Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Sunbelt Recruiting Rankings

Default Re: 2009 Sunbelt Recruiting Rankings

Hey Just1More,

Why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel !!!!!!!!
    Thing is I know we all feel the same way about UL and our gov't "leaders"

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    _ Interesting.

In terms of budget, and many here like to remind us that money is everything,....

Florida Atlantic is 5th in the SBC
    Troy is 6th in the SBC
    UL is 7th in the SBC

But hey, we're all in the SBC, which is college football purgatory, so money is not the deciding factor amongst ourselves. It's people.

As far as I can tell, WKU has some really exceptional people running their sports programs.

They are the unquestioned class of the league in basketball, and are picked to win the league this year in baseball as well after going to regionals last year.

They hire GREAT coaches, and I don't see any reason why their obvious committment to excellence shouldn't continue to the football field. _
    I think you hit the nail on the head. Few would argue that money doesn't help but it is not everything. Especially in the Belch. Where did you get that information?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    "...let's get together in 3-5 years..."
    If only judgments could be put off, huh. I'm afraid, good or bad, that's not the world we live in. It's all bout expectations and those don't normally wait 3-5 yrs anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ Hate, I can understand the train of thought in this last post... but... rankings are a result of something... not a cause. The cause is our admin... of everything we are. You can have the greatest fans in the world and an admin can completely destroy putting that fanship into motion. Ours (UL) has done that for decades. 98% of what we argue about on here is a result of bad administration.

I could care less about rankings, ratings, and stars. Are they a result? Yes. But, we do not need a whole lot of results to know we need to improve. The ratings and rankings are subjective. The scoreboard is not. That result tells me all I need to know. Our admin is the absolute only place to place our frustration. There isn't a fan on here that deserves any other fan's wrath. We are in-fighting because we are unhappy. I don't care about these outside delinquents that join in to stir up our aggravation... but those who support the program in any way need to focus their frustration at and on our admin.

Those guys are fortunate to have jobs at UL. They act like they "own" UL because they are employed where the bricks are. WE own UL... all of US. They get paid. We do not. Our badges are bigger... but they get to hold OUR keys to the facilities. Our biggest cultural problem at UL is that we hug these guys even when they are mediocre or less. They point to outsiders as our problems... and have been professionals historically at redirecting our aggravation at those outsiders. The outsiders suck, no doubt... but we have minimal control over them. The only way we are going to improve is for all of us to start giving our UL admin a massive dose of displeasure. Quit hugging these guys. They need to perform or either take a shot to the jaw... or get the heck off the property.

It is not the fans. It is the admin. Punch them in the mouth and then help them off the floor. Then kick them in the groin and pick them back up. Buy them a beer and tell them how much you like the Cajuns. Then, tell them that when they do a great job, you want to have a beer with them, eat good and laugh hard. But, remind them... fail to put us together and succeed... "remember the kick to the groin?"

So yes... because WE, the real fans, do not light a fire under our administration... Jay Walker is right... it is the fans at UL that are at fault. He thinks it is because we do not support enough. I agree. We need to start supporting our left leg as our right leg slams into our admins' butts.

If they have some "super RCAF" coming out soon... they need to know that we aren't "buying" some half-butt attempt. It better be measurable and their livelihoods need to be the penalty for non-conformance. It is how I feel about this ridiculous stimulus package coming out of Washington... and I feel the same way about our admin at UL. The people that run organizations these days... mostly with political skills only... are pathetic. _
    Amen brother... great post.... and if I have not been clear my real displeasure IS with the administration. The lack of committment to improve things.. the acceptance of mediocrity for YEARS... I do think the toruble lies with the fans but not for a lack of support...I think we can be blamed for not being more vocal in our displeasure of the way athletics is being run... I think we compare favorably with many of the mid majors attendance wise and that in light of the absymal products that are year in and year out put in front of us... Certainly there are exceptions like softball (missing them today but watching on KLAF... I will be there tonite) and baseball.... but as everyone knows football drives the bus ( to quote Tony) and that product is down right embarrassing... sorry folks but its true..... try being me... hating a&m@br while they are doing what they are doing and supporting my Cajuns.. I will always support them but I wont be quiet about this administration

_ Hate, I can understand the train of thought in this last post... but... rankings are a result of something... not a cause. The cause is our admin... of everything we are. You can have the greatest fans in the world and an admin can completely destroy putting that fanship into motion. Ours (UL) has done that for decades. 98% of what we argue about on here is a result of bad administration.

I could care less about rankings, ratings, and stars. Are they a result? Yes. But, we do not need a whole lot of results to know we need to improve. The ratings and rankings are subjective. The scoreboard is not. That result tells me all I need to know. Our admin is the absolute only place to place our frustration. There isn't a fan on here that deserves any other fan's wrath. We are in-fighting because we are unhappy. I don't care about these outside delinquents that join in to stir up our aggravation... but those who support the program in any way need to focus their frustration at and on our admin.

