Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: ul vs ne

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: ul vs ne

I wasn't there, so I can't say much about the strike zone. Jay kept saying Dugas was calling it consistent. I thought early on it seemed like we were going to jump on first pitches and get aggressive. It seemed like we backed off in the extra innings. I didn't like bunting with no outs, after we had already moved a runner into scoring position at 2nd. Had it worked, I'd probably be singing a different tune.

I like aggressive bats. I don't like passing on any good pitches. any. Guy throws a strike for a first pitch. tag it. I think 85% of coaches overthink at the plate 85% of the time IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    _ Man, try being freezing cold, sticken around for ALL 15 innings to see the game end just like so many games last year. Hicks didn't hit and didn't field, the fact that he was in the game in the 15th was disappointing to me. I'll be really upset if he is in the lineup tomorrow.

On the positive side, I think we have one heck of a player in Osbourne. Between him and cooke, I feel much better about our weekend pitching situation.

One last note, could the umpire be any worse? The guy's strike zone was all over the place and pretty much cost me 2 hours of my life when he had a bogus "ball" that would and should have been strike 3 in the 9th, game over.

Hopefully the bats wake up tomorrow. _

I was sitting right behind the plate and I remember that exact pitch. It wasn't a good pitch, but it shouldn't have come down to that.

When we had the bases loaded with one out I was sure that Tony was going to try the squeeze. But instead, we had two strike outs. Aaaaarrrggghhh

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    _ I was sitting right behind the plate and I remember that exact pitch. It wasn't a good pitch, but it shouldn't have come down to that.

When we had the bases loaded with one out I was sure that Tony was going to try the squeeze. But instead, we had two strike outs. Aaaaarrrggghhh _
    You don't squeeze with the bases loaded because it is a force out at the plate.

Pitching was good, very good. A few infield oops didn't help at all. We struck out much too much. The guy that they had in at the end of the game was pretty lights out seeing that we couldn't hit a softball. When you have the bases juiced with 1 out and you need a run to win and we couldn't even make contact, thats frustrating. I'm not basing the season on a game. The hitting will come around. Still a little peeved that I froze my twig and berries off for a 15 inning loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I wasn't there, so I can't say much about the strike zone. Jay kept saying Dugas was calling it consistent. I thought early on it seemed like we were going to jump on first pitches and get aggressive. It seemed like we backed off in the extra innings. I didn't like bunting with no outs, after we had already moved a runner into scoring position at 2nd. Had it worked, I'd probably be singing a different tune.

I like aggressive bats. I don't like passing on any good pitches. any. Guy throws a strike for a first pitch. tag it. I think 85% of coaches overthink at the plate 85% of the time IMO. _
    I was there, and I thought the strike/ball calling was consistent, something that is seldom seen at the Tigue. Was there some "iffys". I'm certain that some in the audience thought so, because at times there were some light groans.

The frigging cold took away from an exciting game. Of course I should have gone prepared for the expected temp. Unfortunately, I didn't expect it to go into extra innings.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information