Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Coach Robe

Default Re: Coach Robe

Oh and the YOU and YALL represents the ignorant people who keep dissing Robe and the players.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    _ Since some of you want so bad for one of us "robe homers" to say something negative, here you go. The mistake robe mad was hiring scefz. We were a mid major program that prided ourselves on pitching, defense, and manufacturing runs. We will not make the cws year in and year out because we are a mid major with lacking facilities and all around financial support. The reason we made it in 2000 was those guys that could pitch, play defense and manufacture runs could also hit for power. It all came together that season and we made a run. Look at the stats after the rules for the bat changed. Teams that make it to the cws have pitching and defense. If you want to watch a homerun derby, go find a slowpitch softball game. We need to get back to playing baseball. Scefz sacrificed baseball players for "power hitters" who either hit the ball a mile or strike out. That is not baseball. Get back to what was working before and we'll start winning again.

For the guy that questioned tony's knowledge for the game, please enlighten us with some more examples. I am dying to see you make a fool out of yourself. _
    Would you mind naming some players that Szefc brought in that either hit the ball a mile or strikeout. Fact of the matter is look at the numbers from the teams that we had when SZEFC came in. a la 2005, 2006, 2007??? Did we forget about those years? I think Szefc is a great offensive recruiter just didn't do to well with Pitchersoffense was never a problem for Szefc. You people don't know what you are talking about!

You people need to relax. It's just baseball.

Here, let me pour you one of these.

It's not that he is a bad coach; rather, he's just not as good as most fans make him during the pre-season. I have said it before; today we only have ONE winning Divivsion 1 Program - Women's Softball!

The first change we should make next year is a new Athletic Director and then go from there. No new coaches until we get a new Athletic Director and Direction! If we let Walker hire the new coaches we are in for another decade of losing.

Quote Originally Posted by legends View Post
    _ wow man. i dont know why every one is on coach robes back these days. i know the last two seasons they havent had the type of season cajun fans have been used to getting, but its not always the managers fault. im a former player and have firsthand expierience on how much being succesfull means to robe and the other coaches. it really blows my mind to see all the fans jumping ship after all of the things robe has done for this university and program. i didnt see anyone bringing up all of these faults with robe when he was bringing you to regionals year after year and winning numerous conf. championships. i love to see all of the "experts" on here who played Pony baseball when they were 12 or was an all star t ball player in the 2nd grade try an give their wise words on how they would win games if they were in charge. well instead of hating on robe and the coaches, talking about will longs errors, or how horrible the pitching is, just realize that you dont have the slightest clue about how hard all of these guys practice play and prepare every single day. next weekend we can give you a uni, glove, and cleats and let you win games with your expert knowledge and athletics skillsha!

Tony Robichaux is a great man, mentor, and coach. Hes the main reason yall have come to expect greatness. _

Quote Originally Posted by cajun2bag View Post
    _ Would you mind naming some players that Szefc brought in that either hit the ball a mile or strikeout. Fact of the matter is look at the numbers from the teams that we had when SZEFC came in. a la 2005, 2006, 2007??? Did we forget about those years? I think Szefc is a great offensive recruiter just didn't do to well with Pitchersoffense was never a problem for Szefc. You people don't know what you are talking about! _
    The point is Szefc recruited players that were not a fit for this program. Some of our offensive numbers were up, but I remember going through the stats and seeing that our strikeouts and men left on base went up significantly. There are only 2 or 3 guys on the team right now that can consistently get a bunt down or hit and run. Our defense was horrible and is only slightly better now. I don't want to pick on hawkins right now, but you don't bring in a guy that can't play anywhere in the field. He is a liability at 1b. There are guys out there that can hit AND play defense.

As for offense not being a problem. What about when we would get men on first and second, nobody out and we can't get a bunt down. We either pop up or strikeout and the next guy grounds into a double play. Or when we got a guy to third with less than two outs and can't get him in because of 2 or even 3 strikeouts. Sure we hit doubles and solo homeruns with no one on, but no one did their job with runners on.

