Thread: Tailgating problems

Default Tailgating problems

When will the university finally put out a policy that everyone follows? My brother started coming tailgate and we don't have a spot. I sent an e-mail to the tailgate e-mail and they advised that we can cook (even with a pit) as long as we aren't in anyone's way. So last week, we tailgate with no problems. Then this week, my brother is the only person within 50 yards of where we park cooking bacon on a small Coleman stove when a sheriffs deputy tells him that he has to cook on the other side of the fence on the sidewalk. It's very frustrating when we get new people to the games, the university says one thing, then security shows up saying the complete opposite. Now the new people showing up don't want to return.

/EndRant

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Tailgating problems

Yeah the security is always "out of the loop" it seems. You would think there would be a morning meeting with security officials who can then brief the lower security.or they have this and its in one ear and out the other.
    Only have one tg4 tag for unloading is a major pain also since our spot has 4 cars with gear. We have to park in rcaf lot then walk it cause old man river won't let the other cars in to unload

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I'm not saying gimmie unlimited tags but two would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    Yeah the security is always "out of the loop" it seems. You would think there would be a morning meeting with security officials who can then brief the lower security.or they have this and its in one ear and out the other.
    Only have one tg4 tag for unloading is a major pain also since our spot has 4 cars with gear. We have to park in rcaf lot then walk it cause old man river won't let the other cars in to unload
    There is a morning briefing between the Lafayette City Marshals and the Sheriffs Deputies on game day. We tailgate next to the gate across from Agave and have a pretty good relationship with the city marshals that work the gate. The problem I find is that having a staffing agency provide the security tends to lead to a high turnover rate in the security personnel. If we could get a steady security staff week after week then some of these problems might go away. If you have to retrain 50 new parking people every game there is no way you will get everything straight.

Of course now my brother is being sarcastic. He set up a table on the sidewalk and is cooking there. That dude won't go hungry.

Thread Information