Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3+ year honeymoon.

Default 3+ year honeymoon.

I'm single, so I'm asking is a honeymoon that lasts more than 3 years a rare thing?

Default Re: 3+ year honeymoon.

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    I'm single, so I'm asking is a honeymoon that lasts more than 3 years a rare thing?
    Yes.

Hud's ended Saturday night.

Are you suggesting that Hud's honeymoon is over?

It's not exactly like Hud has been on a honey moon. He has arguably accomplished more in three years than the rest of our football history. He had a terrible game. Let's see if they turn it around.

Well said, and factual, three years ago, no one would have cared. We owe him for bring us to this level, Let's see if they can rebound, and at least make a good effort, and play to the best of th eir ability

Sh_t happens. Everyone has to push forward.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    It's not exactly like Hud has been on a honey moon. He has arguably accomplished more in three years than the rest of our football history. He had a terrible game. Let's see if they turn it around.
    When looking at this in a 3 year stint, the only reason it appears he is accomplishing more in the 3 years than the rest of the football history is the existence of the SBC and the NOLA Bowl.

When looking at victories per 11 games and quality wins per year, Nelson did what Hud did twice before, with Brian and Jake, with much, much tougher schedules. Also, for the 3 years Nelson had a conference, we had 2 co-championships compared to the 1 for Hud.

And Nelson did all of that without the RCAF.

I was reading a post someone posted a few days ago from Nov. 2010, Bustle's last year. Hoping that our adm. would bring a guy that could take us to a higher level. I don't think there is any doubt that Coach Hudspeth brought us out of the dark ages of football beyond what anyone could have thought possible 5 seasons ago. He is, IMHO, the best thing that has ever happened to this Louisiana University in 40+ years. I must admit, I've been spoiled the last 3 seasons, and like many expected near perfection this year. It may not happen, but I still think coach Hud has a lot more in store for this team. I think after his 6 year contract, we'll be naming the stadium after him. In HUD I STILL trust!! Thank you coach for everything you've done!! We're indebted to you.

10 games leftlets see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    10 games leftlets see what happens
    I agree.

I'm just saying the feel good "honeymoon" phase is over for me. Hudspeth and our program just got pantsed.

Obviously they don't. Or preneptual agreements would be good for more time. the fact that Hud had a three year honeymoon shows he did a good job, But when you make seven figures a year, you shouldn't be on honeymoon. He feels the heat. And if he doesn't, he should. Any time the money goes the Hud level, the heat goes way up & rightfully so.

I still think we are in good hands with Hud and fully expect him to right the ship. However, he is the highest paid Head Football Coach in Louisiana, other than Les. Therefore, I think we should hold him accountable for his $1,000,000.00 salary and his teams performance should reflect his pay. I'm Sorry, but Hud did not justify his salary this past Saturday night! We could have gotten that kind or performance from the toothpick!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    When looking at this in a 3 year stint, the only reason it appears he is accomplishing more in the 3 years than the rest of the football history is the existence of the SBC and the NOLA Bowl.

When looking at victories per 11 games and quality wins per year, Nelson did what Hud did twice before, with Brian and Jake, with much, much tougher schedules. Also, for the 3 years Nelson had a conference, we had 2 co-championships compared to the 1 for Hud.

And Nelson did all of that without the RCAF.
    And all while being handcuffed by Z's favorite bud. Those who haven't followed this program as long as we have, don't realize how much Nelson Stokley did with so little.

Would going Independent help? We could piece together a tougher schedule than the belt, but we would not have a bowl tie in to fall back on. Im OK with that.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajuneer View Post
    Would going Independent help? We could piece together a tougher schedule than the belt, but we would not have a bowl tie in to fall back on. Im OK with that.
    I'm convinced it would work, but only if we have a reasonable shot at a Bowl. There is no reason a Bowl couldn't be able to contract with individual schools if those schools have no conference affiliation.

Case in point, BYU:
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/.nco-mendenhall

Don't you think the NOLA Bowl would love to contract with us?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information