Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Nebraska @ UL - Game 4

Default Re: Nebraska @ UL - Game 4

Enjoyed two games at Moore Field this weekend and the one on the tube this afternoon. First of all, enjoyed the games and I am glad baseball season is here. Happy for the win and of course a little bumed about the losses. I'm not sure what to expect this year, after last years, what I'll call "somewhat of a disaster and very much a disappointment" and the not so great preseason predictions. But I'm a fan and will support this team, its a new season and we're in first place in the Belt.

I really can't be critical of the efforts of the players, the coaching, or the enthusastic and supportive fans, but I am really disappointed in the overall condition of the tigue or am I the only one that noticed.

I understood that some "big money" was on the way to redue the tigue, and maybe it didn't arrive soon enough or whatever, and maybe the university didn't want to waste any other dollars fixing minor things at the ball park, but all in all, it looked like crap!!!

Now I wasn't looking for negatives at the park, but there were little things that really bothered me and should have been taken care of before Friday night. Why wasn't burnt lights replaced on the score board, the the badly torn and worn sign above the souvenir shop could have taken down and the "patchwork" tar paper on the dugouts fixed. I'm sorry but these things, I guess, bothered me and annoyed me enough to complain, mainly because we were hosting a "big time" program who brought down a bunch of fans, and probably left thinking our facilities are a joke.

I was told that Nebraska has one of the finest ballparks in the country and I sure there fans left here, not to impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunmole View Post
    _ Enjoyed two games at Moore Field this weekend and the one on the tube this afternoon. First of all, enjoyed the games and I am glad baseball season is here. Happy for the win and of course a little bumed about the losses. I'm not sure what to expect this year, after last years, what I'll call "somewhat of a disaster and very much a disappointment" and the not so great preseason predictions. But I'm a fan and will support this team, its a new season and we're in first place in the Belt.

I really can't be critical of the efforts of the players, the coaching, or the enthusastic and supportive fans, but I am really disappointed in the overall condition of the tigue or am I the only one that noticed.

I understood that some "big money" was on the way to redue the tigue, and maybe it didn't arrive soon enough or whatever, and maybe the university didn't want to waste any other dollars fixing minor things at the ball park, but all in all, it looked like crap!!!

Now I wasn't looking for negatives at the park, but there were little things that really bothered me and should have been taken care of before Friday night. Why wasn't burnt lights replaced on the score board, the the badly torn and worn sign above the souvenir shop could have taken down and the "patchwork" tar paper on the dugouts fixed. I'm sorry but these things, I guess, bothered me and annoyed me enough to complain, mainly because we were hosting a "big time" program who brought down a bunch of fans, and probably left thinking our facilities are a joke.

I was told that Nebraska has one of the finest ballparks in the country and I sure there fans left here, not to impressed. _

That has always been one of my pet peaves with UL, the lack of attending to detail. It is often the little things that make a difference, especially when your facilities are older and UL just never seems to get it. I wonder who is in charge of game day and facility management. Whoever it is does a terrible job of it in ALL sports. You would think they would meet on these things, do walk thrus and point out deficiencies to take care of. Just another example of why we remain a lower level mid-major in every sense of that phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    _ the A-hole coach for Nebraska cost us another inning of baseball and another possible chance to win with his retarded antics. If anything, the call was interference on nebraska for standing in the baseline. If the call went the other way, you might as well just make your first baseman stand on the basepath 2 feet in front of first base every play. _
    It all depends on what call was made. If the pitcher drifted into the baseline while trying to get under the pop-up and make a play, by rule he has the right to the ball which would result in a interference call on the baserunner. The fielder has the right of way until it has crossed the baseline between 1st and 2nd or 2nd and 3rd. The only thing I can see is that the umpires ruled that the play was being made by the 1st baseman and he was not interfered with. Therefore, no call is made and the play stands.

Just got back from the Alex Parade and I don't understand what happenned?? granted I have been drinking since 10:00 a.m.?

What the hell is going on? We go 15 in one game and we tied in the last game?

