Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: in need of an IT professional

Default Re: in need of an it professional

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    rh-i don't have tape but we do have a huge stack of blu rays for hard copies and i'm now uploading to carbonite, even with lus 80mbs it is taking FOREVER. so we have some redundancy i just don't wanna have to reconnect everything again.
    Trying to check that much storage space with any kind of diagnostics software would take days. To me it sounds like your best option is to replace the drive that's acting up in the 0 stack and then rebuild it.

yeah the live 0 set up is our live online edit, i back up to 7 tb raid 3, the raid 3 is intact i just have 1 folder which has all of my scans of old photos thats got some random issues i didnt know existed. visually the images look like a drive is unhealthy, but the led's on the tower don't report anything and the pre boot check disk doesnt report any bad sectors but again something looks off. if anyone knows how to diagnose these things you can swing by if you are so inclined to help a brotha out.
    i actually hope one drive on the raid is faulty so i can swap it and be done with it. rather than manually check through 5.5tb of files.

oh and the mac...jigga please. i wasnt paying 16k just for the damn box. built my own frankenstein for 2k. the raid 0 is a dice roll but other than that 11tb storage inside, intel 3.5 and 24 gigs of ram for 2k, 2 decent video cards for 2k is hard to pass up
    I want to learn that language!.. Does Rosetta stone
    carry that one?...

besides reb, theres no polarizing fight the system documentary template in imovie...burn
    Sure there is. This was made on a Mac.

yeah the live 0 set up is our live online edit, i back up to 7 tb raid 3, the raid 3 is intact i just have 1 folder which has all of my scans of old photos thats got some random issues i didnt know existed. visually the images look like a drive is unhealthy, but the led's on the tower don't report anything and the pre boot check disk doesnt report any bad sectors but again something looks off. if anyone knows how to diagnose these things you can swing by if you are so inclined to help a brotha out.
    i actually hope one drive on the raid is faulty so i can swap it and be done with it. rather than manually check through 5.5tb of files.

oh and the mac...jigga please. i wasnt paying 16k just for the damn box. built my own frankenstein for 2k. the raid 0 is a dice roll but other than that 11tb storage inside, intel 3.5 and 24 gigs of ram for 2k, 2 decent video cards for 2k is hard to pass up

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: in need of an IT professional

update-looks like the raid 3 issue was the usb 3 connection, switched to hardware raid controller and all good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information