Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Where to eat in Baton Rouge

Default Re: Where to eat in Baton Rouge

yeah i would just stop in lobdale either on the way in or out

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    _ yeah i would just stop in lobdale either on the way in or out _
    May even stop off in Gross Tete and eat a Gaspagoo and Cheese Poboy at the Stop & Dine Gas Station!

$10 a duplicate of this thread comes back in August/September time frame

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by DFW Tiger View Post
    Walk On's food is really average; really really average, but the beer is cold and the servers are hot.
    A good way to characterize Walk-ons is that it's a step above Chili's in food quality.

But only 1 step.

Walk On's has a good atmosphere, great location, and it's a fun place to grab a few drinks. However, the food is very average. Having said that, I'll probably end up there before the game today. They opened another Walk On's in Baton Rouge and I don't think it will do nearly as well due it being away from LSU.

Voodoo BBQ is awesome!!! Last auditing trip I made out there I know we ate there 2 or 3 times, just because its a safe bet. BTW Drusilla Seafood is quite possibly the worst seafood resteraunt in the known universe. God, BR how can you screw up seafood when your such a cajun town? Guess that one answers itself.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    _ Awesome, that place has a cool concept and pretty good food. I just wish Voodoo BBQ would head our way! _

Speaking of Voodoo, I haven't made it there yet. They just opened one up that is basically on campus and I've heard good things about it.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ So you have about 3 hours to kill before game time.

Where do you eat in BR (drink also)?

TIA! _
    Pastime. It's a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by bballholic View Post
    _ Speaking of Voodoo, I haven't made it there yet. They just opened one up that is basically on campus and I've heard good things about it. _
    The Buffalo Chicken Tenders are one of the best things I have eaten in a while. Voodoo is a must eat kinda place. Kinda like Canes when it first opened, sometimes you just had to eat there.

_ The Buffalo Chicken Tenders are one of the best things I have eaten in a while. Voodoo is a must eat kinda place. Kinda like Canes when it first opened, sometimes you just had to eat there. _

Thanks, I'll definitely try it out in the near future.

_ Speaking of Voodoo, I haven't made it there yet. They just opened one up that is basically on campus and I've heard good things about it. _
    On Nicholson, near the North Gates, in the Fieldhouse condo development. Pretty good and convenient to the Box

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Voodoo is pretty decent bbq. nothing fancy about it. From traveling around the south and Texas. Louisiana doesn't have the best barbeque places (Louisiana people consider barbeque something you do at home or at tailgating). Louisiana has too many other great eat out food options. Other southern states and Texas put barbeque high on the list of primary eateries. Voodoo isn't too bad. I didn't realize one was coming to Lafayette. I hope it sticks. most bbq places in Lafayette don't.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Where to eat in Baton Rouge

God, BR how can you screw up seafood when your such a cajun town? Guess that one answers itself. _
    OK Hawk. Let's get something straight. Baton Rouge IS NOT a Cajun town!!! Redneck, maybe. The fools at lsua&mc@br started talking like they were Cajun after U(S)L made the name CAJUNS famous!!! By the way, VooDoo Bar-B-Que DOES ROCK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    _ OK Hawk. Let's get something straight. Baton Rouge IS NOT a Cajun town!!! Redneck, maybe. The fools at lsua&mc@br started talking like they were Cajun after U(S)L made the name CAJUNS famous!!! By the way, VooDoo Bar-B-Que DOES ROCK!!! _
    My bad, the sarcasm indicator wasnt on about BR being a cajun town. Voodoo come to lafayette please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    OK Hawk. Let's get something straight. Baton Rouge IS NOT a Cajun town!!! Redneck, maybe. The fools at lsua&mc@br started talking like they were Cajun after U(S)L made the name CAJUNS famous!!! By the way, VooDoo Bar-B-Que DOES ROCK!!!
    I tried VooDoo's off Jeff Hwy & Drusilla once back when it first opened. "Fool me once, shame on you" as they say.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information