Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2003 Football Commitments

1. UL Football 2003 Football Commitments

The dates are links to news articles on Joseph Hadnot

A Linebaker from Texas

Actually a Linebacker for the Lufkin Panthers.

10/13/2002 Joseph Hadnot led the team with nine tackles.

10/17/2002 Joseph Hadnot made nine tackles with one going for a loss.

10/24/2002 Hadnot earns defensive honors

Lufkin linebacker Joseph Hadnot had his best game of the season, recording 13 tackles and recovering a fumble, as the Panthers took a key 23-12 win over Longview on Friday night.

He was rewarded for his efforts by being named 11-5A's Defensive Player of the Week.

11/14/2002 Linebackers Joseph Hadnot, Tyson Kirksey and Patrick Arrington are the team's leading tacklers, each with over 60 on the season.

12/4/2002 LB Joseph Hadnot leads the team in tackles with 83, including 10 for losses.

12/9/2002 Hadnot had a standout performance for Lufkin. He led the team in tackles with 11 with three of those going for losses. He also stopped Longview's attempt at a fake punt, setting up Lufkin's second score.

12/18/2002 the Lufkin Panthers saw their run for back-to-back state titles come to a halt with a heartbreaking loss to the Southlake Carroll Dragons.

The Panthers' defense also has plenty of talent coming back. The team's top two tacklers this season — Joseph Hadnot and Tyson Kirksey will be back next season.

Hadnot finished with 104 tackles while Kirksey had 97.

It will be interesting to watch Joseph Hadnot during the 2003 football season.

Are you going to give us the stats on the other 100,000 kids playing football? Is he being recruited? If not tell us who this guy is and why should we care?

UL Football

Way to go football staff. Keep up the good work and lets get more early commitments.

UL Football

Originally posted by Chuck
    Are you going to give us the stats on the other 100,000 kids playing football? Is he being recruited? If not tell us who this guy is and why should we care?
    He is our first verbal commitment. Coach Bustle likes this kid.

UL Football Good ole South Texas Boy!

He has got to be a good one, he is a good ole Southeast Texas Boy!!! Ya'll may as well get used to my Texas Drawl, there are getting to be a large group of us around here, many of them residing around "The Swamp."

6. Default

LOUISIANA La. — Early commitments by high school and junior college players to head coach Rickey Bustle and Louisiana's football program have increased both date-wise and number-wise over the past 18 months.

But Joseph Hadnot broke some new ground for the Cajuns Thursday when he confirmed his commitment to sign with the program a full three months before beginning his senior prep season.

“I wanted to find a home early,” said the Lufkin, Texas, product. “They told me I could come in there and play, and that’s what I want to do.”

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@lafayette.gannett.com

7. Default

Meanwhile, Lufkin's Joseph Hadnot continued his outstanding year by making 13 tackles in Lufkin's 15-7 win over John Tyler. That performance earned him District 11-5A Defensive Player of the Week honors.

Five of Hadnot's tackles were behind the line of scrimmage and he also had a sack and a quarterback pressure.

The source of the story

Homes SO Clean

5'10" 195 lb OUTSIDE LINEBACKER? Sounds like a strong safety numbers but I would rather not judge until I have seen him play. Do we have a 40 time for this guy?

"5'10" 195 lb OUTSIDE LINEBACKER? Sounds like a strong safety numbers but I would rather not judge until I have seen him play. Do we have a 40 time for this guy?"

That's exactly what he will play at UL. I believe he has a 4.5/40. He played close to the line in highschool, must learn how to play more coverage.

10. I have a Question Damarcus Smith

Can anyone tell me about ()Jamarcus Smith? I have searched the web and can find nothing. From what I have been told by a VERY reliable source, ()Jamarcus Smith is an NFL prototype defensive back, who has committed to the Cajuns. Can anyone help me find some information on this player?

edited for name spelling

try Jamarcus Smith

12. UL Football Destrehan’s Smith commits to Cajuns

Defensive back gave Tulane verbal pledge last year.

LOUISIANA La. — During his senior season at Destrehan, Jamarcus Smith came to the conclusion that Tulane University was where he wanted to continue his football career.

But after stuggling to meet the requirements on the ACT for admission into Tulane, Smith sat out the fall semester and has since decided to play for Rickey Bustle and Louisiana's Ragin’ Cajuns.

“I didn’t really want to sit out this past semester,” Smith said. “But I was becoming frustrated with myself and that test. But it all has worked out for the best.”

Once the 5-10 170-pound cornerback decided that he wasn’t going to play for the Green Wave, Smith chose the Ragin’ Cajuns over Southern Mississippi and Northwestern State.

The rest of the story

Eric Narcisse
    enarcisse@theadvertiser.com

13. Default 5th commitment: Bobby Fails (Lineman)

Any news on an offensive lineman that committed yesterday to Louisiana? It was reported on KATC.

14. Default

Lineman chooses Cajuns

LOUISIANA La. — Louisiana has received its sixth football commitment to the 2004 signing class, with Parkview Baptist lineman Bobby Fails giving Ragin’ Cajun head coach Rickey Bustle a verbal pledge Monday.

The 6-foot-4, 275-pound Fails played offensive line for the first time this season for the state semifinalist Eagles, after playing defensive line in his first three high school seasons. But he said Monday he wasn’t picky about where the Cajun coaches utilize his talents.

“Honestly, I want to play wherever the coaches put me,” he said. “I don’t have a preference. I think they’re pretty set on putting me in the O-line, but wherever they think I can help the team, that’s where I want to be.”

Fails joins defensive back Joseph Hadnot of Lufkin, Texas, Lafayette High running back Caleb Rubin, offensive lineman Austin Wilkinson of The Woodlands, Texas, offensive lineman Jesse Newman of Powell River, British Columbia and Destrehan defensive back Jamarcus Smith as early Cajun commitments.

Fails helped lead Parkview Baptist to the state’s top ranking in Class 3A all season, before falling in the semifinals.

His teams compiled a 38-4 overall record in the past three seasons, including a state championship.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

Homes SO Clean

15. People 7th commitment: Curtis Isaac (D-Line)

Junior College recruit gives verbal pledge after visit.

LOUISIANA La. — Louisiana’s football squad got its first commitment from a defensive lineman for the 2004 recruiting class Wednesday.

Independence Community College standout Curtis Isaac, heralded as one of the top defenders in the Kansas-based Jayhawk Conference for the past two seasons, gave the Cajun coaching staff a verbal pledge after an official visit last weekend.

“When I walked around town, everybody showed the football players a lot of respect, and I liked that,” said the 6-foot-2, 280-pounder. “We didn’t have that good a year up here as a team, and everyone kind of started ignoring us.

“When I was down there, the fans seemed like they showed a lot of support.”

Isaac, a native of Hopkins, S.C., was a two-time All-Jayhawk Conference pick for Independence, seeing his first-ever action in the defensive line after playing linebacker during his high school career. He said that the Cajun coaches had already tabbed him for the defensive front.

“I like the D-line a lot,” he said. “You’re always in the middle of all the action. At linebacker, I was having to run just to get into the play.

“They’re going to a 4-3 there next year and it’s a lot like what we ran the last two years.”

Isaac finished with 80 tackles, seven quarterback sacks and 14 tackles for losses this fall despite Independence’s 2-7 overall record.

He had previously earned All-State honors at linebacker at Lower Richland High in Hopkins, competing in the state’s largest (4A) classification.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information