Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Where to eat in Baton Rouge

Default Re: Where to eat in Baton Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Saint View Post
    _ don't forget the spin-off of the original don's downtown, and that is don's hut on johnston st. it's not as much of a fixture as the original, after all it's only been open for about 35 years or so, but it's better and more consistent than the original. i like them both; i just prefer the hut. you also have to hit alesi's for the only truly mama-mia italian food in the city. get the pizza, or try the authentic tufoli. the tufoli tastes as if mr. mike's(alesi) mother had been cooking the sauce all day. wherever, enjoy! _
    Why doesn't Bisbano's Pizza ever get mentioned? I use to love that place or maybe just because it was close to UL it tasted so good. I really want to try the Blue Dog Cafe this fall. That is the only place I've heard mentioned that I have never eaten. What type of food is it? Nouveau Cajun?

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Do you know where you are staying in BR? _
    Niece works for the Choice Hotels chain and gets us discounts so probably the Comfort Suites that it says is like 3 miles from campus.

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsincajun View Post
    _ Niece works for the Choice Hotels chain and gets us discounts so probably the Comfort Suites that it says is like 3 miles from campus. _
    I'm guessing that would be the one on Vallley Creek Dr. There a will be a lot of places to eat all around you including the Italian place, Gino's, that a couple of us mentioned in this thread.

Track & Field Re: Where to eat in Baton Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsincajun View Post
    _ Niece works for the Choice Hotels chain and gets us discounts so probably the Comfort Suites that it says is like 3 miles from campus. _

Gino's will be 100 yards away :-)

TJ RIBS, newly remodeled, and you will probably want to sit at the bar for a couple of reasons.Hall Davis's parents often sit at the bar to eat and are there several times a week I think.their favorite bartender is the very tall blonde bartender wearing the nametag that says Pork Chop (her brother plays for UL as well).it's just more fun at the bar.

Ruffino's would be well worth the ride out to Highland, but make reservations :-)

I live in the Garden District and there are several good places around the Perkins Road overpass within a block of each other where the locals eat, including George's (burgers, po-boys), Ivar's (burgers, po-boys), Parrain's (seafood), Di Guilio Brothers (Italian), and Chelsea's Cafe (seafood, burgers, po-boys, salads), Zippy's (Mexican). All local, no chains.

Quote Originally Posted by dhuval View Post
    _ I live in the Garden District and there are several good places around the Perkins Road overpass within a block of each other where the locals eat, including George's (burgers, po-boys), Ivar's (burgers, po-boys), Parrain's (seafood), Di Guilio Brothers (Italian), and Chelsea's Cafe (seafood, burgers, po-boys, salads), Zippy's (Mexican). All local, no chains. _
    I especially like Di Guilio's

What is the status of the construction work on the overpass and when will they be finished?

Also while talking about places-if you go further down Perkins towards College on the left in the Southdowns shopping center, Marcellos opened up a restuarant pretty similar to the one here in Lafayette-very good

Quote Originally Posted by LsuULfan View Post
    _ I especially like Di Guilio's

What is the status of the construction work on the overpass and when will they be finished?

Also while talking about places-if you go further down Perkins towards College on the left in the Southdowns shopping center, Marcellos opened up a restuarant pretty similar to the one here in Lafayette-very good _
    T., try Roberto's in St. Gabriel sometime when you get a chance. Some of the best food around.

I still think the best burger is the big Ground Pati' job on Johnston in Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by 4LSU View Post
    _ T., try Roberto's in St. Gabriel sometime when you get a chance. Some of the best food around.

An awesome suggestion!

Roberto's provides a very unique experience, particularly if you have any out of state visitors along. The original building was built around 1850 and is still very authentic, and Roberto is a "hands on" restauranteer that will stop by and talk at your table.

http://www.robertosrestaurant.net/

T., try Roberto's in St. Gabriel sometime when you get a chance. Some of the best food around.

DCJR#2 used to cook there. Some say it is not quite as good as it once was.

According to the owner of Chelsea's, the construction is almost complete. The bridge structure itself is 100% complete and only needs to be paved/resurfaced,

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by dhuval View Post
    _ I live in the Garden District and there are several good places around the Perkins Road overpass within a block of each other where the locals eat, including George's (burgers, po-boys), Ivar's (burgers, po-boys), Parrain's (seafood), Di Guilio Brothers (Italian), and Chelsea's Cafe (seafood, burgers, po-boys, salads), Zippy's (Mexican). All local, no chains. _
    All good suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ DCJR#2 used to cook there. Some say it is not quite as good as it once was.
    _
    WeLLLLLl, if it was better before, then I missed a treat cause it's dang good now! I took some people Friday, we all tried different dishes, and everything was excellent. imo

On the Voodoo, the pulled pork is the way to go.

One more suggestion for anyone that has ever set out on the proverbial quest looking for that hole in the wall obscure location with the best burgers on the planet.look no further than Burger Delight on Airline north of Gonzales.

Do not be fooled by external appearances, it's actually downright dangerous at times to try to get in and out of due to the dang cars amassed along the side of the road waiting on orders.

Attached Images Attached Images  

On the Voodoo, the pulled pork is the way to go. _

I'm 4 blocks away but you can have all of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by drumroll View Post
    One more suggestion for anyone that has ever set out on the proverbial quest looking for that hole in the wall obscure location with the best burgers on the planet.look no further than Burger Delight on Airline north of Gonzales.

Do not be fooled by external appearances, it's actually downright dangerous at times to try to get in and out of due to the dang cars amassed along the side of the road waiting on orders. _

Have you been to "The Cabin" lately? I haven't and I'm just wondering if it's any good.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information