Finally the NFL season is here!!!!

Sorry CajunHawk

Packers 26-23

Go Pack Go!

Who ya got?

2. Default Re: OT: Packers Vs Seahawks

Seattle in a close one

Default Re: OT: Packers Vs Seahawks

That Seattle home field advantage a _____. Am I right saints fans??

I'm confident. This team has given me no reason to doubt them.

Hawk.I'm looking forward to this game. I think Mike McCarthy's game plan will be interesting to watch and if successful, could become the blueprint for teams playing your beloved Seahawks.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Hawk.I'm looking forward to this game. I think Mike McCarthy's game plan will be interesting to watch and if successful, could become the blueprint for teams playing your beloved Seahawks.
    The Broncos had a game plan, the Saints had a game plan, the 49ers had a game plan. Everyone had a game plan.each team needed a new game plan afterwards. I predict the same. The problem with "game planning" the Seahawks defense is.it's a super simple defense. If you try to out think it.you end up looking like Peyton Manning during the Super Bowl.

Seahawks are still the only team in NFL history to throw a game winning interception

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    The Broncos had a game plan, the Saints had a game plan, the 49ers had a game plan. Everyone had a game plan.each team needed a new game plan afterwards. I predict the same. The problem with "game planning" the Seahawks defense is.it's a super simple defense. If you try to out think it.you end up looking like Peyton Manning during the Super Bowl.
    So Hawk,
    What made you a Seahawks fan? Please keep it under 1 page.

The Seahawks lost a lot of depth on the defensive line. I am not saying they will not be an elite defense, but they will have to change their scheme a little bit to account for linemen playing more snaps per game than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    The Seahawks lost a lot of depth on the defensive line. I am not saying they will not be an elite defense, but they will have to change their scheme a little bit to account for linemen playing more snaps per game than last year.
    Correct! That's why the Packers have worked on speeding up their play calling. Not sure if it will be on the level of Chip Kelly's offense, but probably close. Looking forward to seeing this game.

The biggest affect on the Seahawks defense this year may be if they continue to enforce the illegal contact after five yards. They were by far the most physical defensive backfield in the NFL the last couple of years. They were willing to accept a few penalties early in the game if they were able to continue doing it all game. They were able to keep receivers from getting separation. I think the thought that a number of teams were going to start coaching defensive backs to do the same thing is what forced the NFL to reemphasize the no contact rule and caused the 450% increase illegal contact penalties during the preseason. What will be interesting to watch is if it continues into the regular season. They say it will, but I'm curious to see if it actually happens.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    So Hawk,
    What made you a Seahawks fan? Please keep it under 1 page.
    Kindergarten.that's when I took an interest in football. I was on the same path everyone in Lafayette is on becoming a Saint's fan. I was a big Bobby Hebert fan. Because he was."one of us". Not because of his name but how he talked. I still have a soft spot for him. It was the morning I was getting tested for the gifted program, which I failed on purpose because I didn't want to go to a different school (was at JW Faulk for kindergarten). My mom used to give me a quarter to get a pencil from the Librarian. I had my eyes on a Bobby Hebert pencil that I had failed to procure the past two go rounds. I got there late that morning and I went straight to the library with my quarter in hand. Librarian opened the box and of course.no Bobby Hebert pencils. Two pencils caught my eye.a Boomer Esiason one and a Steve Largent pencil. I dunno what drew me to the Largent one, maybe it was the color scheme. That's where I basically became a Seahawks fan. A simple missed opportunity. If they had Bobby Hebert pencils, I would be with most of you.

As a joke last year around the playoffs the company that manages the building for the company I work for actually found the Bobby Hebert pencil for me.I have it in my desk. Too little too late. Go Seahawks.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    The biggest affect on the Seahawks defense this year may be if they continue to enforce the illegal contact after five yards. They were by far the most physical defensive backfield in the NFL the last couple of years. They were willing to accept a few penalties early in the game if they were able to continue doing it all game. They were able to keep receivers from getting separation. I think the thought that a number of teams were going to start coaching defensive backs to do the same thing is what forced the NFL to reemphasize the no contact rule and caused the 450% increase illegal contact penalties during the preseason. What will be interesting to watch is if it continues into the regular season. They say it will, but I'm curious to see if it actually happens.
    During the preseason they were the least penalized by the illegal contact penalty.and they still dominated.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    All the Packers will have is really fast three and outs. After a half of that their defensive coordinator might ask them to slow down a bit.

15. Default Re: OT: Packers Vs Seahawks

I knew it was Largent. Can't fault you there. Stud he was.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information