Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FB Helmet

This is Upsetting Re: FB Helmet

Has anyone else noticed how popular the fleur de lis is getting with other state school? Also, the Hornets use it now too.

Default Re: FB Helmet

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    _ Has anyone else noticed how popular the fleur de lis is getting with other state school? Also, the Hornets use it now too. _
    that may have something to do with it becoming the official state symbol. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ That is an extremely sweet helmet but like someone said earlier.a fleur de lis on a helmet may be associated with the Saints (Also a great helmet). Anyway, I'm for it.

ULtimate.you should email those helmets to Bustle. He also does not like our current helmet. _

You know, both Grambling and Georgia adopted the Green Bay Packers "G" on their helmets and no one is confusing them with the Pack. UL had the Fleur de Lis long before the Saints were formed. It is identifiable with Louisiana and we are The University of Louisiana. I like the look of the Louisiana helmet with the Fleur de Lis. I would also put the single or double white striping and definitely a white face mask. Then, put Ragin Cajuns on the jersey. Our uniform would then read Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. Perfect.

I have a GREAT idea! How about if we use "Ragin' Cajuns" as is!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ I have a GREAT idea! How about if we use "Ragin' Cajuns" as is!! _

Ragin Cajuns is a great name, but it doesn't say who we are. We use Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns, which is rediculous. That is like saying Florida's Gators or Alabama's Crimson Tide. That isn't a university, it is a state. The media will continue to confuse us with other schools and use Louisiana - Lafayette and UL L. We need something that says we are The University of Louisiana and associate that with Ragin Cajuns. Not just throw Ragin Cajuns out there and let them associate it with whomever they choose or whatever name they want to call us. We should be dictating what we want to be called.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    I have a GREAT idea! How about if we use "Ragin' Cajuns" as is!!
    If the brand or brands are not diectly connected to the school they are poor recruiting tools.

If the brand or brands trump the school you have a bad marketing angle.

The only thing worse would be not having a brand at all.

jmo
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    that may have something to do with it becoming the official state symbol. I think.
    As soon as I heard that announcement I knew this was going to happen!

igeaux.mobi

I GIVE UP!

Carry on.

It's a little slow at work today

Attached Images Attached Images    

_ It's a little slow at work today _
    That looks freakin' sweet!

CajunRed.the helmet is one of, if not the most identifiable pieces of equipment for a college athletic program. Our current helmets don't let anyone know who we are. Puting "Louisiana" on a helmet will help us shed the title of Louisiana-Lafayette. It will also help people who are watching a game in another state who have no clue where the Ragin' Cajuns are from identify our school and location. This would be a good thing for a school that is not as established as someone who puts their nickname on their helmet (i.e. Gators).

_ It's a little slow at work today _

That looks great. Can you add a stripe or double stripe to the helmet, white with black trim like the Louisiana wording? With the UL on the pants and changing Louisiana to Ragin Cajuns on the jerseys, our uniforms would be awesome and really make a statement about who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ That looks great. Can you add a stripe or double stripe to the helmet, white with black trim like the Louisiana wording? With the UL on the pants and changing Louisiana to Ragin Cajuns on the jerseys, our uniforms would be awesome and really make a statement about who we are. _
    I Agree!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ That looks great. Can you add a stripe or double stripe to the helmet, white with black trim like the Louisiana wording? With the UL on the pants and changing Louisiana to Ragin Cajuns on the jerseys, our uniforms would be awesome and really make a statement about who we are. _
    Attached Images Attached Images  

_ _
    That just looks awesome!!!!

I have to say, I would love our unis if they looked like that!

_ _
    I like that much better than our current helmet!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information