5. Default Re: Nebraska @ UL - Game 4

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ That has always been one of my pet peaves with UL, the lack of attending to detail. It is often the little things that make a difference, especially when your facilities are older and UL just never seems to get it. I wonder who is in charge of game day and facility management. Whoever it is does a terrible job of it in ALL sports. You would think they would meet on these things, do walk thrus and point out deficiencies to take care of. Just another example of why we remain a lower level mid-major in every sense of that phrase. _
    I hate the old script font of Louisiana behind home plate---BAD in person and on TV!!!!!

Like I said in my previous post. These two teams could play 100 times and it would end like they have.

Even if it is a tie. I think the Cajuns will have a good year.

Geaux Louisiana!

UL Baseball Re: Nebraska @ UL - Game 4

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Like I said in my previous post. These two teams could play 100 times and it would end like they have.

Even if it is a tie. I think the Cajuns will have a good year.

Geaux Louisiana!
    Once again I have to agree with you. This should be a good year. We pitched well, played good D and hit the ball. We were competitive in all phases of the game, it's just that baseball got the better of us this weekend.

I am freakin' sun burned from sitting out there today! When will I learn? EVERY time I go this happens!

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    _ Once again I have to agree with you. This should be a good year. We pitched well, played good D and hit the ball. We were competitive in all phases of the game, it's just that baseball got the better of us this weekend. _
    The game was called because Nebraska had to drive to New Orleans to catch a flight. Why are teams not able to fly into Lafayette? That is pretty brutal to play a game, take a 3 hour bus ride, then fly to Omaha and likely another bus ride to Lincoln. I thought Lafayette was pretty accessable and that was one of its benefits over, say, LA Tech. But, if teams have to bus to N.O., that is no different than having to bus from Ruston to Shreveport. In fact, it is worse because it is a longer trip.

What does it mean to finish a game "under protest"? What does that do?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ The game was called because Nebraska had to drive to New Orleans to catch a flight. Why are teams not able to fly into Lafayette? That is pretty brutal to play a game, take a 3 hour bus ride, then fly to Omaha and likely another bus ride to Lincoln. I thought Lafayette was pretty accessable and that was one of its benefits over, say, LA Tech. But, if teams have to bus to N.O., that is no different than having to bus from Ruston to Shreveport. In fact, it is worse because it is a longer trip. _
    Good God!Teams don't have to fly out New Orleans, that is the difference. Lafayette does have an airport, but it is cheaper to fly out of New Orleans or Houston. You would think someone that lives in Houston would know that much about Lafayette! Give it a freaken break just one day!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ What does it mean to finish a game "under protest"? What does that do? _
    From the way it was explained on TV, a video copy of the play is sent to the NCAA and they make a determination.

Is that what I heard, or am I dreaming this???

Z

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    What does it mean to finish a game "under protest"? What does that do?
    It makes the nebraska coach look dumb when he sees it on replay.

igeaux.mobi

ooh LA La. Re: Nebraska @ UL - Game 4

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    From the way it was explained on TV, a video copy of the play is sent to the NCAA and they make a determination.

Is that what I heard, or am I dreaming this???

Z
    Z,
    Maybe if they look at the replay, they'll see that our runner WAS safe at home plate.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ Good God!Teams don't have to fly out New Orleans, that is the difference. Lafayette does have an airport, but it is cheaper to fly out of New Orleans or Houston. You would think someone that lives in Houston would know that much about Lafayette! Give it a freaken break just one day! _
    Our baseball team flies out of New Orleans most of the time and there are several reasons for that:

1. A baseball team travels more than 30 people. Try getting that many on a commuter jet. You couldn't do it if you had booked a year in advance.

2. Cost is, in fact, considerably cheaper.

3. It's must easier to get back to your home base on Sunday night if you're flying out of a bigger city. Cajuns can never get back to Lafayette playing on Sunday because of flight schedules.

Think about it for a minute and the answers become clearer. I knew before I asked that Nebraska had flown out of New Orleans. Continental only flies commuter jets from Houston to Omaha that late at night. Probably the same thing with American and Northwest.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information