Thread: Head Coach, Women's Tennis

Default Head Coach, Women's Tennis

New interview up, Tina Samara. Played on 3 NC teams at UGA, came here from Colorado. Interesting lady.

We need to get out and support the tennis teams.

Default Re: Head Coach, Women's Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ New interview up, Tina Samara. Played on 3 NC teams at UGA, came here from Colorado. Interesting lady.

We need to get out and support the tennis teams. _
    OK, guys and gals.

This is embarrassing. You all claim to be UL supporters.

You all want to see excellence, and winning.

You all want to see the University, and particularly athletics, grow.

But I do a write up on a coach who has had an immediate, large effect on a sport that's a natural for Lafayette and UL.

.and no one says anything?

J'ai honte.

3. UL Tennis Re: Head Coach, Women's Tennis

In part it has to do with the last coach leaving unannounced followed by Tina Samara's prolonged postponed hiring with no announcement followed with going winless in 7 of the first 8 matches this year followed by a very good winning streak and we are supposed to be all over it.

That is not how you build a fan base.

Having said that she has done an absolutely amazing job turning this season around and to date is turning out to be David Walkers best hire.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ In part it has to do with the last coach leaving unannounced followed by Tina Samara's prolonged postponed hiring with no announcement followed with going winless in 7 of the first 8 matches this year followed by a very good winning streak and we are supposed to be all over it.

That is not how you build a fan base.

Having said that she has done an absolutely amazing job turning this season around and to date is turning out to be David Walkers best hire.

jmo _
    I'm with you.

A loyal fan's loyalty stops at the won-loss record.

.right?

5. Default Re: Head Coach, Women's Tennis

_ I'm with you.

.right?

_

My crude point to make was; awareness comes first, your interview is the start.

Loyalty takes time, winning helps . . . a lot.

_ I'm with you.

.right?

_
    Regardless of how loyal a person is, no one wants to watch a bad team play. Just because a person is loyal does not mean they can not be critical. I am loyal to the USA but when I see something I don't like I criticize it, the same goes for UL I love my school and am very loyal to it but when I see something that needs to be better I criticize it. Everyone here thinks there is more to it all than wins and loses but those things are not mutually exclusive. You can have the wins and have great students.so when we call for change it isn't because we are not loyal it is because we see where things can be done better.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

_ OK, guys and gals.

This is embarrassing. You all claim to be UL supporters.

You all want to see excellence, and winning.

You all want to see the University, and particularly athletics, grow.

But I do a write up on a coach who has had an immediate, large effect on a sport that's a natural for Lafayette and UL.

.and no one says anything?

J'ai honte. _

Football
    Basketball
    Baseball
    Softball
    WBB/Tennis/etc

This is my priority list. But nonetheless it's great that the coach is doing a good job. Lord knows we need more like her.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ Football
    Basketball
    Baseball
    Softball
    WBB/Tennis/etc

This is my priority list. But nonetheless it's great that the coach is doing a good job. Lord knows we need more like her. _
    That's exactly my point. let's change our priorities.

It's not far-fetched. Baseball drew more than basketball at the end of the season. Softball doesn't draw crowds many places, but it does at UL, and we all follow it.

All of our sports can help build athletics, and our University. So let's stop take some of that energy we use trying to bash in the front doors of football and basketball, and look for sports that can bring us in by la porte en arrière.

Because this is something we can control. We just got a rude awakening about how ineffective we are at influencing coach selection.

But we can always vote with our feet. Granted, it's easy to walk away from a struggling sport.

But it's very, very powerful to walk away from a struggling sport, to go support a successful one.

Thread Information