Thread: Louiaiana Sets Record For Football Season Tickets

1. Ragin' Cajuns Louiaiana Sets Record For Football Season Tickets

Coming off a third straight nine-win season, a third consecutive victory in a bowl game and the 2013 Sun Belt Championship, the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns have set a new school record for football season tickets with just over three weeks to go until the kickoff of the 2014 season.

The current total of 12,276 marks the fourth consecutive year the Ragin' Cajuns have set a season-ticket record, eclipsing last year's mark of 11,833.

"With the excitement building off the past three years, our fans have come out in full force," UL Ticket Manager Matt Casbon said. "Those fans that have been here a long time have really continued their support, and our hat goes off to them for increasing their season ticket purchases. With the new fan base that we're receiving, we can't thank them enough for joining our team and allowing us to break the season ticket record for a fourth straight year."

Louisiana, which finished 9-4 last season and claimed its first Sun Belt Conference championship since 2005, will open its fourth season under head coach Mark Hudspeth on Aug. 30 when it faces in-state opponent Southern. The meeting will be the second between the schools with the Ragin' Cajuns earning a 42-19 victory on Sept. 5, 2009 before a Cajun Field-record crowd of 41,357.

"We're really excited to break the record so early, but that was to be expected after a third straight bowl win," Hudspeth said. "My challenge to our fans is that we can still do so much more. I really feel that we will do that before the first game and I encourage our fans who haven't bought season tickets to get them now and join in the excitement of great college football at Cajun Field."

Season ticket packages start for as low as $110 for a six-game slate that features dates against in-state opponents Southern (Aug. 30) and Louisiana Tech (Sept. 6), plus Sun Belt Conference games against Georgia State (Oct. 4), Arkansas State (Oct. 21), South Alabama (Nov. 1) and Appalachian State (Nov. 22).

Reserved seating begins at $135 and midfield seats are available for $150. Fans can also take advantage of the "Family 5-Pack," which consists of five tickets per game, for $405. Corporate/Group tickets discounts are also available for groups of 25 or more.

Ragin' Cajuns fans that purchase season tickets will also have the ability to print their tickets at home and will have mobile ticket access on their smartphone.

The venerable stadium will see several new changes this season, highlighted by the addition of approximately 6,000 seats in the south end zone which will increase capacity to nearly 37,000. With the expansion of the south end zone, fans will be able to access a new concession stand and restroom facility.

A new video display system will also be in place for the beginning of the season, featuring a 15HD pixel layout and measure 30-feet tall by 54-feet wide. The display can be configured to show one large image for live video and instant replays, but can also be divided into multiple sections to show a variety of graphics and animations, statistics and scoring information, and advertising and sponsorship messages.

For more information, call the Ragin' Cajuns ticket office at 337-265-2357
    Visit www.RaginCajuns.com/SeasonTickets

Homes SO Clean

2. Default Re: Louiaiana Sets Record For Football Season Tickets

443 new season tickets.

15,000 total has to be the 2014 goal.

Default Re: Louiaiana Sets Record For Football Season Tickets

But we JUST started our season ticket campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4ever View Post
    But we JUST started our season ticket campaign?
    AND.Our Tailgating is not family friendly!!!

5. Default Re: Louiaiana Sets Record For Football Season Tickets

400 extra doesn't begin to fill 6,000 new seats.

Time to get busy on the season ticket drive.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    AND.Our Tailgating is not family friendly!!!
    I know,right? I would've thought that no cars driving in and around the tailgating sections would be favorable to families with children running around, but what do I know?

15,000 or bust, come on Cajun Nation, wake up and get your friends over to Cajun Field this year as some of the Newest Football Season Ticket holders!

Quote Originally Posted by sdf1012 View Post
    I know,right? I would've thought that no cars driving in and around the tailgating sections would be favorable to families with children running around, but what do I know?
    Well, I will say this. Back when you could drive in and out and park, I never noticed a whole lot of problems with cars and kids and such. I did see problems when we hired Lofton security as a private contractor. They must have dozens of officers and such across the entire area and they have a tailgating tent right by us that they call homebase for all of these officers where they come in and get refreshments and such. They were the worst about flying in their cars in and out of the area. We nearly came to blows with a few of their officers one day when our kids were playing and we asked them to not drive in and out so much and they told us our kids shouldn't be playing in the tailgate area. Almost went badly.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    15,000 or bust, come on Cajun Nation, wake up and get your friends over to Cajun Field this year as some of the Newest Football Season Ticket holders!
    And for the love of man, please actually go to the games!!!

No job means no football for me

Quote Originally Posted by sdf1012 View Post
    Any one buying tickets now ain't getting a tailgate spot so wouldn't make a difference.

Thread Information