Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Rogers or Lee??

Default Rogers or Lee??

If David Walker looks at the current situation in regards to both the women's and men's basketball programs and financially decides that it is not possible to fire both and hire replacements who are of quality caliber, who would guys rather see go?

My vote is reluctantly for Lee considering the women's program has never really taken off so it is not as severely damaged and in need of repair as the mens.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Rogers or Lee??

Leelee Lee Lee Leee leleeleeleee.

We're talking f#%n Lee.

3. Default Re: Rogers or Lee??

Rogers, he should have been replaced after year one for performing as bad as he did with TWO 1000 point shooters on the team.

At least Lee's teams showed glimpses.

Lee! Men's basketball will do more for the school than women's basketball.

5. Default Re: Rogers or Lee??

Under this hypothetical only one move available scenario. . .

I picked Rogers because I don't like sending the message that ultra bad programs can run and hide at UL because they don’t matter.

Get rid of the worst of the worst first and work your way up to excellence across the board.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Rogers or Lee??

i vote to get rid of d. walker. nice guy, but. let's find an agressive asst. a.d. who can come in and groom farmer for future service. i know money talks, but there's got to be some agressive asst. out there (bcs program) who would like to use us as his stepping stone. i say use us, man, use us! i think the continued debate between this one and that one is just arguing over small potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Under this hypothetical only one move available scenario. . .

I picked Rogers because I don't like sending the message that ultra bad programs can run and hide at UL because they don’t matter.

Get rid of the worst of the worst first and work your way up to excellence across the board. _
    You fix your higher profile program first! It's about money and tradition. And we have a chance to recoupe the money used to buy out the contract with an increase in season ticket sales. We have no chance of doing that in women's basketball,taking a $180K loss in such economic times.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Saint View Post
    _ i vote to get rid of d. walker. nice guy, but. let's find an agressive asst. a.d. who can come in and groom farmer for future service. i know money talks, but there's got to be some agressive asst. out there (bcs program) who would like to use us as his stepping stone. i say use us, man, use us! i think the continued debate between this one and that one is just arguing over small potatoes. _
    Since the public really never sees or hears from David Walker, I'll make an (un)educated guess that Scott Farmer is the de facto athletic director now. So why put off the inevitable? We've waited for decades to get the ship launched, so let's raise anchor and christen the thing already!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ You fix your higher profile program first! It's about money and tradition. And we have a chance to recoupe the money used to buy out the contract with an increase in season ticket sales. We have no chance of doing that in women's basketball,taking a $180K loss in such economic times. _
    I would go along with your line of thinking if waiting a year would result in a better replacement WBB coach. To me, the kiss of death is making another bad hire, because you would be paying two coaches for the same results and still need another coach.

Unfortunately, I think the athletic department will decide that things are so bad that replacing both of them now can't be avoided.

10. Default Re: Rogers or Lee??

_ You fix your higher profile program first! It's about money and tradition. And we have a chance to recoupe the money used to buy out the contract with an increase in season ticket sales. We have no chance of doing that in women's basketball,taking a $180K loss in such economic times. _
    Good logic.

I just have a problem with rewarding the biggest loser.

Under the scenario of this thread I also would be more lenient on Lee because I feel the administration forced him into going the failed HS only route. This was basically starting the program over from scratch, a very immature move.

I think that is part of why they would give him a 2 year extension which was based in part on the failure of the rest of the Sun Belt West.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Good logic.

_ Good logic.

Under the scenario of this thread I also would be more lenient on Lee because I feel the administration forced him into going the failed HS only route. This was basically starting the program over from scratch, a very immature move.

I think that is part of why they would give him a 2 year extension which was based in part on the failure of the rest of the Sun Belt West. _
    No, that decision was Coach Lee's. The administration did not force him to go the high school route in recruiting. That decision came after the class with Turner and a few others. It was not a good recruiting class period.

Again, all this speculation may be mute if the administration decides to terminate both coaches. But if we cannot, then terminating Coach Lee has the most potential upside economically for this athletic program.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ Leelee Lee Lee Leee leleeleeleee.

We're talking f#%n Lee. _
    lol!!! Any time you can work in a Tenacious D quote, you should get bonus points on this board!
    But I agree. New MBB coach = increased revenue for the school. New WBB coach improves the program but has little or no economic impact. In these tough economic times I think that is the only way to look at it.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_
    All depends on your definition of the "biggest loser". I define the biggest loser as the one who had a much bigger program, rich with a history of success, with a load of fans, with many years in the system, with his own choice of players, and whose performance has a greater impact on the well-being of UL's athletic perception among its totality of followers. and has failed.

15. Default Re: Rogers or Lee??

_ No, that decision was Coach Lee's. The administration did not force him to go the high school route in recruiting.
    I just remember Wright Waters in a radio interview state he was going to pressure (or something similar) the Sun Belt athletic departments to quit relying so heavily on the JC route.

It was soon after that interview that the big ONLY HS recruiting route for Ragin' CAjuns basketball was made public.

Right or wrong I put the 2 together.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information