Thread: Haack leads race for UL's backup quarterback

1. UL Football Haack leads race for UL's backup quarterback

The UL football team in 2014 is set for a starting quarterback with senior Terrance Broadway, the Sun Belt Conference's Preseason Offensive Player of the Year.

Default Re: Haack leads race for UL's backup quarterback

I'm hoping the Ragin Cajuns can get way ahead on this first game against Southern so that Haack can get some real playing time in. In college, experience is a huge factor.

Yes, he needs some in game reps. I admit, I was one who jumped off the deep end with his play against South Al. But in retro, our whole team played horrible, plus South's D was pretty darn good. Hoping all our QB's develop well, judging off last few seasons we will need them at some point.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I'm hoping the Ragin Cajuns can get way ahead on this first game against Southern so that Haack can get some real playing time in. In college, experience is a huge factor.
    I hope we get way ahead in all 13 contests, and all backups get some real playing time. Hope is a beautiful thing. You can limit it to something reasonable. You can get a little carried away. Or you can outright get ridiculous with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I hope we get way ahead in all 13 contests, and all backups get some real playing time. Hope is a beautiful thing. You can limit it to something reasonable. You can get a little carried away. Or you can outright get ridiculous with it.
    . like a second marriage - the triumph of hope over experience.

What I hate about the times we have had opportunities to get back up game experience is that it turns into our back QB practicing his hand offs. I understand not running up the score but what's the point of getting our back ups in if they can't run the entire offense.

I just hope we can protect our QBs. If they have time they'll be fine. They were under duress way too much last season.

What passes Haack threw were very basic flat passes. Have to let him play with intent to score.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Yes, I like the kind that applies to a realistic view of what can happen. Too much hope and you will surely be disappointed with the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    What passes Haack threw were very basic flat passes. Have to let him play with intent to score.
    Just put him in at the end of the ULMost game and let him go deep!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    Yes, he needs some in game reps. I admit, I was one who jumped off the deep end with his play against South Al. But in retro, our whole team played horrible, plus South's D was pretty darn good. Hoping all our QB's develop well, judging off last few seasons we will need them at some point.
    The problem was that our expectations were all pumped up by the ULM game where he played really well in relief of Broadway. The other issue was that there were some that made him out to be the second coming of Jake Delhomme before he ever played a meaningful snap in college, which is not all that uncommon, but it created false expectations for him that were not realistic nor were they fair for him.

And yes, USA's defense was probably the best defense in the SBC last year and they were peaking at the right time when they played us. To be honest, I believe they would have beaten us with a healthy Broadway at that time as both teams were just going in different directions at that time of the season.

Haack will be fine and I expect him to make some good strides this season. He will get some work in at some point early in the season and he should be much more comfortable back there in the event we need him.

Thread Information