I guess the true game of baseball is dead though. Let's go out there and see if we can out hit everyone. See how far that takes you.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunbaseball1 View Post
    _ Good person.yes.
    Phenomenal coach.VERY debatable. _
    Greatest coach UL has ever had, he's not even 5th at the highest.

Beryl Shiply
    Bobby Pascal
    Yevette Guirad
    The Lotief's
    Charlie Lancon

had J Kelly Hall stay here he would be behind him too.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Greatest coach UL has ever had, he's not even 5th at the highest.

Beryl Shiply
    Bobby Pascal
    Yevette Guirad
    The Lotief's
    Charlie Lancon

had J Kelly Hall stay here he would be behind him too. _
    Apples to oranges. I can't say much about shipley and pascal. Softball teams can be great with one pitcher. Track and field is either you have the athletes or you don't. Not saying any of these aren't good coaches, but baseball is a very unique sport where you can only compare them to other baseball coaches.

UL Baseball Re: Coach Robe

Quote Originally Posted by Ballfan View Post
    _ After seeing Robe pinch hit Masch for Hawkins in todays game I cannot keep my mouth shut any longer--I don't care if Hawk is 0 for April you don't pinch hit for him--Robe is way too short sighted to be considered a good D-1 manager--I have often said that if the rules would allow it Robe would change the batting order DURING a game based on everyone's previous at-bat--Baseball is a game with alot of failure-you need alot of reps to get into a rythym--eventually everything will even out-If you manage your players the way he manages, alot of players will play tense and will be looking over their shoulders fearful of going 0-9 in a series and being benched--With Robe being a former pitcher,I honestly do not think he understands how difficult other aspects of the game are--There is a reason why you can count on ONE hand the number of manager's (that were former pitcher's) that have EVER been successful in the big leagues--As a matter of fact,in the history of baseball, it is rare for former pitchers to even get manager jobs--The reason: They do not know the game--They are only on the field every 5th day--On another note,I think Robe has sucked the life out of this team because of his actions following the SE Louisiana game this week--Robe's grade the last two years: C- --The previous 8 years he did not interfere with the team that much--He had the horses--I think a mediocre mgr. hurts a mediocre team more than he hurts a good team _
    Listen to yourself, you sound like a fan from the school down the road. I am disappointed also, but you are not going to find a better person for the job for our university than Coach Robe. Just don't go to baseball if you can't hang with us WHO do care. That sounds harsh, but enough of this " The Sky is fallin crap". We can't be a big time player without big time facilities and money. THE Universities that have big time programs aren't strapped like this ignorant LA. Laws. Limiting what the Universities can do when running their academics and athletic programs. Since our CWS appearance I am seeing more BCS and Mid Major conferences spend more money on baseball than before 2000. It is my opinion that once our new stadium is finished, our recruiting will get better. WHy our hitting is slumping and our pithcing is faultering all at once is beyond me. UP and DOWN, the season has gone, we still have a month and a half left. Lets don't start jumping off the bridge now.

GEAUX CAJUNS

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    _ Since some of you want so bad for one of us "robe homers" to say something negative, here you go. The mistake robe mad was hiring scefz. We were a mid major program that prided ourselves on pitching, defense, and manufacturing runs. We will not make the cws year in and year out because we are a mid major with lacking facilities and all around financial support. The reason we made it in 2000 was those guys that could pitch, play defense and manufacture runs could also hit for power. It all came together that season and we made a run. Look at the stats after the rules for the bat changed. Teams that make it to the cws have pitching and defense. If you want to watch a homerun derby, go find a slowpitch softball game. We need to get back to playing baseball. Scefz sacrificed baseball players for "power hitters" who either hit the ball a mile or strike out. That is not baseball. Get back to what was working before and we'll start winning again.

