Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: Craft Beer ? For Cajuns

Default Re: Craft Beer ? For Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    Good point, but I guess I don't go when they have on those colors.
    Then by all means avoid Dons.it is ALWAYS awash with them. See for yourself, then please spread the wordthat issue won't change until more people speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_RH View Post
    Just for clarification. Don's country mart does not exist any more. Don's Specialty Meats is where you need to be. Take the Hwy 182 exit off of I-49, take a left under the overpass and the first right onto the service road. Go down about a mile till you pass under another over pass and Don's is on the left. Definitely worth stopping.
    Thank youhave been there a few times.

BlueDawg, go stop by the Bayou Teche taproom in Arnaudville. Great beer on tap, and even better people running the joint. I went a little over a month ago, and they have their standards (Biere Pale, Acadie, Passionne, Biere Noir, & Cocodrie) as well as seasonal brews like Miel Sauvage, Biere Joi, and some of the experimental beers that haven't been released.

http://bayoutechebrewing.com/

The Parish one is nice. You can also swing by the following restaurants and bars for great brew:

- Social (Johnston St)
    - Tap Room (River Ranch)
    - Jefferson St Pub (Downtown, the real young crowd rolls in after 10:30 fyi)
    - Greenroom (Downtown)

Hope this helps you out, and Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    Billy's has been in Opelousas for years on 190. Used to be called Ray's and Billy's.
    Isn't it technically in port barre?

Quote Originally Posted by kelbow7 View Post
    BlueDawg, go stop by the Bayou Teche taproom in Arnaudville. Great beer on tap, and even better people running the joint. I went a little over a month ago, and they have their standards (Biere Pale, Acadie, Passionne, Biere Noir, & Cocodrie) as well as seasonal brews like Miel Sauvage, Biere Joi, and some of the experimental beers that haven't been released.

The Parish one is nice. You can also swing by the following restaurants and bars for great brew:

- Social (Johnston St)
    - Tap Room (River Ranch)
    - Greenroom (Downtown)

Greatly Appreciate the recommendation. Arnauville will be a little quicker than going to Broussard on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Greatly Appreciate the recommendation. Arnauville will be a little quicker than going to Broussard on Saturday.
    The Broussard brewery is 15 minutes from the field tops, not even 10 minutes from airport if you know where that is, straight down 90

Looking forward to making the game. I'm a huge craft beer nut & will try to squeeze-in a visit to one of your local breweries. I prefer Parish beer in general but enjoy LA's seasonals. Which one has the better tasting room/experience? Thx in advance.

Also, heard recently that S'Port's flagship brewery "Great Raft" will be expanding into South La soon. Excellent beer & if you happen to be rolling through the Port City, it's definitely worth your time.
    If you are going to the actual brewery, basically the only one you could or should go to is Parish Brewery in Broussard. Great beers and way more to try than you've seen on the shelves. I may even have a keg of it out there tomorrow!

- Social (Johnston St)
    - Tap Room (River Ranch)
    - Greenroom (Downtown)

You missed the best one which would be Corner Bar One of best beer selections in cold pints minutes from the stadium

Billy's! Any better places?
    Hebert's at the Hil-Win Texaco right off the Judson Walsh exit in Opelousas. They have several other locations. Big UL supporters as well. It is always packed with travelers on I-49 getting their boudin and cracklins to take home.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Hebert's at the Hil-Win Texaco right off the Judson Walsh exit in Opelousas. They have several other locations. Big UL supporters as well. It is always packed with travelers on I-49 getting their boudin and cracklins to take home.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    You missed the best one which would be Corner Bar One of best beer selections in cold pints minutes from the stadium
    Yea, Corner Bar is nice. It's pretty much the same stuff on tap (no rotation). Plus, I like hoppier stuff, and they typically only have one or two IPA's. To each his own. Hooray beer!!

Yea, Corner Bar is nice. It's pretty much the same stuff on tap (no rotation). Plus, I like hoppier stuff, and they typically only have one or two IPA's. To each his own. Hooray beer!!
    Hooray for beer indeed!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information