Those guys are fortunate to have jobs at UL. They act like they "own" UL because they are employed where the bricks are. WE own UL... all of US. They get paid. We do not. Our badges are bigger... but they get to hold OUR keys to the facilities. Our biggest cultural problem at UL is that we hug these guys even when they are mediocre or less. They point to outsiders as our problems... and have been professionals historically at redirecting our aggravation at those outsiders. The outsiders suck, no doubt... but we have minimal control over them. The only way we are going to improve is for all of us to start giving our UL admin a massive dose of displeasure. Quit hugging these guys. They need to perform or either take a shot to the jaw... or get the heck off the property.

It is not the fans. It is the admin. Punch them in the mouth and then help them off the floor. Then kick them in the groin and pick them back up. Buy them a beer and tell them how much you like the Cajuns. Then, tell them that when they do a great job, you want to have a beer with them, eat good and laugh hard. But, remind them... fail to put us together and succeed... "remember the kick to the groin?"

So yes... because WE, the real fans, do not light a fire under our administration... Jay Walker is right... it is the fans at UL that are at fault. He thinks it is because we do not support enough. I agree. We need to start supporting our left leg as our right leg slams into our admins' butts.

If they have some "super RCAF" coming out soon... they need to know that we aren't "buying" some half-butt attempt. It better be measurable and their livelihoods need to be the penalty for non-conformance. It is how I feel about this ridiculous stimulus package coming out of Washington... and I feel the same way about our admin at UL. The people that run organizations these days... mostly with political skills only... are pathetic. _
    Good post. I have to admit I have come around to your way of thinking. For good and bad UL has always been an insular community. Loyalty has always been the best way to move up the ranks. This is why it is so hard to change a culture. So far I have seen little difference in style or substance in the "new" administration. If things do not change drastically expect the improvement to be measured and bring about more frustration.
    As you alluded to, our frustration is he ony way this program is going to change.

Jay Walker is right... it is the fans at UL that are at fault. He thinks it is because we do not support enough. I agree. We need to start supporting our left leg as our right leg slams into our admins' butts.

Sometimes, I lose my temper. One of those times is when UL fans are told that they are the problem.

It is remarkable how much support Cajun athletics receives from the public given the absolute, gross mismanagement of the entire athletic department for several decades by inept bureaucrats.

No school in the SBC has the fan support for the majority of sports that we do.

No school in this league, except UL, can produce 30 freakin' thousand for a conference football game.

People like to compare this athletic department to a sleeping giant. That is correct. They are sleeping, a deep, coma-like sleep. The "giant" part of it are the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    _ And it continues. 2 years ago when some of us were clamoring for a change, we said (at least I did) that all we were doing was delaying the inevitable. So now we will go another year down the road before we START making improvements. Love Coach Bustle.. Seems like a great guy to drink a beer with.. But it has been clear for awhile that he was not going to improve things around here.... a start-up D-1 school is #1 in the league... the Troy bandwaggon continues... and we sit at the bottom.... sorry guys... sometimes you have to make difficult choices and this administration just does not have the gonads to do that _
    That is a start up D1A program that has a $20M+ athletic budget. They also pay their head basketball coach more than Bustle, Lee and Rogers combined. There you have it the reason they are more successful is money.

_ Jay Walker is right... it is the fans at UL that are at fault. He thinks it is because we do not support enough. I agree. We need to start supporting our left leg as our right leg slams into our admins' butts.

If they have some "super RCAF" coming out soon... they need to know that we aren't "buying" some half-butt attempt. It better be measurable and their livelihoods need to be the penalty for non-conformance. It is how I feel about this ridiculous stimulus package coming out of Washington... and I feel the same way about our admin at UL. The people that run organizations these days... mostly with political skills only... are pathetic.

Did Jay Walker actually say that? With our record and tradition it is nothing short of amazing the support we do get.

I agree with you 100% about the admin. It must start from the top and be something different than "We are committed to 1-A football". They need to make some moves to show us they mean what they say.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ Did Jay Walker actually say that? With our record and tradition it is nothing short of amazing the support we do get.

I agree with you 100% about the admin. It must start from the top and be something different than "We are committed to 1-A football". They need to make some moves to show us they mean what they say. _
    I'm not throwing Jay under the bus... he's a UL trooper and in a pinch with his career to state publically what he truly believes... but yes... he has on several occasions stated directly that fans need to put out the money and support and if not, we are the ones to blame for UL athletic issues. That is incorrect. The pipes are there. The valve operator is the UL admin. I think fans have over-supported for what they've gotten in return.

The focus isn't on Jay, our newspapers, our students, our band, our fans, our athletes, or even our coaches (hired and/or fired by the admin). Our focus has to be on our administrators. If they are as comfortable and arrogant as our past administrators... we will keep getting the same... and you can't blame fans for not liking that.