For the guy that questioned tony's knowledge for the game, please enlighten us with some more examples. I am dying to see you make a fool out of yourself. _

So if Bustle were a better person or more liked he could get a pass too?

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    _ Listen to yourself, you sound like a fan from the school down the road. I am disappointed also, but you are not going to find a better person for the job for our university than Coach Robe. Just don't go to baseball if you can't hang with us WHO do care. That sounds harsh, but enough of this " The Sky is fallin crap". We can't be a big time player without big time facilities and money. THE Universities that have big time programs aren't strapped like this ignorant LA. Laws. Limiting what the Universities can do when running their academics and athletic programs. Since our CWS appearance I am seeing more BCS and Mid Major conferences spend more money on baseball than before 2000. It is my opinion that once our new stadium is finished, our recruiting will get better. WHy our hitting is slumping and our pithcing is faultering all at once is beyond me. UP and DOWN, the season has gone, we still have a month and a half left. Lets don't start jumping off the bridge now.

GEAUX CAJUNS _
    You cant make me believe that having a 5,10,or 15 million dollar facility will help us pitch better, or field ground balls better, or stop taking strike three. I believe that winning is what would get kids in here and want to play for a program that is consistantly in the post-season. Our facility is not a complete dump. it is good enough to get quality kids in here that can compete at a high level everyday.

Examples: 1.For three years thinking Will Long was a shortstop-- He is an outfielder--
    2.LSU game--we have a man on second with 0 outs and our 4 hitter is up who happens to be 6' 2" 220lbs and a lefthanded hitter(Smith)--Robe has him bunting!! Anybody else would let him hit away and since he is a lefthander the worst case scenario would be that he rolled over one to the 2b which would move the runner over anyway
    3.This year he still has no idea how to use our two best arms(Robe & Osborne)-He starts them and when they have a bad outing he moves them to the pen-Then when our starters are struggling he moves them back to being starters-Sound familiar--He did the same thing with our best arm last year: Farqhuar-- Pitchers need to have a normal routine to know how to properly rest their arms
    4.Robe is all about "manning up" and playing with a chip on your shoulder-I REALLY THINK HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A LINEBACKER COACH because baseball is not played that way-It would be different if at every game once the first pitch was thrown that both benches would empty--I am all for playing with alot of intensity but in Robe's mind if you don't play well you are not "manning up" and he will bury you on the bench--It is inexcusable for the way he has handled M.Cook this year

Well mike cook needs to learn how to get people out and miss the bats of the oposition. If he can do that consistantly, he wouldnt be in the situation he is in. Robe doesnt throw the ball, catch the ball, or hit the ball. It is obvious you are ____ed at robe for one reason or another. Sit back and take the whole picture in. Until tony goes out there and he himself gives up a home run, or strikes out, I dont care to listen to all the BS anymore

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ Well mike cook needs to learn how to get people out and miss the bats of the oposition. If he can do that consistantly, he wouldnt be in the situation he is in. Robe doesnt throw the ball, catch the ball, or hit the ball. It is obvious you are ____ed at robe for one reason or another. Sit back and take the whole picture in. Until tony goes out there and he himself gives up a home run, or strikes out, I dont care to listen to all the BS anymore _
    Maybe Mike can use more personal attention? If this was Robert Lee we would be blaming him for not making players better but Robe gets a pass on this? Once again I am not saying fire Robe but should Robe get a pass just because he is Robe?

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ Well mike cook needs to learn how to get people out and miss the bats of the oposition. If he can do that consistantly, he wouldnt be in the situation he is in. Robe doesnt throw the ball, catch the ball, or hit the ball. It is obvious you are ____ed at robe for one reason or another. Sit back and take the whole picture in. Until tony goes out there and he himself gives up a home run, or strikes out, I dont care to listen to all the BS anymore _
    I am not one wanting or calling fror Coach Robe's head, but this is weird. Isn't the coach of ANY team the one that PREPARES them to. get people out?. keep from giving up a home run?. keep from striking out?

Isn't there a connection there?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information