Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Visiting day

Default Visiting day

When is a good time to bring my son to visit? He is a senior and is planning to major in PetE - he is looking at LSU and Mississippi State (they are bringing back their Petroleum Eng dept back fall 2015)

I want him to fall in love with ULL. I have done a lot of research the past few months and I believe in my heart this will be a great school for him. He submitted his application and now we need to visit. Any suggestions on a great time or event to come for?

Thanks!!

Default Re: Visiting day

Tech game will get him at UL!!!!

Bring him this weekend. Come friday and go to Olde Tyme then wake up Saturday and walk around tailgating areas telling people you are considering enrolling at UL, you'll eat until you want to pass out. Then go to the game. Decision will be made.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by tlcmommi4 View Post
    When is a good time to bring my son to visit? He is a senior and is planning to major in PetE - he is looking at LSU and Mississippi State (they are bringing back their Petroleum Eng dept back fall 2015)

I want him to fall in love with ULL. I have done a lot of research the past few months and I believe in my heart this will be a great school for him. He submitted his application and now we need to visit. Any suggestions on a great time or event to come for?

Thanks!!
    UL's engineering programs are as good or better than those other two. Dr Zappi is amazing. Come next weekend to the UL/Tech game. your son will want to move here immediately.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Tech game will get him at UL!!!!
    When is that game? I would also like him to tour campus. See the dorms and get a feel of the whole picture. Football is great but I want him to see the academics too.

Oops just saw the other replies!! Ok let me talk to him about it! Thanks!

This Saturday! !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Bring him this weekend. Come friday and go to Olde Tyme then wake up Saturday and walk around tailgating areas telling people you are considering enrolling at UL, you'll eat until you want to pass out. Then go to the game. Decision will be made.
    That sounds great!! Thanks! Not sure I can make it this weekend . But we will try to juggle things around and see if we can make it happen

I looked all over the web site and didn't find any upcoming freshmen events listed. All I saw was preview day for LA high school seniors (which he is not we live in MS) and calling to schedule private tours. Do y'all have any big events for seniors to attend?

If I am not mistaken, most of that type of thing happens in the late Fall or early Spring. I live right across from campus, PM me if you make it into town and I will give you an unofficial tour. You might want to E-mail Dr. Zappi to set up a meeting with the head of the PETE department.

I looked all over the web site and didn't find any upcoming freshmen events listed. All I saw was preview day for LA high school seniors (which he is not we live in MS) and calling to schedule private tours. Do y'all have any big events for seniors to attend?
    UL puts holds engineering day for high school students to tour campus and the engineering department. It includes industry displays and representatives to explain carriers in the engineering field. I think the next one will be in the spring. However, as Helmutt stated you can contact the office of the Dean of Engineering, Dr. Zappi, for information and to set up a tour.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Good luck to your son. UL is a family and he will be well cared for. Whenever yall decide to visit, I hope it is an enjoyable one.

Thanks y'all. I hope to bring him out soon. We don't really have any free weekends in September to come for games.

According to the website my son would qualify for out of state tuition waiver and possibly other scholarships. He has a 3.56 GPA, Which includes 12 honors or AP classes and a 27 on the ACT (so far Taking it again in a couple weeks and will keep trying to get that 30 or higher until Dec). He doesn't have many EC but has been in honor roll every semester since 10th grade. (9th grade he got into some trouble and it messed up his finals and GPA). MS Boys state delegate. Golf team and spirit club. So not a lot on the resume. Do you think he could be eligible for more scholarships?

Would it benefit him to apply to the honors college or is engineering already enough on his plate? Any opinions are welcome!!

Thanks y'all. I hope to bring him out soon. We don't really have any free weekends in September to come for games.

According to the website my son would qualify for out of state tuition waiver and possibly other scholarships. He has a 3.56 GPA, Which includes 12 honors or AP classes and a 27 on the ACT (so far Taking it again in a couple weeks and will keep trying to get that 30 or higher until Dec). He doesn't have many EC but has been in honor roll every semester since 10th grade. (9th grade he got into some trouble and it messed up his finals and GPA). MS Boys state delegate. Golf team and spirit club. So not a lot on the resume. Do you think he could be eligible for more scholarships?

Would it benefit him to apply to the honors college or is engineering already enough on his plate? Any opinions are welcome!!
    Next home game after this weekend is the Saturday October 1st. One after that is on a Tuesday night. Homecoming is on Saturday November 1st and that game is at 4 pm.

If you make it in this weekend, your tickets to the game are on me

Engineering is enough on the plate in my opinion (I recently graduated in electrical engineering)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information