Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Not diggin the "pepper" mascot

1. Ragin' Cajuns Not diggin the "pepper" mascot

I wish we would have more fleur de lis stuff instead of the pepper. A pepper reminds me more of the southwest (Arizona,New Mexico) area. Or maybe goin back to when then "cajun" kinda resembled the Ole Miss rebel. That was pretty cool. Either way, I'm not a big fan of the pepper. I wish we could change it. GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!

Default Re: Not diggin the "pepper" mascot

Sometimes you just need to go with the traditional idea of logo's. I think we got a bit too artsy in 2000 with the new logos campaign. This University is over 100 years old but you'd never know it with all of the name changes and flaming logos with peppers.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Mascot.Why didn't we think of this?

I think the Mudbugs have a great mascot! Why didn't we think of this? It's something that pretty much local and it's not ridiculous like a damn pepper. I feel like I should tell people "welcome to Chilli's. How many in your party?" when I wear the pepper hat. So tell me which you would prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ Sometimes you just need to go with the traditional idea of logo's. I think we got a bit too artsy in 2000 with the new logos campaign. This University is over 100 years old but you'd never know it with all of the name changes and flaming logos with peppers. _
    ULtimate.I'm sticking with you and your logothis is just awesome and classy!

Quote Originally Posted by Da Meuawk!!! View Post
    _ I wish we would have more fleur de lis stuff instead of the pepper. A pepper reminds me more of the southwest (Arizona,New Mexico) area. Or maybe goin back to when then "cajun" kinda resembled the Ole Miss rebel. That was pretty cool. Either way, I'm not a big fan of the pepper. I wish we could change it. GEAUX CAJUNS!!!! _
    The cajun you speak of was the awesomeness that was the Cajun Man. I remember as a little kid watching Brian Mitchell kick loads of ass, and then during halftime the cajun man would ride out on a 4 wheeler, he just looked so awesome. In contrast the pepper is death to my eyes. Bring back the Cajun man. I remember when the university had to get rid of him because he resembled a plantation owner or a rough rider. This is why I never vote for anyone named cravins. They did the same thing to Teurlings with their mascot. Mascot's do not oppress people, people do!!

Default Re: Mascot.Why didn't we think of this?

Scott Farmer needs to be reminded how much the Pepper belongs in San Fransisco, not on our sidelines. But lets be greatful, we all saw the MTSU mascot which made me spill my drink. That was the raggediest horse I have ever seen!

Default Re: Mascot.Why didn't we think of this?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ I think the Mudbugs have a great mascot! Why didn't we think of this? It's something that pretty much local and it's not ridiculous like a damn pepper. I feel like I should tell people "welcome to Chilli's. How many in your party?" when I wear the pepper hat. So tell me which you would prefer. _
    looks a lot like this one.
    http://www.mudbugshockey.com/

8. Default Re: Mascot.Why didn't we think of this?

I'll stick with the pepper, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    _ The cajun you speak of was the awesomeness that was the Cajun Man. I remember as a little kid watching Brian Mitchell kick loads of ass, and then during halftime the cajun man would ride out on a 4 wheeler, he just looked so awesome. In contrast the pepper is death to my eyes. Bring back the Cajun man. I remember when the university had to get rid of him because he resembled a plantation owner or a rough rider. This is why I never vote for anyone named cravins. They did the same thing to Teurlings with their mascot. Mascot's do not oppress people, people do!! _
    Yea we loved throwing stuff at him.

_ Sometimes you just need to go with the traditional idea of logo's. I think we got a bit too artsy in 2000 with the new logos campaign. This University is over 100 years old but you'd never know it with all of the name changes and flaming logos with peppers. _
    I LOVE THIS LOGO!

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ I LOVE THIS LOGO! _
    I don't see how this logo, if introduced to the athletic dept., could pass it up. Not many people like our current helmets and I have not heard or seen any negative post about this logo / helmet idea.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ I don't see how this logo, if introduced to the athletic dept., could pass it up. Not many people like our current helmets and I have not heard or seen any negative post about this logo / helmet idea. _
    The simplicity of it is what I love so much.

It's just so simple and clean that makes it very hard to not like. You see something like this IMO the majority of people will accept because of the fact that it is simple, traditional, and classy. Maybe even put a 1900 under the ragin cajuns. I don't know. When you start throwing flames and peppers on logo's you are going to have people that like it, sure. But the majority will not. And if i'm running the marketing, I'm going to go with the logo that 80% of the people like as oppose to the logo that 20% like because it's considered "different". But that is just me.

14. What a Downer Re: Not diggin the "pepper" mascot

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ I LOVE THIS LOGO! _
    Yeah the freakin' "fightin peppers" is catchy. Why not just do away ragin cajuns while we are at it! So we can really make the university mascot look dumb!

15. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Not diggin the "pepper" mascot

_ It's just so simple and clean that makes it very hard to not like. You see something like this IMO the majority of people will accept because of the fact that it is simple, traditional, and classy. Maybe even put a 1900 under the ragin cajuns. I don't know. When you start throwing flames and peppers on logo's you are going to have people that like it, sure. But the majority will not. And if i'm running the marketing, I'm going to go with the logo that 80% of the people like as oppose to the logo that 20% like because it's considered "different". But that is just me. _
    Nice job dude. Now thats what the f!ck I'm talkin about! That represents cajuns more than a freakin' pepper! Glad someone still has there head on straight. GEAUX CAJUNS!!!! KICK ASS LOGO!!!!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information