Thread: Ragin' Cajuns Upset #75 UNO

1. UL Tennis Ragin' Cajuns Upset #75 UNO

New Orleans, La. - Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns men’s tennis team came away with a huge 6-1 victory Sunday over the 75 ranked Privateers of New Orleans. The match was originally scheduled to take place on Saturday but rain forced the match to be postponed until Sunday afternoon.

The victory moves the Ragin’ Cajuns record to 2-0 on the season and have earned 13 out of a possible 14 points in their two matches.

The doubles point was hard fought, but the Ragin’ Cajuns came away with two victories and took the point. The Ragin’ Cajuns got doubles victories from Piotr Banas and partner Yanick Mandl and the team of Arlen Domoney and Javier Pulgar-Garcia.

In the singles portion the Ragin’ Cajuns got victories from the top two people in their line-up. Banas won a three set thriller 6-7, 6-4, 11-9. Pulgar-Garcia got a 6-1, 6-1 win from the second position.

UNO’s Vinay Kamineni beat Bradley Bristow for New Orleans’ only win.

Also picking up wins for the Ragin’ Cajuns were Yanick Mandl 6-0, 6-2; Arlen Domoney 6-1, 6-2; and Neil Schneider 6-3, 4-6, 10-7.

“This was a great result, especially with it coming on the road,” said Coach Mark Jeffrey about the Ragin’ Cajuns win. He added, “I hope that the fans will get a chance to come watch this team when we return home.”

The Ragin’ Cajuns will be back in action Thursday February, 19 when The Ragin’ Cajuns travel to Thibodaux to take on Nicholls State at 1:30 p.m.

RaginCajuns.com

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Upset #75 UNO

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    Crushed #75? Cant be possible cause we su.ck.

Z

UL Tennis Re: Ragin' Cajuns Upset #75 UNO

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Crushed #75? Cant be possible cause we su.ck.

Z
    I was upset by this email when I got it too! Who would write such an article name? How low must we be ranked for the article to be titled "Cajuns Upset #75 UNO"?

Why do the polls even go that low? Who really cares after the top 30-45 teams anyway? Where are we ranked? Are we ranked?

If we are upsetting the #75 team in the country we would have to be ranked under #200 for that to be an upset. If not, that is not an upset. It is just called a win.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    _ I was upset by this email when I got it too! Who would write such an article name? How low must we be ranked for the article to be titled "Cajuns Upset #75 UNO"?

Why do the polls even go that low? Who really cares after the top 30-45 teams anyway? Where are we ranked? Are we ranked?

If we are upsetting the #75 team in the country we would have to be ranked under #200 for that to be an upset. If not, that is not an upset. It is just called a win. _
    All of our tennis players were 1 star recruits coming out of highschool.

Z

ps uneaux called us U.L.L.

Coach said we had a good chance to beat UNO and that it would get us into the top 75. Meaningful in tennis world.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun67 View Post
    _ Coach said we had a good chance to beat UNO and that it would get us into the top 75. Meaningful in tennis world. _
    I know it is. Turn your sarcasm detector on, 67.

Thread Information