Thread: ESPN's Prestige Rankings

UL Football ESPN's Prestige Rankings

Don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but ESPN is compiling a list of all the 119 Div-1A schools overall prestige in football since 1936.

We are of course near the very bottom.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3842161

UL Football Re: ESPN's Prestige Rankings

Did anyone see this? Or is everyone ignoring it?

Default Re: ESPN's Prestige Rankings

I never saw it. Seems like all of the state schools are sitting in the bottom except for the flagship. Guess that's what happens when one dominates the others

Considering we have never been to a modern day bowl game. I was expecting us to be a the very bottom. Oh, what I would give to go to a bowl game!

This ranking confirms it! We are behind Tech and ahead of ULM. Case Closed!

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    _ Considering we have never been to a modern day bowl game. I was expecting us to be a the very bottom. Oh, what I would give to go to a bowl game! _
    Yeah, I'm surprised about some of the schools we are ahead of. I didn't necessarily expect to be dead last, but I did think we'd be behind all but a small handful of schools.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ This ranking confirms it! We are behind Tech and ahead of ULM. Case Closed! _

In football

8. UL Football Re: ESPN's Prestige Rankings

Since this goes back to 1936 I am shocked UL is as low as it is. It is a shame the writers did not know how good UL was in 1943. Probably the best team that has ever been assembled anywhere.

I am sure they call it a minor bowl but the Oil bowl was really the 1st Super Bowl and teams that were not as good as UL was in 1943 were ranked as high as 3rd in 1944.

What I really don't understand is how UL could garner a negative 23 based on this for football.

Each year of television ban: minus-1
    Each year of postseason ban: minus-2
    Each year of overall probation: minus-1
    Each year of financial-aid penalty: minus-1
    Each year of recruiting penalties: minus-1
    Each penalty of "show cause action:" minus-2

This ranking is a joke. According this ranking Duke has 38th most prestigious football program in the country!?!?!?!?!?!? My arse

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BraveCajun View Post
    _ This ranking is a joke. According this ranking Duke has 38th most prestigious football program in the country!?!?!?!?!?!? My arse _
    It is by far the most out of whack ranking (Duke 38th). especially with Vanderbilt being 119. That makes no sense whatsoever. I see similarities in these schools. definitely not this kind of disparity. Most of the programs listed start becoming increasingly difficult to rank. with regard to "football prestige".

11. Default Re: ESPN's Prestige Rankings

Duke #38

Somebody spilled some of the Dick Vitale ESPN love potion #9 basketball juice on the football rankings.

Thread Information