SUNBELT BECAUSE WE HAVE THE HIGHTEST ATTENDANCE AND BEST FANS.
    It is good to be free and debate isn't it.

GEAUX CAJUNS.

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    _ If you don't think new facilities go ask the football coaches.
    I met some parents of a girl recruited for by UL, don't remember sport, but they told me she did not come her because of the dorms.
    2) we have a 10 million dollar facility, to replace our facility today like it is, is a 10 million dollar facility.
    3) BDC or CUSA conference, because of our accomplishments since 1998, we the fans and Baseball deserve a second to non facility. We have loyal fans, but you don't think we could get high calaber players that were border line.
    After seen Tulanes, USM, Rice's, and LSU's facilities, don't you think having a newer more prestine Ball Park instead of mud washing down the side walks, terribe bathroom facilities, one only and then, there are the port a lets, nicer press box, suites, canopy from 1st to 3rd base. YES FACILITIES MAKE THE DIFFERENCE. We should have the best FACILITY IN THE SUNBELT BECAUSE WE HAVE THE HIGHTEST ATTENDANCE AND BEST FANS.

GEAUX CAJUNS. _
    COuld not agree morebetter facilities= more capitalI think by improving the Tigue you would generate more money. You could charge more for admission you would attract more recruits.I remember on my recruiting trip I saw the blueprints for the Tunnel that we were supposed to be putting in but never got the money to do it. I also was informed about an indoor facility that would be going in.(was not put in until after I left). It is time for a recruit to come in and allow Robe to say This is our tunnel, these are our new cages, this is our indoor facility, this is our sky box suites, etcI would love to see the Tigue completly renovated, as it would make a world of differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Maybe Mike can use more personal attention? If this was Robert Lee we would be blaming him for not making players better but Robe gets a pass on this? Once again I am not saying fire Robe but should Robe get a pass just because he is Robe? _
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    _ If you don't think new facilities go ask the football coaches.

GEAUX CAJUNS. _
    No recruit comes here because of the dorms. This remains a huge problem for all Cajun sports recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by BrudaCajun View Post
    _ When have I ever dissed Robe, That would be NEVER. I believe you are a player, never questioned it. Really was probalby a fan of yours.

I have yet to post an opinion about this years ball club. I never question Robe and his decisions or coaching methods, I respect and LIKE him. I will call out some players though.

So because I played HS and Legion ball, I guess that makes me a dumb arse when it comes to baseball

And it should always be US. Great talking with you buddy, hope to hear more incite _

well dont call out players unless you have competed on their level before. it makes me sick when we have geniouses on here call out or bash on players for making mistakes. (not just you Bruda Cajun, anyone on here) like i said most people have no idea the hard work that all these players put in year round to be the best they can be. i understand the frustration, but that needs to go. everyone that wears that Cajun uniform understands the pride and hard work the people before them put in to have the priveledge to wear it and compete on such a high level and have the respect thats given to us. if the people that do the bashing on here are so insightful and full of knowledge why dont you offer some of this to coach robe and better our team.ha!

Quote Originally Posted by legends View Post
    _ well dont call out players unless you have competed on their level before. it makes me sick when we have geniouses on here call out or bash on players for making mistakes. (not just you Bruda Cajun, anyone on here) like i said most people have no idea the hard work that all these players put in year round to be the best they can be. i understand the frustration, but that needs to go. everyone that wears that Cajun uniform understands the pride and hard work the people before them put in to have the priveledge to wear it and compete on such a high level and have the respect thats given to us. if the people that do the bashing on here are so insightful and full of knowledge why dont you offer some of this to coach robe and better our team.ha! _
    I agree its not ok do dawg the players, because I know they work hard and are not being paid.