_ I'm not throwing Jay under the bus... he's a UL trooper and in a pinch with his career to state publically what he truly believes... but yes... he has on several occasions stated directly that fans need to put out the money and support and if not, we are the ones to blame for UL athletic issues. That is incorrect. The pipes are there. The valve operator is the UL admin. I think fans have over-supported for what they've gotten in return.

The focus isn't on Jay, our newspapers, our students, our band, our fans, our athletes, or even our coaches (hired and/or fired by the admin). Our focus has to be on our administrators. If they are as comfortable and arrogant as our past administrators... we will keep getting the same... and you can't blame fans for not liking that. _
    I never really liked Jay as an announcer. He is good at the play by play. I'm sure his a great guy. I could do without his little snide comments.

You are 100% correct about it starting with the UL admin. The RCAF will tell us how serious we are about football. Tulane is a good case in point. When they withdrew from the SEC they pretty much said hey we don't care. A Tulane fan I know has told me the admin has said things to the effect they don't care (Don't hold me to that because I didn't hear it personally). I went to a Tulane vs. Texas game a few years back and the old stogies were complaining about the games being held at the other stadium (The name of the outdoor stadium in N.O. escapes me right now). I had a chance to be in a suite and those guys like the Superdome rather empty. If they are not serious come out and tell us so we can go about our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ I went to a Tulane vs. Texas game a few years back and the old stogies were complaining about the games being held at the other stadium (The name of the outdoor stadium in N.O. escapes me right now).
    Tad Gormely Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    _ Sometimes, I lose my temper. One of those times is when UL fans are told that they are the problem.

It is remarkable how much support Cajun athletics receives from the public given the absolute, gross mismanagement of the entire athletic department for several decades by inept bureaucrats.

No school in the SBC has the fan support for the majority of sports that we do.

No school in this league, except UL, can produce 30 freakin' thousand for a conference football game.

People like to compare this athletic department to a sleeping giant. That is correct. They are sleeping, a deep, coma-like sleep. The "giant" part of it are the fans. _
    Very well said!

This is the best thread I've seen all year, awesome posts people!!!

Track & Field Re: 2009 Sunbelt Recruiting Rankings

_ Ah yes.. The "REAL FAN".... not those who have bought Season tickets for over 25 years and have been to places like Florida, Auburn, Tennesse and ... ahem... the den of inequity in br.. to support the team... Naaa the REAL FAN supports mediocrity without complaint... The REAL FAN never questions a ranking of close to last... The REAL FAN says its ok to be in the middle of the pack of the worst conference in America... ah yes the REAL FAN _
    REAL = realistic

Because you would have to be a complete dumbass to think that facilities do not matter in the recruiting process, and that recruiting does not matter in creating an up and coming program. I have not been a UL fan for long enough to understand your pain, but I have seen programs turn things around and understand the reality of what has to happen.

Do miracles occur? Sure they do...

UL is better off trying the tried and true method of "dressing for success" that has worked for several programs, like UConn as an example. A perenial pushover on the football field, invested in facilities, and in 6 years has become a top 25 team. My point was, build top tier facilities, and then expect your program to become top tier.

Stomping your feet about it just wears out your shoes...

PS: Utah beat Alabama with redshirt seniors from the 95th ranked recruiting class in the country in 2003!

_ Amen brother... great post.... and if I have not been clear my real displeasure IS with the administration. The lack of committment to improve things.. the acceptance of mediocrity for YEARS... I do think the toruble lies with the fans but not for a lack of support...I think we can be blamed for not being more vocal in our displeasure of the way athletics is being run... I think we compare favorably with many of the mid majors attendance wise and that in light of the absymal products that are year in and year out put in front of us... Certainly there are exceptions like softball (missing them today but watching on KLAF... I will be there tonite) and baseball.... but as everyone knows football drives the bus ( to quote Tony) and that product is down right embarrassing... sorry folks but its true..... try being me... hating a&m@br while they are doing what they are doing and supporting my Cajuns.. I will always support them but I wont be quiet about this administration _

But don't you think that the administration HAS committed itself to improvement of the program in recent years. You have improvements such as the indoor practice facility and turf for the field, overall cleaning of the field and they've done improvements every year for the past 2-3 years. The product on the field has been much better but the problem is that it is not consistent. I truly feel if we hadn't been hit by the injury truck last year, we would have won at least 7 games but we will never know. We lead the SBC once again in attendance and are almost certain to do so this year especially with Kansas St. coming into town. Also, you are not shy about your feelings of the current administration. How is it easy to judge them when our president has been in office for not even a year yet and Scott Farmer has been in barely longer. I know that David Walker has been here for a bit but I don't think he truly calls many of the shots.

My initial post was to point out that while it is often difficult to judge these classes at this level, you do need to be disappointed in the overall view of the class itself. We have a couple of guys who will be big contributors for a few years but I am a bit concerned. It was also a bit alarming to see a team that is just entering D-1 play get some highly touted guys.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information