Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: Where to eat in Baton Rouge

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Where to eat in Baton Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Have you been to "The Cabin" lately? I haven't and I'm just wondering if it's any good. _
    I probably eat at The Cabin (Hwy 44 and 22) about once a month, just when I'm in that immediate area. It isn't that great. red beans and rice with hot sausage is probably the best on their menu. I prefer Mike Anderson's at the Holiday Inn in Gonzales. Another pretty decent place across the river (Sunshine Bridge) in downtown Donaldsonville is The Grapevine. The Village on Airline, in a little strip mall area just down the road and across Airline from the Kleinpeter Dairy is another pretty decent new eatery. Primarily Italian with steaks and seafood. a little pricey, but good food.

I know some of our Acadiana friends are about to slaughter this BR food thread. They should be a little more compassionate toward us Cajun fans forced to serve time in this neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I probably eat at The Cabin (Hwy 44 and 22) about once a month, just when I'm in that immediate area. It isn't that great. red beans and rice with hot sausage is probably the best on their menu. I prefer Mike Anderson's at the Holiday Inn in Gonzales. Another pretty decent place across the river (Sunshine Bridge) in downtown Donaldsonville is The Grapevine. The Village on Airline, in a little strip mall area just down the road and across Airline from the Kleinpeter Dairy is another pretty decent new eatery. Primarily Italian with steaks and seafood. a little pricey, but good food.

I know some of our Acadiana friends are about to slaughter this BR food thread. They should be a little more compassionate toward us Cajun fans forced to serve time in this neck of the woods. _
    We just have to make do. Thanks for the tip on the Mike Anderson's. I've never to that one, just the one over by LState.

The only place I have a real yearn to check out right now is the Brazilian gaucho style place in Perkins Rowe - Texas de Brazil. I've eaten in that type restaurant in a couple of far away places and it was fun.

_ We just have to make do. Thanks for the tip on the Mike Anderson's. I've never to that one, just the one over by LState.

The only place I have a real yearn to check out right now is the Brazilian gaucho style place in Perkins Rowe - Texas de Brazil. I've eaten in that type restaurant in a couple of far away places and it was fun. _
    I "make do" and I bet you do too just fineeeeeee!

Good luck on the Perkins Rowe spot. I have tried 3 places there and have been disappointed each time.

Have you tried the wet ribs at Zea's in the Towne Center? Pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by drumroll View Post
    _ An awesome suggestion!

Roberto's provides a very unique experience, particularly if you have any out of state visitors along. The original building was built around 1850 and is still very authentic, and Roberto is a "hands on" restauranteer that will stop by and talk at your table.

http://www.robertosrestaurant.net/ _
    Yes, and the food is dang good as well. I really enjoy a place that is all bout service and the food. Of couse, the extra plus is that I can wear jeans.

After my meal there I told my wife to just burp me and put me to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by 4LSU View Post
    _ I "make do" and I bet you do too just fineeeeeee!

Good luck on the Perkins Rowe spot. I have tried 3 places there and have been disappointed each time.

Have you tried the wet ribs at Zea's in the Towne Center? Pretty good. _
    Was one of the 3 places the Texas de Brazil? Lemme know if so and I'll just build a fire in my yard and do a few different kinds of meat on my WWII Japanese bayonet. I can do a lot of meat at $44p/p.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

_ Was one of the 3 places the Texas de Brazil? Lemme know if so and I'll just build a fire in my yard and do a few different kinds of meat on my WWII Japanese bayonet. I can do a lot of meat at $44p/p. _
    We've got one of a similar genre here in the H, called Fogo de Chao. It was very fun, and it was very good.especially since I didn't have to pick up the tab. I think FdC runs about 30 for lunch and 60 for dinner. It's sometimes hard to justify 60 a person, plus drinks, for an evening, but I really think its worth it, even if you factor in the inevitable meat sweats.

.I'll just build a fire in my yard and do a few different kinds of meat on my WWII Japanese bayonet. I can do a lot of meat at $44p/p. _
    LOLI hear ya!

No, it wasn't one of the 3 places. All I can tell you bout Texas de Brazil is that my daughter went in July when they were having a 2 for 1 special and reported that it was "real good". She also said they don't allow doggie bags. So, I guess you need to be sure that you skip lunch if you are going to be paying bout $50 a head.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ Why doesn't Bisbano's Pizza ever get mentioned? I use to love that place or maybe just because it was close to UL it tasted so good. I really want to try the Blue Dog Cafe this fall. That is the only place I've heard mentioned that I have never eaten. What type of food is it? Nouveau Cajun? _
    I would describe most of their menu as a gourmet-type Cajun food. Nouveau Cajun may be pretty accurate, also, but they do have some variety. They have the best crawfish bisque I have ever eaten. I would definitely recommend it.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ We just have to make do. Thanks for the tip on the Mike Anderson's. I've never to that one, just the one over by LState.

The only place I have a real yearn to check out right now is the Brazilian gaucho style place in Perkins Rowe - Texas de Brazil. I've eaten in that type restaurant in a couple of far away places and it was fun. _
    I've eaten at the Texas de Brazil in Perkins Rowe (and the Fogo De Chao in Houston). They are very similar. It is a meat feast. The salad bars are both extensive, but at the price you will pay, you need to be a big meat eater to make it worth your while. It is heavily salted meat and the key is to pass on the lower cuts as the staff offers it, or cuts you don't really like, and just pig out on what you do like. I recommend it as a different dining experience. there are a couple of Brazilian cuts of meat that we Americans aren't used to. but overall. I prefer going and getting a really good piece of beef cooked to my specs, with my choice of sides. or just grilling meat at home.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information