Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: Rogers or Lee??

Default Re: Rogers or Lee??

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I bow to your loyalty and continued anguish in the event this comes true. but you will be one lonely red dot in a sea of empty seats. please wear floaties and beware of the undertow. it will be a rough voyage. in the event. _
    I guess you are right. At some point the appeal of bad basketball and over priced beer will wear off.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    _ It's not completely about the money. Lee has everyone graduating and there's always the threat of kids transferring if he gets fired. The players seem to like him a lot. _
    I'm not doubting that our admin will make the wrong decision. but, only an ignorant admin listens to the players and/or their parents. Players/parents almost always love a "likeable" coach. Players soon forget that they had their chance to support Lee on the floor. practice floor. this past season. Even they could not overcome bad coaching. If being silly and leaving the program is a few players' response. be gone with them. Selecting a good coach will retain the best young men, attract some new ones, and we might actually see some good coaching.

The big no-no is when an admin allows this to fester. Players have far too much time to become defensive about it when we should already be introducing them to the new coach. another person I believe they will learn to love. along with their mommy.

Jerry Baldwin had some players/parents barking on his behalf as well. That was in season 2 of the Baldwin episode. Again, you do not listen to the players when it comes to coaching retention. You sit down with them and "feel their pain". And then, as grown-ups, you make the right decision on their behalf.

No one ever asked the UL admin to figure these complex things out. I've always said "You aren't knowledgable enough to do this by yourself. copy other great programs. No one has to know. Just do it and we'll all praise you for it."

_ It's not completely about the money. Lee has everyone graduating and there's always the threat of kids transferring if he gets fired. The players seem to like him a lot. _
    Who cares if they transfer? What have they proven that would make us think we have such unbelievable talent that they can't be replaced?

Well I care if a team leader like Bureau transfers. I'm not saying I want Lee to stay, I'm just saying I think he will.

_ Well I care if a team leader like Bureau transfers. I'm not saying I want Lee to stay, I'm just saying I think he will. _
    Bureau a leader? Are you serious?

I meant leader in regards to scoring, I didn't mean to be so vague.

"I am tired of banging my head against a wall that does not appear to be showing signs of cracking any time soon."

I know I'm late on this, but were you referring to the wall or your head cracking? Just checking.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information