Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need some help

UL Baseball Need some help

I have a lot of freinds that are LSU fans and that are UL grads but don't support the athletic dept because of The Curse. They constantly give me a hard time about UL baseball and always ask, "What's the matter with the Cajuns?" Last year, I said it was that we just undeachieved and did not have a good hitting coach. I just want to make a unified stand so that we all have the same excuse for this year. So, what is it?

a. We're young
    b. We're rebuilding
    c. Need to give the new hitting coach a year or two to get his program in place

Please help me out so we can all have the same response.

Default Re: Need some help

What, no one out there has a good excuse? Come on, I know some of you have a really good one that we can all use.

How 'bout. "We suck" ???

d. we can't get hits in timely situations and our pitching seems to fold

Consistantly inconsistant. time to re-recruit. I dont believe all the BS about giving the hitting system another year.you can either hit or you cant hit weather its your philsophy or someones elses philosophy. Whatever philosphy you wanna use, i promise somewhere in the handbook that you are suppose to swing at strikes and dont look at called 3rd strikes. I can promise that much. So the bottom line is that you either have the ability or you dont have the ability. Some of these guys look clueless and have no approach what so ever when they go to the plate. Some days there ok, but most days it terrible. Starting pitching is good somedays, and terrible somedays. last weekend we pitched ok and didnt score runsthis weekend we didnt have starting pitching and didnt hit. Go figure?! we are not the program we use to be that for sure!

Chad Keefer is our best hitter by far. Our best lineup is probably as follows

1. Fontenot SS
    2. Whipple LF
    3. Keefer 3B
    4. Hawkins 1B
    5. Griffen C
    6. Benzel DH
    7. Smith RF
    8. Olasin CF
    9. Bostick 2B

To me that is probably a good lineup, but its not about the names in the lineup. The problem that i see is that its been all or nothing with these guys. Inconsistant. We need to get back to having guys that stick it in the gap and clutch up. Just like todayit like we were begging for walks rather than being aggresive and swinging it. everyone was ____ed because of the strike 3 call on Bostickthat was too close to take from where i was sitting. IMO, too much looking at called strike 3

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    _ What, no one out there has a good excuse? Come on, I know some of you have a really good one that we can all use. _
    I figured by now someone would have gotten on and said. "its the administration's fault!"

What else could it be. we have an elite program. every one wants out coach. and besides, we beat LSU this week!

Wait. I need to add something to my last post. I went to another thread and saw this post.

Savoie is not here to build UL. He's here to tear it down.

We have our answer. We lost because of Dr. Savoie!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ I figured by now someone would have gotten on and said. "its the administration's fault!"

What else could it be. we have an elite program. every one wants out coach. and besides, we beat LSU this week! _
    Take a deep breath. baseball definitely has had its ups and downs. I find more ups than downs. Do you think we are so sports achievement starved that we expect baseball (and softball) to save us from the dumpster. every year? I do.

For that. I do blame our administration. We should be watching what seed we will be in the NCAA MBB tournament today. and there would be some that would add. oh, and by the way, our baseball team got skunked this weekend.

Who do you want to blame for our baseball situation this weekend and what do you want to do about it. besides trying to start another fight amongst ourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ Take a deep breath. baseball definitely has had its ups and downs. I find more ups than downs. Do you think we are so sports achievement starved that we expect baseball (and softball) to save us from the dumpster. every year? I do.

For that. I do blame our administration. We should be watching what seed we will be in the NCAA MBB tournament today. and there would be some that would add. oh, and by the way, our baseball team got skunked this weekend.

Who do you want to blame for our baseball situation this weekend and what do you want to do about it. besides trying to start another fight amongst ourselves? _
    I thought we had decided already. Its the administration. It surely can't be coaching. could it?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ Take a deep breath. baseball definitely has had its ups and downs. I find more ups than downs. Do you think we are so sports achievement starved that we expect baseball (and softball) to save us from the dumpster. every year? I do.

Who do you want to blame for our baseball situation this weekend and what do you want to do about it. besides trying to start another fight amongst ourselves? _
    yes there are many ups and downs in within the season. There are ups and downs within the program. At the end of the day its baseball. You dont play who is in the other duggout, you play against the game.period. Catch the ball and throw it strait. The administration has nothing to do with thisunless they can hit with 2 strikes

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ yes there are many ups and downs in within the season. There are ups and downs within the program. At the end of the day its baseball. You dont play who is in the other duggout, you play against the game.period. Catch the ball and throw it strait. The administration has nothing to do with thisunless they can hit with 2 strikes _

"The administration has nothing to do with this?" Can't be.

14. Default Re: Need some help

Upgrade the facilities and we will be better. We are falling behing just like in football when we didn't put any money in the program after Brain Mitchell graduated. Get with it T-Joe or just fall behind further and be lossers. It's an embaresment to be an alumni and supporter. Grow some and be proactive, this addministration is the same, just pathetic. They can't even make a decision on two terrible basketball coaches.

You are TOTALLY correct!. If we had played this weekend's two games in a prettier ball park, we surely would have won. It would have helped us hit better for sure!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information