But at the same time, the people in the stands spend HARD EARNED $$$ on this team and university, so they have the right to complain. Because after all, you have no idea how hard we work for our money.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ No recruit comes here because of the dorms. This remains a huge problem for all Cajun sports recruiting. _
    bingo. There's only so many athletes you can cram into Legacy Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballfan View Post
    Examples: 1.For three years thinking Will Long was a shortstop-- He is an outfielder--
    2.LSU game--we have a man on second with 0 outs and our 4 hitter is up who happens to be 6' 2" 220lbs and a lefthanded hitter(Smith)--Robe has him bunting!! Anybody else would let him hit away and since he is a lefthander the worst case scenario would be that he rolled over one to the 2b which would move the runner over anyway
    3.This year he still has no idea how to use our two best arms(Robe & Osborne)-He starts them and when they have a bad outing he moves them to the pen-Then when our starters are struggling he moves them back to being starters-Sound familiar--He did the same thing with our best arm last year: Farqhuar-- Pitchers need to have a normal routine to know how to properly rest their arms
    4.Robe is all about "manning up" and playing with a chip on your shoulder-I REALLY THINK HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A LINEBACKER COACH because baseball is not played that way-It would be different if at every game once the first pitch was thrown that both benches would empty--I am all for playing with alot of intensity but in Robe's mind if you don't play well you are not "manning up" and he will bury you on the bench--It is inexcusable for the way he has handled M.Cook this year
    -Will Long was an infielder in high schools and was recruited as an infielder. He wouldn't have been started above the outfielders we were starting the last couple of years.
    -I'm not going to second guess game decisions, although I don't remember him bunting Smith with a man on second.
    -Osborne was picked as the Friday starter because of his great fall, and has been good. He's had good outings as a starter with a couple of games where he's been hit hard. He pitched great out of the bullpen a couple of times. He's been our most consistant pitcher this year. Robe started the year in the bullpen and did't start a game until this Saturday. They don't want to use him as a starter as his type of pitching is better used in relief.
    -The toughness doesn't mean fighting, it means mental toughness when in critical situations in the game (hitting with runners in scoring position, fly balls to the outfield with runners on third and less that two outs to score runs, not walking or hitting batters to start innings late in the game (especially after your team scores a run(s) to get back close to a team you're trailing. This doesn't include errors, as those happen, but we're much better fielding as an infield than the last two years, with the vast majority of the errors occuring at the corner positions.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    _ -The toughness doesn't mean fighting, it means mental toughness when in critical situations in the game (hitting with runners in scoring position, fly balls to the outfield with runners on third and less that two outs to score runs, not walking or hitting batters to start innings late in the game (especially after your team scores a run(s) to get back close to a team you're trailing. This doesn't include errors, as those happen, but we're much better fielding as an infield than the last two years, with the vast majority of the errors occuring at the corner positions. _
    You are either good enough to do all of those things or you aren't in my book. Mental toughness (ESPECIALLY AT HOME) have nothing to do with those things. I am willing to bet they are trying hard to do their best at all of those things and either physically can't, too tired from 3 practices in one day, or they are just having tough breaks injuries included.

I don't think Robe has sent one pitcher out to the mound and said walk the lead off guy. Or told one of his pitchers its ok to give up 3 hits in a row after an error like Justin did on Sunday, but you know what? I'm willing to bet they are all giving it their absolute best to stop stuff like that from happening. Will has to make the plays in that inning and when he doesn't our pitchers have to pitch better. And I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with being tough. I think we get tough confused with good results. Danny Farquhar was called soft all last year and the guy hasn't given up a run in his last 25 innings in minor league baseball. He was labeled "tough" when he dominated his 1st two years here out of the pen. Then he moved to starter and got into a "funk" and all of a sudden he's soft and mentally weak. People get into ''funks''. And I think a lot of the people on this board listen to the radio and think everyone is soft because that is what's being said.

What about Blake Haagen? He was labeled "tough" the first half of the season. Now he isn't getting outs. Giving up runs right and left. Why? Overworked? He's in a rut? I don't know why, but something has changed and I don't think its because he's all of a sudden soft or whatever y'all buy into.

Maybe they are thinking too much instead of having fun.

I know when I play golf, the more i think about my swing, the more i slice the _____ outta the ball!!!

Thats prolly not the reason for the way they are playing, but who knows

Maybe they should all just relax a little and play like Keefer. Chad doesn't look like he is uptight and all he does is get on base damn near every time he comes to the plate be it a hit or a walk. Man has he been a great asset.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information