Thread: Come on Cajuns! Second Bowl Drive

Default Come on Cajuns! Second Bowl Drive

The Orlando Sports Foundation has contacted me wanting to gauge the interest of Sun Belt fans in a new bowl game to be played at UCF's stadium. They are interested in Sun Belt vs. CUSA if Sun Belt fans indicate interest. They are hoping to get certified in April and use your responses to show the NCAA this is worthwhile. I've checked with the conference office, this is legitimate.

Don't spam it, don't flood it, but share the link with everyone you know and get this spread around via email, Facebook, whatever.

http://www.bringabowltoucf.com/

Default Re: Come on Cajuns! Second Bowl Drive

WOOHOO!!! Another bowl game for the fossil at fau while we sit at home. But i'll sign it
    igeaux.mobi

I'm dead serious, as long as the bowl game doesn't force me to get on an airplane (Hawaii) I will be wherever we play our first bowl game.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Come on Cajuns! Second Bowl Drive

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    _ I'm dead serious, as long as the bowl game doesn't force me to get on an airplane (Hawaii) I will be wherever we play our first bowl game. _
    So you're going to DRIVE to Orlando?? You can probably find a ticket that would allow you to fly there cheaper...

Signed it as well, my mother is a Breast Cancer survivor, anything to support the cause and the Cajuns going to a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    _ So you're going to DRIVE to Orlando?? You can probably find a ticket that would allow you to fly there cheaper... _
    Heck yea! Get some friends to ride together, that will split the cost, and then when we get there we actually have something to tailgate with. this simply a no brainer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    So you're going to DRIVE to Orlando?? You can probably find a ticket that would allow you to fly there cheaper...
    Family just got back and cost around $175.00 in gas money but that was five people.

You can often times get a round trip out of N'Oleans for under $200.00. You are right that unless you load up the car the individual price on a flight isn't bad. Not to mention that Orlando is an great destination anyway. Beats the daylight out of the Motor city bowl or Independence bowl.

Slightly off the subject, but I wonder if the Independence Bowl is still in trouble, depends on assistance from the legislature, and the Conference office is trying to get something going with them in exchange for some assurances attendance-wise and some stability. The geography is perfect for a great number of SBC schools struggling to establish a fan base and it offers a realistic shot at sellouts. This joke of Northern Illinois University representing the Chicago market for the last game was a real stretch of the imagination.

I'll support a second bowl anywhere for the Sun Belt but I'd be less than honest if I promised to attend a game as far away as Orlando.

A Sun Belt school averaging 15,000 a game on the strength of a high profile OOC game early in the season could really benefit from something like this if they had a special year. Send them to Orlando and these fan bases will not go if it is not close to where they are.

Here in the western side of the league, Orlando is a hard trip, but Momma can be convinced to add football to the to do list if it means getting the kiddies to Orlando.

Email this around folks, make sure all your friends know and tell 'em to pass it on.

I'm all for it. A bowl with a definite sunbelt tie in - as opposed to a contingent tie in that probably won't have a scenario where it will come in play again for another 5 or 6 years - not that the ones this year were worth the paper they were written on - but I'm on board.

Only problem is - In these tough economic times, what company is going to sponsor another new bowl? Someone knock on Walt's tombstone and ask Disneyworld to sponsor it.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Arkstfan View Post
    _ Here in the western side of the league, Orlando is a hard trip, but Momma can be convinced to add football to the to do list if it means getting the kiddies to Orlando.

Email this around folks, make sure all your friends know and tell 'em to pass it on. _
    Done,

Z

UL Football Re: Come on Cajuns! Second Bowl Drive

Quote Originally Posted by Arkstfan View Post
    The Orlando Sports Foundation has contacted me wanting to gauge the interest of Sun Belt fans in a new bowl game to be played at UCF's stadium. They are interested in Sun Belt vs. CUSA if Sun Belt fans indicate interest. They are hoping to get certified in April and use your responses to show the NCAA this is worthwhile. I've checked with the conference office, this is legitimate.

Don't spam it, don't flood it, but share the link with everyone you know and get this spread around via email, Facebook, whatever.

http://www.bringabowltoucf.com/
    Anything that close to Disney World I can get my wife to agree to!

I will gladly have a beer and boudin with Mickey Mouse if it means I can celebrate a Cajuns Bowl victory!

Thread Information