Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ragin' Cajuns Announce Promotions Of Johnson, Munoz

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Announce Promotions Of Johnson, Munoz

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    I understand your concerns. Hud has been a dynamic spark for the university not only with the performance on the field but as the face of the program off the field in generating excitement and fundraising. So if we lose him we not only lose a good coach but our chief salesman. That is why it us so important to make the right hire for RCAF Director (or whatever the title will be) to take over the role of dynamic salesman for the program. And do it NOW!!!!!

True. But you need both. RCAF guy will never be the face of your program that will always be the head coach. Think of all the free publicy we have gotten over he past few years with Hud going on national radio and TV shows. A dynamic fund raiser will never get invited to those types shows nor will he ever be viewed as the face of your program. Hud has for 2 reasons 1 because he is winning, 2 he has the persoality for it. When a good head coach walks into a room his presence should be felt and he should take over the room. Hud got that kind of personality. I hope when the day comes we look for that quality along with being a winner as a head coach in our next hire.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post

Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns head football coach Mark Hudspeth announced that current offensive assistants Jay Johnson and Jorge Munoz were each elevated to the position of Associate Head Coach and Passing Game Coordinator, respectively.

Not clear on how coach Johnson's role will change. Does anyone know how his role will differ from years past?

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    I love coach Johnson. However I don't think he has the dynamic personality that we need to be the face of this program out in the community. He just doesn't have the ability to excite the masses. I would take his X's and O's any day. Just my humble opinion SL.
    Not every good HC has what Hud has when it comes to generating excitement. In fact, not many have that in their arsenal to begin with. I think Johnson would make a quality HC because, by all accounts, he can recruit well and his name will be linked with our recent success no matter how loud he is. If HUD were to leave, he should certainly be a candidate for the job since there would likely be much less transition pain to someone else and different philosophies. We could hopefully keep or hang on to current recruits and the fans would already know him and be familiar with his philosophies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information