Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Southern @ Louisiana Attendance Prediction Thread

Default Re: Southern @ Louisiana Attendance Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vlw View Post
    *snicker*

Ticket master send help. At least 20,000 Jags. Do I need to post the pic from last time lol.
    As long as it's a pic of the scoreboard.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Yeah, there is no shot at you guys bringing 20k to our stadium. You don't bring that to your stadium. I'm thinking around 5,000-6,000 maybe
    You might can smack McNeese about their attendance, but our level of fan support is pretty well established. We averaged over 20K at home last year, third most in the state. I won't guess as to how many fans we will bring, but I'm sure we'll be more than well represented in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by sujags06 View Post
    You might can smack McNeese about their attendance, but our level of fan support is pretty well established. We averaged over 20K at home last year, third most in the state. I won't guess as to how many fans we will bring, but I'm sure we'll be more than well represented in the stands.
    Is that 20k after halftime?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

That's cool. and we're glad to host you guys. I still believe, regardless of good weather or not, you will have about 20% of the fans in attendance. If we top out at 42k, you'll have just over 10k of that crowd. I think you would have had another 5k if we hadn't sold so many to our own already. It isn't a matter of SU fans not knowing to buy tickets in advance. It is a matter of so many UL fans that are more interested in attending our games than they were in 2009.

No doubt, your fans support the band very well. It's just that our support had increased so there may be less seating available to your fans this time.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Is that 20k after halftime?
    LOL that's cute, I'm starting to see where RaginEd's sarcasm came from. I'll be sure not to respond in kind, lest I too be labeled a troll, but in any case, there's a good reason the sale of the tickets was limited to this week. Don't get me wrong, it was an absolutely brilliant thing to do, but it was done for good reason nonetheless.

LOL that's cute, I'm starting to see where RaginEd's sarcasm came from. I'll be sure not to respond in kind, lest I too be labeled a troll, but in any case, there's a good reason the sale of the tickets was limited to this week. Don't get me wrong, it was an absolutely brilliant thing to do, but it was done for good reason nonetheless.
    You might think its cute, but it's based on experience the last time SU visited Cajun Field. About half the SU crowd left after the band's halftime performance ended. The SU football fans stayed until late in the third, early fourth when the outcome was obvious. Still a good crowd regardless of why they attended.

Are you implying that we purposefully held tickets back so that Southern wouldn't get a chance to purchase them? Is this an alternate universe where one week isn't enough time for Southern fans to buy tickets? Do you need two weeks to figure out if you are gonna haul your ___ to a football game? No.that ____ is cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    That's cool. and we're glad to host you guys. I still believe, regardless of good weather or not, you will have about 20% of the fans in attendance. If we top out at 42k, you'll have just over 10k of that crowd. I think you would have had another 5k if we hadn't sold so many to our own already. It isn't a matter of SU fans not knowing to buy tickets in advance. It is a matter of so many UL fans that are more interested in attending our games than they were in 2009.
    I agree that there's far more interest in your program than there was when we last played, and the growth of the team under Hudspeth has been remarkable. That being said, even 10K would be an impressive showing and a good sign of our level of fan support.

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

The reason individual ticket sales started this week is because ticket sales had been limited to season ticket sales and maximizing that number

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Are you implying that we purposefully held tickets back so that Southern wouldn't get a chance to purchase them? Is this an alternate universe where one week isn't enough time for Southern fans to buy tickets? Do you need two weeks to figure out if you are gonna haul your ___ to a football game? No.that ____ is cute.
    With the demand on both sides, a day or two would have been plenty, but we both know that's not the point. Again, it was a brilliant thing to do, but let's not pretend it was done against us (and La Tech) and not against, say, Appalachian State, with no intent behind it.

I know you will be well represented but I know you won't bring 20k, at least not to the game

20k is impressive for a school of that size. Looks as though the only thing that sells out faster than Law Degrees at Southern are football tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I know you will be well represented but I know you won't bring 20k, at least not to the game
    I never stated that we would bring that many.

With the demand on both sides, a day or two would have been plenty, but we both know that's not the point. Again, it was a brilliant thing to do, but let's not pretend it was done against us (and La Tech) and not against, say, Appalachian State, with no intent behind it.
    For one thing you are talking apples and oranges, that is two in state schools where opposing fans ticket demands will be higher versus a school near the eastern seaboard. Secondly, since that game is yet to occur we don't know that the ticket policy for visitors will be any different given our fan demands.

But for comparison, what has been the ticket policy for SU fans when playing of comparable in state D1A teams?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information