Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Massey rankings

1. Default Massey rankings

Well after a week we rank #20 of the G-5s at #83-----Thought we might have started a little higher, but we have some old friends ahead and some deservingly ahead!!!

Default Re: Massey rankings

Week 3 will decide our aptitude in these polls. If we beat Ole Miss, we'll be in the Top 25 in the "real" ones.

Small sample size

Tech is 4-11 in their last 15 games. Losses include a number of very bad losing teams. Those 4 wins include one FCS (Lamar) and 3 teams that if they didn't play against each other would have finished with 1 win (UTEP, USM, FIU). & that one OOC win was a last second FCS victory (UTEP over Stony Brook).

For UL this would be a very very very bad loss It truly is a must win.

5. Default Re: Massey rankings

Its a must win for many other reasons Poli

I'm a huge fan of computer rankings but they're completely useless until week 4 or 5.

FWIW The Massey Composite Rankings (which basically averages all the computer rankings) has us at 62. LOLTech is at 113.

7. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Massey rankings

I prefer the sniff & eyeball test to see where you are vs all others. Unlike computers you get a very quick accurate evaluation if you can remove your emotion good or bad.

8. Default massey rankings

LTUR 51---Ga Southern 57 and UL 68!!! But we are moving up--Ole Miss and Boise way up there!!!

9. Default Massey rankings

Remember that 128 is as low as there is---Troy 128---Ga St 127---N Mex St 123---IDA 122

Monroe 108---Tex St 101!!!---We have Monroe, Troy, and N Mex st left

also USA and damn Appy St is 115---We can do this---I certainly hope so!!!

Where are we?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Remember that 128 is as low as there is---Troy 128---Ga St 127---N Mex St 123---IDA 122

What a pathetic conference.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    What a pathetic conference.

Z
    It's a comfortable place to be, Z.

Thanks, Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

Boy, that's uh, er, hummm, ugh. I cannot find words to describe this except I am thankful our leadership is getting our infrastructure in order, our teams are competing, and RCAF is doing their thing so when the NCAA conference bubble burst happens again in the next year or so and a new conference is formed, our bags will be packed metaphorically speaking.

That bunch of teams make me think of the poster children used by large non profit research groups to raise money.

14. Default Re: Massey rankings

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Boy, that's uh, er, hummm, ugh. I cannot find words to describe this except I am thankful our leadership is getting our infrastructure in order, our teams are competing, and RCAF is doing their thing so when the NCAA conference bubble burst happens again in the next year or so and a new conference is formed, our bags will be packed metaphorically speaking.

That bunch of teams make me think of the poster children used by large non profit research groups to raise money.
    -------UL is in at # 73!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

Too bad our leadership wasn't doing that prior to the last two bubble bursts that saw LoTech, the twin Florida stepchildren and the Goathumpers get in ahead of us.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information