Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sunbelt recruiting rankings.

Default Sunbelt recruiting rankings.

Can someone break down the recruiting rankings for me in the sunbelt?

Also can someone compare this class with say the one recruited 4 years ago.

Thanks!

2. Default Re: Sunbelt recruiting rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ Can someone break down the recruiting rankings for me in the sunbelt?

Also can someone compare this class with say the one recruited 4 years ago.

Thanks! _
    Rk Team Commits
    78. Troy 33
    82. Louisiana-Monroe 27
    86. MTSU 23
    88. FIU 23
    110. North Texas 21
    112. University of Louisiana 17
    117. Arkansas State 20
    118. FAU 27

*CajunRedZone.com (I wouldn't put too much stock in this stuff though. Remember, Fenroy and Chery were both Ranked as "1 star" athletes - Hilarious)

Default Re: Sunbelt recruiting rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ Rk Team Commits Conf
    t78. Troy 33 Sun Belt
    82. ULM 27 Sun Belt
    86. Middle Tennessee 23 Sun Belt
    88. Florida International 23 Sun Belt
    110. North Texas 21 Sun Belt
    112. Louisiana 17 Sun Belt
    117. Arkansas State 20 Sun Belt
    118. Florida Atlantic 27 Sun Belt

*CajunRedzone.com as of today _
    Looks like our ranking was impacted by having relatively few signees

The 2005 signing class included three-star RB Deon Wallace and one-star recruits Pirtle, Fenroy, Chery, Blount and Richardson by Scout.com. In addition to Wallace, Rivals.com had two other three-star guys sign with UL in K Brit Framel and QB John Hundley.

That class ranked second in the Sun Belt and tied for 72nd overall by Rivals.com. (The 2003 class was the best rating-wise in school history, finishing first in the conference and 56th overall.)

The Cajuns had 11 starters last season that were one-star recruits by Scout.com. That includes Chery, Desormeaux, Fenroy, Decoster, McCoy, Pirtle, Blount, Richardson, Jones, Edmiston and Burkhalter.

The leading rusher in Sun Belt history and Sun Belt player of the year as a senior.

The Sun Belt offensive player of the year as a senior.

Both starting tackles.

The team's leading tackler.

The school's career PATs made leader and league's single-season PATs made and PATs attempted marks.

Kind of shows how silly it is to take too much stock in these rankings.

Thanks Josh. exactly what I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    Kind of shows how silly it is to take too much stock in these rankings. _
    Yeah, I know. Most ranking websites have our recruiting classes ranked in the bottom of D1-FBS each year and after all of the games are played, we are usually ranked in the bottom of D1-FBS. What do they know?

Teams don't win games because of how many stars their recruits have. Those recruits have to get out there, develop and produce.

The Cajuns finished second in the Sun Belt last season with a 5-2 mark with 11 starters that were one-star recruits by Scout.com. That included the Sun Belt player of the year and offensive player of the year.

Anyone who looks too much into these recruiting rankings don't know much about football. These recruiting classes are ranked based on what they are right now, not in two or three years. That's how much time it will take for most of these players to make a true impact because most of the returning players are better, bigger and stronger right now and will get most of the playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunShocker View Post
    _ Yeah, I know. Most ranking websites have our recruiting classes ranked in the bottom of D1-FBS each year and after all of the games are played, we are usually ranked in the bottom of D1-FBS. What do they know? _

can you find a ranking list that shows we finished at the bottom of the FCS last year? I want to see that.

9. Default Re: Sunbelt recruiting rankings.

The recruiing awards should only be viewed as a high school senior class award.

I know its hard not to but the temptation to either extreme view 3 years down the road is silly.

By extreme I mean ignoring the senior production and wanting to wait 3 years OR trying to project 3 years down the road.

igeaux.mobi

The 2005 signing class included three-star RB Deon Wallace and one-star recruits Pirtle, Fenroy, Chery, Blount and Richardson by Scout.com. In addition to Wallace, Rivals.com had two other three-star guys sign with UL in K Brit Framel and QB John Hundley.

