Posted via Mobile Device

Default Re: UL vs USA game 2

3-1 USA bot 3
    igeaux.mobi

3-1 USA top 4 UL has runner at 2nd with 1 out
    igeaux.mobi

Cuevas came in to relieve Bourgeois and has pitched 3 innings and had 8 K's while only giving up 1 hit. Why haven't the Lotief's used Cuevas more this season. Bourgeois has seemed to struggle at times here lately. I don't understand why she started both games today. Is Brignac hurting?

I would have at least used Cuevas in the mid-week games against inferior competition and used her some on the weekends before Brignac returned earlier this season.

My live stat tracker has frozen but there are 2 out and no one on with the cajuns losing 3-1.

We can now forget hosting a regional unless we sweep the rest of the the season and then we will still be on the bubble. It is looking like we will be a 2 seed in Baton Rouge again this season. If lose too many more we could drop to a 3 seed. At least we know we can win in Baton Rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ Cuevas came in to relieve Bourgeois and has pitched 3 innings and had 8 K's while only giving up 1 hit. Why haven't the Lotief's used Cuevas more this season. Bourgeois has seemed to struggle at times here lately. I don't understand why she started both games today. Is Brignac hurting?

I would have at least used Cuevas in the mid-week games against inferior competition and used her some on the weekends before Brignac returned earlier this season.

My live stat tracker has frozen but there are 2 out and no one on with the cajuns losing 3-1.

We can now forget hosting a regional unless we sweep the rest of the the season and then we will still be on the bubble. It is looking like we will be a 2 seed in Baton Rouge again this season. If lose too many more we could drop to a 3 seed. At least we know we can win in Baton Rouge. _
    We were never going to host a regional. Our RPI is not near good enough and LSU's is better if im correct.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ We were never going to host a regional. Our RPI is not near good enough and LSU's is better if im correct. _
    Before today's game if you looked on the NCAA website UL's RPI was #17. There are 16 regional sites.

Louisiana Campus Re: UL vs USA game 2

_ Cuevas came in to relieve Bourgeois and has pitched 3 innings and had 8 K's while only giving up 1 hit. Why haven't the Lotief's used Cuevas more this season. Bourgeois has seemed to struggle at times here lately. I don't understand why she started both games today. Is Brignac hurting?

We can now forget hosting a regional unless we sweep the rest of the the season and then we will still be on the bubble. It is looking like we will be a 2 seed in Baton Rouge again this season. If lose too many more we could drop to a 3 seed. At least we know we can win in Baton Rouge. _
    It seems like they had lost confidence in Cuevas. I don't get it, either. Bourgeois has been great, but Cuevas is a very good pitcher who performs great when given the chance. Hopefully, 8 strikeouts in 3 innings will restore the Lotief's faith. As for Brignac, does anyone know if she's hurt? If not, this doesn't make any sense. Her E.R.A. is 0.22.

Quote Originally Posted by OLF82 View Post
    _ It seems like they had lost confidence in Cuevas. I don't get it, either. Bourgeois has been great, but Cuevas is a very good pitcher who performs great when given the chance. Hopefully, 8 strikeouts in 3 innings will restore the Lotief's faith. As for Brignac, does anyone know if she's hurt? If not, this doesn't make any sense. Her E.R.A. is 0.22. _
    Because a lot of times that Cuevas pitches she is either very good or average, and more times than not it has been average. I wouldnt mind her going against midweek teams but we'll see.

Brignac is getting saved for the post season. Bourgeois will continue to get the majority of starts until then.

So are you saying Brignac won't pitch this weekend?

_ So are you saying Brignac won't pitch this weekend? _
    No, but she will probably only get 1 start to Bourgeois' 2. The coaches have said this all year. They want her to be really fresh for the regionals

_ No, but she will probably only get 1 start to Bourgeois' 2. The coaches have said this all year. They want her to be really fresh for the regionals _
    I think I would have pitcher Brignac in game 2 and then Bourgeois the next day in game 3. Back to back games is tough when it seems she may be hitting a little wall.

Louisiana Campus Re: UL vs USA game 2

_ Because a lot of times that Cuevas pitches she is either very good or average, and more times than not it has been average. I wouldnt mind her going against midweek teams but we'll see.

Brignac is getting saved for the post season. Bourgeois will continue to get the majority of starts until then. _
    I remember Cuevas being pretty good when given a chance, which has been seldom. At the very least, I really don't understand her not pitching at all against McNeese. Bourgeois, when over-used, has been below average. As for saving Brignac, unless the Lotief's are cautious about a possible re-injury, it's time to re-assess. She is over-powering and Bourgeois is excellent when given proper rest. Keep her fresh for post season, also.

Quote Originally Posted by OLF82 View Post
    _ I remember Cuevas being pretty good when given a chance, which has been seldom. At the very least, I really don't understand her not pitching at all against McNeese. Bourgeois, when over-used, has been below average. As for saving Brignac, unless the Lotief's are cautious about a possible re-injury, it's time to re-assess. She's is over-powering and Bourgeois is excellent when given proper rest. Keep her fresh for post season, also. _
    I agree.

_ I think I would have pitcher Brignac in game 2 and then Bourgeois the next day in game 3. Back to back games is tough when it seems she may be hitting a little wall. _

I might be wrong... but when a team can't score more than 1 run per game, PITCHING ain't the problem.

What is Donna (or Ashley for that matter) suppose to do? Hold them to ZERO so that our "1" run will win it?

Well Cuevas just doesnt consistently have the stuff that the other 2 do. She is not at the same level. Nevermind the fact that she doesnt ever play through any sort of minor injury as seen through every year here. At this point, she needs to pitch her a** off every opportunity to show the Lotiefs that she deserves it.

I understand the Bourgeois getting overused, but this is softball. Pitchers always get "overused." We have more issues with errors than anything. Maybe we should do more fielding practice than just shagging balls before games.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information