Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Tigue?

Default New Tigue?

Anyone have any updates on when we can expect the renovation/expansion of the Tigue? And what it might look like, etc.?

Default Re: New Tigue?

I heard from a buddy of mine that the Track/Soccer upgrades are being put on the back seat. In other words, we will be going from Phase I straight to Phase III. Baseball should be completed, IMO, by the start of the 2016 season. But who knows, my buddy could be full of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I heard from a buddy of mine that the Track/Soccer upgrades are being put on the back seat. In other words, we will be going from Phase I straight to Phase III. Baseball should be completed, IMO, by the start of the 2016 season. But who knows, my buddy could be full of it.
    Track/soccer is not being put on hold. Ground breaking for the APC is next week (I think). Soccer/track should come into play soon as well.

Why would we go straight into Phase III? Are we skipping Phase II, which includes the upper deck renovations to Cajun Field? Tigue renovations are also part of Phase II.

Noticed the tennis courts were resurfaced a few days ago. Is this part of any "phases" or a donation?

Track and Soccer will not be delayed. The Tigue renovations were jumping up because of private donations. That being said I heard that one of the very, very large donors that was stepping up passed away last week. Not sure where we stand on The Tigue right now.

I really wish they would add more seating. I know they plan on closing in the two V-shaped gaps between the grandstand and bleachers, but to my knowledge that is the only seating being added.

I wish they would expand the bleachers further down the foul lines.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    I really wish they would add more seating. I know they plan on closing in the two V-shaped gaps between the grandstand and bleachers, but to my knowledge that is the only seating being added.

I wish they would expand the bleachers further down the foul lines.
    The only way the gaps in the stands would be closed are as a completely new grandstand is built and the bleachers are tied in to the new grandstand. The word was that the walkways at the bottom of the bleachers would connect to the new grandstand so you could walk end to end. The original renderings also had a walkway along the top of the grandstands as well which I think would be a great area for smaller concession stands similar to what TA&M does down their left field line.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    Track/soccer is not being put on hold. Ground breaking for the APC is next week (I think). Soccer/track should come into play soon as well.

Why would we go straight into Phase III? Are we skipping Phase II, which includes the upper deck renovations to Cajun Field? Tigue renovations are also part of Phase II.
    Good point. I am just telling you what I heard.

Track locker room should begin in December.

Track/Soccer cannot be put on hold any longer unless you want the justice dept snooping around for Title IX violations.

What about title IX has stopped the P5 from paying players of the revenue generating sports (football and men's basketball) and why would they look at a school deciding to upgrade certain facilities first, by demand (remember our regional and super regional dilemma)?

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    What about title IX has stopped the P5 from paying players of the revenue generating sports (football and men's basketball) and why would they look at a school deciding to upgrade certain facilities first, by demand (remember our regional and super regional dilemma)?
    Because P5 schools make money for the NCAA. We don't.

Why wouldn't a brand new state of the art softball stadium take care of our title IX requirements for at least a little while?

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Why wouldn't a brand new state of the art softball stadium take care of our title IX requirements for at least a little while?
    I think it has something to do with men and women track athletes having to share the same locker room atm

15. Default Re: New Tigue?

Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    I think it has something to do with men and women track athletes having to share the same locker room atm
    ---I think one of the plans has to have an athletic training table for all sports where any athlete can come dine at different hours---Title 9 would be partially filled by this---But what a great concept on one floor of the new athletic building/football stadium!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information