That class ranked second in the Sun Belt and tied for 72nd overall by Rivals.com. (The 2003 class was the best rating-wise in school history, finishing first in the conference and 56th overall.)

The Cajuns had 11 starters last season that were one-star recruits by Scout.com. That includes Chery, Desormeaux, Fenroy, Decoster, McCoy, Pirtle, Blount, Richardson, Jones, Edmiston and Burkhalter.

The leading rusher in Sun Belt history and Sun Belt player of the year as a senior.

The Sun Belt offensive player of the year as a senior.

Both starting tackles.

The team's leading tackler.

The school's career PATs made leader and league's single-season PATs made and PATs attempted marks.

Kind of shows how silly it is to take too much stock in these rankings. _

Turb, can you please frame this message for future reference. It really says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    Rk Team Commits
    78. Troy 33
    82. Louisiana-Monroe 27
    86. MTSU 23
    88. FIU 23
    110. North Texas 21
    112. University of Louisiana 17
    117. Arkansas State 20
    118. FAU 27
    Does anyone with more than a passing interest in recruiting and college football really believe Howard Schnellenberger at FAU was outrecruited by 117 other programs? Get real!

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    Does anyone with more than a passing interest in recruiting and college football really believe Howard Schnellenberger at FAU was outrecruited by 117 other programs? Get real!
    Their lack of a stadium is starting to effect them. FIU is making major strides with their new stadium and new staff.

If you go off of the Scout rankings our average star rating is 2.00 which is tied for 2nd in the Belt.

_ Teams don't win games because of how many stars their recruits have. Those recruits have to get out there, develop and produce.

The Cajuns finished second in the Sun Belt last season with a 5-2 mark with 11 starters that were one-star recruits by Scout.com. That included the Sun Belt player of the year and offensive player of the year.

Anyone who looks too much into these recruiting rankings don't know much about football. These recruiting classes are ranked based on what they are right now, not in two or three years. That's how much time it will take for most of these players to make a true impact because most of the returning players are better, bigger and stronger right now and will get most of the playing time. _
    I agree to a point, we can all point to 5 star busts and 1 star successes. Afterall we are dealing with young men that are still developing physically and mentally. But guys are graded in HS much more rigorously than they were 20 years ago. There is some rational to the ratings.
    Case in point SMiss. They have a different caliber of athlete than the Cajuns have. Their DL is a little bigger. Their LB and CB are a little faster. Their OL and WR a little more athletic. This happens because they consistently get 3 star recruits. Now if they do not develop the talent they have, we could still beat them, but if all things are equal they will beat us 90% of the time. The reason is because they are recruiting better athletes.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ If you go off of the Scout rankings our average star rating is 2.00 which is tied for 2nd in the Belt. _
    Our average star ranking is 2 because all of our 1 star recruits became 2 star recruits once they gave us verbals (that happens any time a 1* gets an offer from a FBS school).

So we need to make a decision. do stars matter? The answer is yes and no. For our purposes, it "doesn't matter" because we are not getting high stars. To put stock in them would be depressing. And it's easy to point out the flaws (fenroy, des etc). And it's easy to find the flopped 3 stars.

But I'll guarantee you far more 3 stars work out well than those that don't.

So for CajunNation, R90, HoustonCajun etc. your points are well taken. We are not where we need to be. I think even the most wide-eyed cajun fan knows that deep down. And it sucks to see schools that were once our equal making moves.

But for right now, this 1-2 star laden recruiting class are ours. Lets embrace the fact that they are the ones that will bring us to the next level. And as I've said before, we only need one season of on the field success and you will see a big difference in those rankings ya'll speak of all the time.

Good attendence+great atmosphere+good football=Class of the sunbelt.

I think we all know which variable is needed here^, and last year proved we're another step closer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information