Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Massey rankings

Default Re: Massey rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Too bad our leadership wasn't doing that prior to the last two bubble bursts that saw LoTech, the twin Florida stepchildren and the Goathumpers get in ahead of us.
    The only school that we had a shot to get into CUSA before they did was Tech. And, that ship sailed the moment we pulled the plug on the football program in the late 90's. The price for that unforgiveable sin by the admin. was Tech's admission into CUSA.

Every other school CUSA added had everything to do with market and TV contracts.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Massey rankings

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    The only school that we had a shot to get into CUSA before they did was Tech. And, that ship sailed the moment we pulled the plug on the football program in the late 90's. The price for that unforgiveable sin by the admin. was Tech's admission into CUSA.

Every other school CUSA added had everything to do with market and TV contracts.
    You are 2 decades late.

It was still a shot and yet our admin didn't even make the effort.

Default Re: massey rankings

Wonder if HUD will just whip out his Massey rating and show it to jones.that is sure to make south al forfeit the game.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I'm convinced that there will be one more round of realignment before we enter into a period of stability for the next 20-30 years. That next round will get started by Big 12 expansion. The trickle down effect will cause defections in the AAC, as well as CUSA. That will be our last shot. I think the chances of UL being the next addition to CUSA are 90% or better. It'll come down to how many members CUSA loses. If CUSA loses just one, I think we're in. If CUSA loses two, they may opt to stay at 12. Both Georgia State and Georgia Southern worry me a little since CUSA currently has no member from Georgia, but the timing is right for us this time.

Pitiful conference.please let us find a way into CUSA!

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    I'm convinced that there will be one more round of realignment before we enter into a period of stability for the next 20-30 years. That next round will get started by Big 12 expansion. The trickle down effect will cause defections in the AAC, as well as CUSA. That will be our last shot. I think the chances of UL being the next addition to CUSA are 90% or better. It'll come down to how many members CUSA loses. If CUSA loses just one, I think we're in. If CUSA loses two, they may opt to stay at 12. Both Georgia State and Georgia Southern worry me a little since CUSA currently has no member from Georgia, but the timing is right for us this time.
    Or they could add Louisiana and Ark State.

What about if the AAC loses a couple of teams to the Big 12, for example, where are they getting replacements? CUSA and/or SBC. Do we have a shot? Are we doing our due diligence NOW for admittance to CUSA or AAC if another realignment happens? Or, are we just assuming we are next in line because of our 3 straight bowl wins?

Just for the sake of discussion, let's say the Big 12 takes Houston and Cincy, both out of the west in AAC. Marshall would appear to be a lock in the east, but they need west replacements. Perhaps Rice to replace Houston because of the Houston market. Then who? UTSA? They have SMU in Dallas and have Tulane in Louisiana. Would we have a shot at the AAC and would the Tulane administration support or block us? Who else would be attractive to the AAC? If they take 2 teams from CUSA, that should create openings in CUSA. Will UTEP then stay in CUSA or go back to the MWC along with BYU? None of this is a given for us, so we had better be ready and had better be doing things now to build relationships for admittance. And, I don't mean just sending our brochures like we did in the past. Is Chuck Neinas still actively engaged on our behalf?

CUSA members are:

UTSA, Rice, LA Tech, N. Texas, USM, UTEP
    Marshall, WKU, MT, ODU, FAU, FIU, UAB

The AAC members are:

Houston, Tulsa, SMU, Tulane, Cincy, Memphis
    E. Carolina, UCF, USF, UConn, Temple with Navy set to join next year

The one thing that scares me about CUSA is they have proven in the past that athletic success has nothing to do with their expansion. Except for Neck it has been about markets ie N. Tx. FAU, FIU, UTSA, UNC-C, ODU. I think Ga and TX st's for that reason would be first in the pecking order.

Which means we will be stuck in a conference with the current belt and a couple more 1AA move ups.

Thanks to all those who have been asleep at the wheel for decades and allowed a school in po dunk ruston to blow by us.

What people have to understand from here on out is realignment will be based off of public perception. The Big 12 will not be picking up scraps from G-5 conferences. They have a history of choosing well-rounded programs with solid academics and rich histories. They also like to keep travel within respect, so no outlier schools. Cincy would only be an option for recruiting purposes in Ohio, because they are an outlier. Houston wouldn't be a bad decision, but their academics aren't the greatest and it's also ANOTHER TX school added. Just don't see them adding another one.

I think that when they expand, they'll absolutely invite BYU. Fits all the molds. My second choice would be SDSU. Not totally positive about academics, but athletics fit the mold and facilities are there. Plus having San Diego as a destination is very appetizing.

We are a hot commodity right now. I feel another winning season/bowl victory and another great year of basket/baseball, softball, and hopefully an upswinging year of WBB, we will be a hot ticket once realignment hits again. I foresee us going AAC. It fits perfectly with everything.

If CUSA benefits financially by adding market, they will add market, like before.

If they benefit financially by adding regional and reducing costs, they will add Louisiana and Arkansas State.

If it's a wash, they will do nothing.

Follow the money.

12. Default The New MASSEY

OLE MISS 4---BOISE 28---LTUR 42---GA SOUTH 54---UL 61----NEVER AS GOOD OR AS BAD AS YOU THINK!!! WELL WE ARE NOW IN THE TOP HALF OF SCHOOLS RANKED IN FOOTBALL IN THE COUNTRY!!!

Default Re: The New MASSEY

My ears!!

How in the world is LaTech @ 42 after losing to NSULA.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    How in the world is LaTech @ 42 after losing to NSULA.
    WellOle Miss is still 4 so there's that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information