Thread: UL / FIU game three

Default UL / FIU game three

well we got a win in the final game of the series. I was not able to follow the games friday and saturdaybut listened today. Seems like we it fairly well this weeknd, but didnt pitch very well

Default Re: UL / FIU game three

Pretty much, we even had timely hitting. The pitching just didn't come through for us so we'll see.

I saw Fontenot went back to SS, can somebody please tell me why rob would keep putting Will Long at SS , becuse Fontenot is a better SS then Long and he is hitting over .300 and also went 8-12 for the weekend.

and please don't say he is a better hitter then bostick, because Long only hit .200 the last 2 years

i really dont know. I mentioned in an earlier post that i thought that Fontenot was a year better than he was last year and that i liked him better this year than i did last year. i guess he just might want to give him some ab's being he was back,and might have showed him something in practice and BP leading up to this series. It was RUMOR that hewas the most improved player comming out of the fall. I never particularly cared for him but thats just my opinion

Will Long has the range of a small child

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    _ Will Long has the range of a small child _
    Will long should not see game action in any game that is in any way important. Mid week games only and not against Rice, Tulane, or LSU (3 teams that could be major boosts for us RPI wise) from here on until he proves that he wont be an error machine for us. Bostick is an offensive liability, but atleast he can lock down second base defensively.

Just for comedies sake.i kind of wonder what it'd be like if we had long at short and hicks at second.

If you go back two years ago when Xavier Alexander was competing with Long for the spot. It was clear that Robe was going to stick with Will Long. That was probably the reason why Alexander didnt return for last the 2008 season. Boy we could have used his stick last year.

8. Default Re: UL / FIU game three

Don't forget about Cy Primeaux--- He was the leading hitter on the team and a couple of errors did him in forever!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Don't forget about Cy Primeaux--- He was the leading hitter on the team and a couple of errors did him in forever!!!! _
    when CY left the team he was only hitting .235, he was not the leading hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad2 View Post
    _ when CY left the team he was only hitting .235, he was not the leading hitter. _
    Agreed he was not good.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    Just for comedies sake.i kind of wonder what it'd be like if we had long at short and hicks at second. _

Bad News Bears meets Major League (before their late season surge)

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post

Just for comedies sake.i kind of wonder what it'd be like if we had long at short and hicks at second. _
    Freshman year when Hicks was playing second (not third) he made 0 errors in 36 chances. Junior and Senior year he has been playing the majority third base and if you have ever played baseball before you would know it is a huge difference.

Thread Information