Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Depth Chart

Default Re: Depth Chart

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    What's surprising to me is that Tyren Alexander is not one of the top 8 LBs.
    We've brought in a lot of talent at LB over the last couple of years and when Darzil gets cleared, he will likely be ahead of him as well. Its hard to make an impression as an undersized LB that is no faster or stronger than the others at your position who outweigh you by 20 pounds and are as tall or taller.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    Just wondering why are you surprised? I'm not surprised in the least bit
    Same here. Too much talent at the position with guys who are more physically ready.

Has Alexander gained any weight since coming to the program? It looks like he has the build of a Safety. If UL has any long term plans for him, he should probably redshirt.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Has Alexander gained any weight since coming to the program? It looks like he has the build of a Safety. If UL has any long term plans for him, he should probably redshirt.
    I always felt that redshirting would be the best option for him and was kind of shocked when they didn't do it. According to Ragincajuns.com, they have him listed as 208 which I think is about 20 pounds heavier than when he got here. However, you take guys like Chris Hill who are about the same size but faster and stronger and then you have guys like Darzil Washington, Fourq, Trae Johnson, T.J. Posey, Granier etc and you see that he is being passed up by good athletes who are 20-30 pounds heavier. I'm forgetting about Prater as well as Molbert.

It would seem, based on his weight, that SS would be a good fit for him but I have no idea if he is fast enough to play back there.

5. Default Re: Depth Chart

Not sure, but he may not have the speed to play safety.

He might be a tweener, to small to play LB and not fast enough to play Safety.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I always felt that redshirting would be the best option for him and was kind of shocked when they didn't do it. According to Ragincajuns.com, they have him listed as 208 which I think is about 20 pounds heavier than when he got here. However, you take guys like Chris Hill who are about the same size but faster and stronger and then you have guys like Darzil Washington, Fourq, Trae Johnson, T.J. Posey, Granier etc and you see that he is being passed up by good athletes who are 20-30 pounds heavier. I'm forgetting about Prater as well as Molbert.

It would seem, based on his weight, that SS would be a good fit for him but I have no idea if he is fast enough to play back there.
    Both Chris Hill and Alexander were given looks at safety when they hit campus. They do not have the hips to play safety or the instincts. Both are small hybrid type linebackers that played on the line or in the box most of the time in high school. Its very hard to teach someone the angles and coverage from the safety position in college, that has zero experience playing the position in high school. Both are tweener type linebackers that can run from sideline to sideline, but they are not run stuffers or safeties.

Whatever happened to Lamarcus Allen?

Transferred out

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    We've brought in a lot of talent at LB over the last couple of years and when Darzil gets cleared, he will likely be ahead of him as well. Its hard to make an impression as an undersized LB that is no faster or stronger than the others at your position who outweigh you by 20 pounds and are as tall or taller.
    He's faster than most of them except Hill perhaps. My guess is that he's battled injuries. The guy didn't play as a true frosh bc he's a plug.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    Just wondering why are you surprised? I'm not surprised in the least bit
    Ok, name everyone on the 2 deep at LB with more TFL than him last year and you'll have your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    Whatever happened to Lamarcus Allen?
    Is he the WR out of New Iberia? Kid was good but we are deep at that position too.

12. Default Re: Depth Chart

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Is he the WR out of New Iberia? Kid was good but we are deep at that position too.
    ----Before he got hurt there was talk of even taking the R-shirt off!!!

When did he get hurt, and what was the injury?

Acl

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Both Chris Hill and Alexander were given looks at safety when they hit campus. They do not have the hips to play safety or the instincts. Both are small hybrid type linebackers that played on the line or in the box most of the time in high school. Its very hard to teach someone the angles and coverage from the safety position in college, that has zero experience playing the position in high school. Both are tweener type linebackers that can run from sideline to sideline, but they are not run stuffers or safeties.
    I have a question on our depth chart. Our O Line seems pretty strong and deep with one exception. Our back-up right tackle is Grant Horst who is listed at 6'5" and 260 lbs. That is aweful light for a tackle. He practiced a lot at center and was moved back to tackle. He doesn't appear to have gained any weight from his freshman year. Might be fine for a play or two, but if our starter goes down, can he hold his own at that light weight?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information