Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Craft Beer ? For Cajuns

Default Re: Craft Beer ? For Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Maybe it has to do with the operator of the facility. I just remember there was a reason that beer was sold at the Cajundome for a long time, but not at the Tigue or Cajun Field.
    Yes, because the Cajundome is operated by the city they do not have the same requirements that the other venues have to serve beer. If you notice you do not have to get a wristband for beer at the Cajundome but you do at the other locations. Now I could be wrong about the Cajundome being on campus, but I know the university owns the Cajundome. I cannot remember when it was first purposed if the city had the land and the university had the money or if it was all university land. I know the city could not get the bond issue passed, but the university could.
    Last edited by MelRock; September 4th, 2014 at 10:51 am. Reason: I can't spell and SUCKIT HOAX

Oui monsieuralmost time for dessert

This map would indicate that the Cajundome is on campus.

http://www.louisiana.edu/sites/louis.mmonsMap_0.pdf

I am not trying to argue with anyone and I fully admit I could be wrong. A lot has happened over the last 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Oui monsieuralmost time for dessert
    Ha' I'm jealousI usually try to make a good brew a part of my Friday lunch routine 😁

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Yes, because the Cajundome is operated by the city they do not have the same requirements that the other venues have to serve beer. If you notice you do not have to get a wristband for beer at the Cajundome but you do at the other locations. Now I could be wrong about the Cajundome being on campus, but I know the university owns the Cajundome. I cannot remember when it was first purposed if the city had the land and the university had the money or if it was all university land. I know the city could not get the bond issue passed by the university could.
    If I'm not mistaken, the University owned the land and also owns the completed facility. The state provided the money for construction, and the city operates the facility under the Cajundome Commission which also is responsible for maintenance and upkeep. The own

6. Default Re: Craft Beer ? For Cajuns

Cajun Dome and property are owned by UL.

AlthoughI haven't look lately, the about page on the Cajundome website says so.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    You are correct. It is either the schools decision or the conference they play in.
    Who wants to be in a conference that does not allow beer sales?

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    Who wants to be in a conference that does not allow beer sales?
    Me!!!!!
    I'd love to be in the SEC.

.and I have a flask.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    .and I have a flask.
    Flask? Last LSU game I went to somebody smuggled in a fifth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Colony View Post
    Bayou Teche Acadie & Parish Canebreak are on tap at the stadium.
    Where?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Where?
    On veranda by section A

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_RH View Post
    Flask? Last LSU game I went to somebody smuggled in a fifth.
    Damn. I need to step up my game.

I'm not sure if that's on the agenda to allow beer sales at Our Joe in the near future but its definitely a lot more lax than it used to be. We regularly have kegs @ out tailgate &believe it or not, I saw a guy walking in the stands with a can of coors light & no one hassled himI know SHOCKER, right?!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    I'm not sure if that's on the agenda to allow beer sales at Our Joe in the near future but its definitely a lot more lax than it used to be. We regularly have kegs @ out tailgate &believe it or not, I saw a guy walking in the stands with a can of coors light & no one hassled himI know SHOCKER, right?!
    I think they were just happy someone came to the game.you set yourself up for that one.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information