Thread: Basketball Schedule

Default Basketball Schedule

Usually comes out late summer. I know we got LTU at the Dome. Return game at Houston. I'm assuming Jackson St returns the game this year as well. Anyone have anything else?

We go to Auburn, then we are playing in a tournament in Vegas. Not sure who we are playing there, though. I'm sure we also play McNeese on the road as well.

Default Re: Basketball Schedule

I believe Tulsa is on the schedule.

Vegas? When? I might go.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Vegas? When? I might go.
    Also think they are playing the Maui Inland again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Also think they are playing the Maui Inland again.
    While I'd love that trip, I can't afford it. Anyone know when this Vegas trip would be?

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    While I'd love that trip, I can't afford it. Anyone know when this Vegas trip would be?
    They played the Maui Inland tourney at Coastal Carolina last year.

They are waiting on the conference to put out the new conference schedule. The non conference games are set. I believe the trip to Vegas is the weekend before Thanksgiving.

We are not playing Houston this year. Last year's game at the Dome was a return from a visit to Houston the prior year. We will have 10 home conference games plus LTU and Jackson State at home. I also know we will have two
    non D1 home games. Last I heard is they were hoping to get another D1 home game scheduled but I do not know if they have had any luck doing so. On the road, we do go to McNeese and Northwestern State. Hopefully we get some Cajun fans to make those short trips. We should have a team that will be fun to support once again.

Non conference home schedule sucks and it doesnt sell tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    No doubt the home non conference schedule could be more attractive. Reason it is not is simply because we cannot get schools to come play us at the Dome. That even goes for in state schools like UNO. It has been a problem for a long time. Now it is even more difficult. Reasons for that include the success we had last season, the highly rated recruiting class we brought in, and the reputation of our coaching staff. Completing the basketball schedule is one of the most difficult jobs there is on campus. Only way to change that would be to have enough money in the budget to "buy" home basketball games against other D1 schools. That cost at least 50 grand these days. At this stage, other items are higher priority. It would be nice if someone stepped up with a big basketball donation for help in this regard but I am not holding my breath on that happening.

You're right, it doesn't sell tickets. I would hope tickets are being purchased to watch the home team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    You're right, it doesn't sell tickets. I would hope tickets are being purchased to watch the home team.
    +10,000

Teams in the Vegas Tournament (not confirmed) are Oral Roberts, Alcorn State and Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

That tournament is Monday and Wednesday with the team returning Thanksgiving day.

If you want to be home to eat turkey, redeye flights are available.

Conference schedule has been out for a while now. Twenty conference games this year.

Jackson State, Tech and two non D-1's as of right now at home.

At NW St, McNeese, Tulsa and Auburn.

NW State is the night of the New Orleans and Camellia Bowls. Other than that, no conflicts with FB.

Jesse had games against Mississippi State and Texas Tech at home. Both poorly attended.

I remember a game against Houston with Mirchell, Boyd, Greene, Bridges with almost no one there. Cajun fans don't go to the dome for non conference games.

Thread Information