Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Depth Chart

Default Re: Depth Chart

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    He's faster than most of them except Hill perhaps. My guess is that he's battled injuries. The guy didn't play as a true frosh bc he's a plug.
    Maybe he's faster but my point was that these guys are perhaps the overall package. A blend of size, speed and strength that he is not. We have always had problems with 200 pounders playing LB as they tend to get swallowed up in the run game.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Maybe he's faster but my point was that these guys are perhaps the overall package. A blend of size, speed and strength that he is not. We have always had problems with 200 pounders playing LB as they tend to get swallowed up in the run game.
    Oh I understand. We had an influx of talent there, but I've watched Tyren play and I know he will see the field this year. Just a matter of time.

FWIW I think Willis just likes bigger LBs where others may prefer a little extra speed.

Ok, name everyone on the 2 deep at LB with more TFL than him last year and you'll have your answer.
    I think the coaches are making their decisions on more extensive data than TFL. We understand you are an Alexander guy but the problem is his size. I'm not saying he can't make plays. He obviously can because he did show he got behind the line last year but it appears that he gets eaten up within the run game. I think part of that is his position. They had him playing ILB last year which will put him taking on guards and centers in the run game and I don't understand putting him there. This year, we have better athletes all over the board at the LB position that are not only as fast but bigger and stronger. I'm sure Tyren will play, especially against pass happy teams but his upside is limited to his size.

Oh I understand. We had an influx of talent there, but I've watched Tyren play and I know he will see the field this year. Just a matter of time.

FWIW I think Willis just likes bigger LBs where others may prefer a little extra speed.
    I prefer guys who are bigger and just as fast that can be more physical.

I prefer guys who are bigger and just as fast that can be more physical.
    Where can the depth chart be found on RaginCajuns.com?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Where can the depth chart be found on RaginCajuns.com?
    Not sure but you can find it on page one of this thread

Not sure but you can find it on page one of this thread
    I saw that but was wondering where they got it.

Cajun T has it on Cajunredzone

At the press conference Monday

I have a question on our depth chart. Our O Line seems pretty strong and deep with one exception. Our back-up right tackle is Grant Horst who is listed at 6'5" and 260 lbs. That is aweful light for a tackle. He practiced a lot at center and was moved back to tackle. He doesn't appear to have gained any weight from his freshman year. Might be fine for a play or two, but if our starter goes down, can he hold his own at that light weight?
    Grant's upper body has gotten stronger, he was 245 when he stepped on campus. Coach Rodrigue stated that once they got out of two-a-days and into game week practices that he should have no problem adding weight and giving his body proper rest in between games. He could be close to 280 by the end of the season.

Aaaand Alexander gets the start.

Ha! yep. So much for the depth chart. And the demise of tyren

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Aaaand Alexander gets the start.
    Is Molbert hurt? I noticed Chris Hill was not dressed out either

14. Default Re: Depth Chart

Molbert was ill, Hill has an academic eligibility issue that's being "rectified" per Hud

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information